[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yakuza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 600x338
Ya'll niggas having fun?
>>
>>320730981
nobody cares faggot
>>
Is the first game worth suffering through for the later ones? Does it get better?
>>
>yakuza
/v/ - meme games general
>>
>>320732816

Many people would tell you to play 1-5. Each installment makes the previous one look obsolete.

However, 0 is a prequel to the series, and there's a possibility that we'll get Kiwami. Your call.

Whatever you do, don't be a faggot and start with the fifth game. You won't have any attachment to the characters or the gameplay.
>>
>>320732928

>meme games

So does this mean Yakuza threads ars dead now? Looks like I finished the game at the right time.
>>
File: fXseTSm.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fXseTSm.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>Haruka Sweet 17
>>
>>320732816
I always tell people that want to get into a series to start at the first game onwards. But Yakuza is one of those exceptions for me. Honestly just jump in at any game you want. Because most of the games focus on their own stories. They do call back to the previous games at times but the games do a decent job catching you up. Yakuza 4 had a movie viewer that gave you a summary of all the previous games. Just remember 2 things:
1) the plots are more or less nonsense
2) Kiryu is a fucking badass
>>
Still playing Yakuza 1 on PCSX2. MAN this game is so damn good.
>>
>>320733587
>Yakuza 4 had a movie viewer that gave you a summary of all the previous games.
Those don't do the main stories justice, nevermind the recurring characters from side/sub-stories.

Also always start from 1. And never from a prequel. Prequels above all else are never meant to be experienced first.
>>
>>320733587

I started with Y4 because it was free on PS+. Having played 4, 5, and Ishin, I feel fine. 0 and Kiwami are next, so I don't really feel as if I missed out.
>>
>>320733981
Of course it wouldnt. But it is a decent primer for newbies. I started at Yakuza 4 because the Shitlord were doing an LP of it. After playing thru 4 i went back to the other games to give myself some more context. I kept getting lost in the minigames tho
>>
File: Excitement.png (168 KB, 672x606) Image search: [Google]
Excitement.png
168 KB, 672x606
I'm finally home, so I can download it.

Can't wait to play it. Been waiting for three years.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.