[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does it actually contain any meaningful commentary on Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: gh.jpg (101 KB, 762x350) Image search: [Google]
gh.jpg
101 KB, 762x350
Does it actually contain any meaningful commentary on Star Wars etc. or is that just wishful thinking of Obsidian fans?
>>
It does a lot of questioning about how good jedi actually are, and why someone might go to the darkside, if that's the kind of stuff you mean.
>>
>>320729241
It's not canon, so who cares?
>>
It's way too complex for star wars. Star Wars isn't meant to have grey morality - it works best when it is black and white, good vs evil.

It's all well and good giving me a lecture on how giving charity to beggars can cause them to get merked in 5 minutes and vice versa, but also placing me on an arbitrary LIGHT SIDE v. DARK SIDE chart whenever I make a decision just fucks its shit up
>>
>>320729241
yes
but it plays at a time way before the films
but it doesnt matter anymore anyway as its not disney cannon anymore
>>
I think they do a good job with the jedi. Sith are still shit though
>>
>>320729385
This.
>>320729436
Also this.

That game was non-canon even before the EU purge.
>>
>>320729449
The right way to play is to ignore the system and maintain your grey all game, doing good and bad things as the situation demands. The system is there to show you just how arbitrary good and bad are. You are suppose to ignore it and choose your own morals. If you are completely good or completely bad by the end of the game, you fucked up and let kreia down.
>>
>>320729436
>>320729481
>>320729618
>being autistic

what the fuck difference does it make if something is canon or not? you still get the same level of enjoyment from playing through it
>>
>>320730115
because op asked for it ...
>>
>>320730115
I didn't ask about whether or not it's canon.
>>
File: Trask_ulgo.jpg (255 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Trask_ulgo.jpg
255 KB, 640x800
>>320730381
It can still have meaningful commentary whether it's canon or not. Just because disney says it's not part of the canon, because they are too lazy to learn all the series unfilmed lore, doesn't mean that it isn't still written as if it were canon.
>>
>>320729241
>looking to video games for "meaningful commentary" on anything, let alone on something as retarded as babby's first hero's journey

baka
>>
>>320729436
>needing to kill yourself this badly

What does a videogame have to do with if it's canon or not? TSL is still one of the best Star Wars games with the RCM, pussy.
>>
>>320729815
but YOU, the player, let her down by following "the right way to play"

you failed the meta-test that the game posed.
>>
>>320730381
no he didn't
>>
File: double edgy.jpg (153 KB, 800x817) Image search: [Google]
double edgy.jpg
153 KB, 800x817
>>320729241
Here is the tip for playing the game. Maintain your light side. Ignore Kreia. Defeat her later for she is a lying Sith that tries to peddle to you survival-of-the-fittest philosophy that is not compatible with civilization. Proceed to ignore her losing rants and ride off to sunset. Proceed to categorize everyone that thinks her "deep" as children.
>>
kotor 2 is really unique among star wars installments

the lore is contrived and weird, the characters are more worked out and deeper than you'll find in any other video game, the storyline is decent in the beginning but gets really crappy towards the end.
atmosphere, depth, amount of content and dialogue are top notch.

if you want the classic star wars experience, play KotOR 1.
KotOR 2 is hard to describe and hard to rate.
>>
>>320730713
I didn't let her down. She told me I was her greatest student and that she loved me. I play the game specifically to make her proud.
>>
>>320731207
Kotor 2 is the better game with the Restored Content Mod, hands down.

Not just because of Kreia or how edgy of a character she is.
>>
>>320731207
It's unique because it's one if the few pieces of Star Wars media that's well written.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.