[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got Bayonetta 2 special edition which included Bayonetta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: bayonetta-2-wallpaper.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2-wallpaper.jpg
657 KB, 1920x1080
Just got Bayonetta 2 special edition which included Bayonetta 1. Currently playing through 1 and it's really fucking good. My question is: Is Bayonetta 2 a good sequal as in does it improv on what Bayonetta already has and should I play Bayonetta 2 right after 1 or should I try to explore Bayonetta 1 deeper?
>>
File: 1450239584924.jpg (43 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450239584924.jpg
43 KB, 600x450
Its better. It improves all the meh things that 1 did. Better QTE, cooler new weapons, better boss fights and stages.

Only thing 1 does better is story, but theyre both shit stories desu.

Beat 1, play 2, and go back to 100% (or get all weapons at least) whichever you preferred (2 for me...less grind to get all weapons/outfits

Also 2 has online co-op that gets cash FAST. 100k +++ each time
>>
Bayonetta 2 does everything better than Bayonetta 1, with one exception. The final Boss is shit tier and doesn't come close to the hype of the first one. All the other bosses are better though.

If I were you I'd finish Bayo 1 and then move right on to Bayo 2.
>>
File: Bayonetta.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>
>>320733746
I liked the standard enemies in 1 better than those in 2
But those QTEs just kill it for me, I'm so glad they're gone in 2
>>
>>320733058
I'd say it does just about everything better, but I found it easier than bayonetta 1.
My only real gripe being that before the final boss there is a really long vehicle section where you shoot stuff on a jet, and the final boss and said annoying section are ON THE SAME LEVEL.
If you want to just re-fight the final boss again, oh boy.
Also, I never understood the hate 2's final boss got. I personally found the final boss of 1 really dumb, attacking you ever so slowly with he hair and shit as you sit on the bottom of a bubble.
>>
>>320733058

Bayo2 does bosses and has love is blue but on a technical and difficulty level is worse than Bayo1. It has a couple of step backs as far as mechanics go and UC is poorly used in it.

Bayo2 is by no means a bad game and has some of the best bosses between them but is ultimately a step down in terms of combat. However if creating combos and difficulty aren't something you're interested in it's fine. There's a reason that despite all the casual changes the game still gets positive reviews across the board.

Think of it like a step down in the vein of NG2 to NGS2
>>
>>320733589
Fuck no. B2 improved a lot of things but added a bunch of nonsense for no reason at all, like combo breaker enemies, witch time being a necessity to hit enemies which made fights with lumen sage shit, no juggling unless you activate umbran climax or bracelet of time, cooldown to use jump cancels, wicked weaves nerfed to normal damage while umbran climax is now the game's high damage move.

Good things B2 did: short hair bayo, moon river, mecha fight, no bullshit QTEs, no bullshit vehicle sections.

Play the first one then play the second one. Both games act as a loop anyway since you need to play both to understand the story.(lolwhocaresright)
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>320733058
Haven't played the 2nd, but Bayonetta 1 is the most combat intense game I've ever played. There where many times that i was maneuvering so much that I could barely follow her on the screen... Greatest of times!
>>
>>320733058
Some things it improves on:

You have more crucial skills from the start, or at least you can buy them really early. Bayonetta 1 is painful at the beginning without bat within.

Second, Muspelheims are the Alfheims of the second game and function similarly. You need to complete them for ranking BUT unlike alfheims, 90% of them aren't that hidden, and only have one small objective instead of a gruelingly annoying fight.

There aren't that many extra weapon unlocks like the first game where you unlock weapons for clearing the game on Nonstop Climax and whatnot.

you can unlock Scarborough Fair and Shuraba (technically) by beating 2nd climax (normal mode). These have the same combos from the first game. Plus the Chain Chomp for 3rd (hard). There's no nonstop climax unlock.
>>
I feel like Bayonetta 2 controls better than 1, but sort of falls flat on some things compared to the first game. Bayonetta 1 has better combat, better implementation of Witch Time, better weapons, and a largely better OST. Don't get me wrong at all, Bayonetta 2 is still a superb game, it's got alot going for it along with co op, but it just felt like it was missing something.
>>
File: Fuck You.webm (111 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
Fuck You.webm
111 KB, 300x270
>>320733589
Don't underestimate the verse card difficulties either

>Boss card
>what's the worst that can happen
>3 stars
>you fight 3 of the same boss at once
>>
>>320738320
I dunno, I like bayonetta 2's witch time since it's absolutely crucial to defeating some enemies. So it's not disabled for Nonstop Climax.

I'm half and half on the weapons. I like Alruna and Chain chomp a lot, but I miss Sai Fung and Durga.

Undine is a shitty replacement for Durga. Plus it doesn't even make sense thematically

>Undines are water elementals
>It can switch to fire element for some reason
>>
>>320738348
Fuck you Loptr
>>
>>320733058
Depends on how deep you get into both games.

I think Bayonetta 2 is the superior game for a first, more 'casual' playthrough.

I think Bayonetta 1 is the superior game if you're going to get deep 50+ hours into it and really learn the combat.

Both are amazing.
>>
>>320738639
>I like bayonetta 2's witch time since it's absolutely crucial to defeating some enemies

This was my problem with the game. In Bayonetta 1 Witch Time was essentially a "crutch" mechanic that the player depended upon on Normal and Hard. On IC difficulty Witch Time is taken away from you, but the game is so well designed that you do not need Witch Time in order to effectively dispatch enemies and get Pure Platinums. Like you said, in Bayo 2 you pretty much NEED Witch Time to even be able to hit some enemies, and that's where I count it as a flaw.
>>
>>320733589
>Better QTE
Bayo 2 doesnt have QTE's

it have button prompts
>>
>>320739031
It still had some QTEs but they got rid of the "blend cutscene into gameplay" QTEs like the big rig killing bayonetta if you weren't paying attention
>>
>>320733058
What ever you decide to do, make sure you play Wonderful 101. It's the best game
>>
>>320739319
This is why Bayonetta 2 will always be better than Bayonetta 1 for me, even if Bayo 1's combat gets a bit deeper in the end.

>Cutscene
>Walking along road
>suddenly 'PRESS X TO NOT DIE'
>Car runs me over literally 1 second after

At least Resident Evil 4 gave you like 3 seconds to react. You fucking blink and you're insta-dead. The dumbest fucking thing you can do in an action game.
>>
>>320733589

>Bayo 1
>Better story

Naw senpai. Bayo 1 is really just a cliche "lost memories" story. Bayo 2 actually expands the characters, gives some personal stakes to one of the main plots, and also manages to tie into Bayo 1 in a way that actually improves the first game.

To answer OP,

Both games are worth going for 100% completion and PP on infinite climax. Bayo 1 has harder and has more technical combat. Bayo 2 has better presentation and more content. Start Bayo 2 on 3rd climax.
>>
>>320739319
>>320739476

There are actually some "hidden" QTEs that show no prompt. At the end of some scenes you can dodge and it'll give you and advantage starting that verse. IIRC failing them has no penalty, you just miss on the advantage.
>>
>>320739796
This desu senpai.
>>
>>320739796
Bayo 1 is also a lot harder both in the traditional sense and for the sake of completion.

Extra verses are INCREDIBLY easy to miss, and Alfheims on higher difficulties are a kick in the teeth.

if I remember one of them is fighting 2/3 jeannes at once
>>
>>320740632
Also there's that Alfheim that doesn't show up unless you destroy a specific trash can in the area.
>>
>>320740632
>>320740951

I dislike How hidden some of those Alfheims were. If you're going to be arsed to get PP I'd just look up the locations. The real challenge is inside anyway.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.