[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw0 iCYEavcU Who's thi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: img01.png (809 KB, 1000x842) Image search: [Google]
img01.png
809 KB, 1000x842
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw0iCYEavcU

Who's this semen demon?
>>
Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
The main character of Tales of Berseria
>>
please let there be good outfits and costumes and not all boring swimming or school dlc
>>
A terrible character.
>>
>>320729239
Healer(male)
>>
File: 134216452165421.png (56 KB, 660x490) Image search: [Google]
134216452165421.png
56 KB, 660x490
> female protagonist
>>
File: 1450481853044.jpg (9 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
1450481853044.jpg
9 KB, 180x240
why is japan so fucking obsessed with belts
>>
Velvet Devourer
Got a nice ring to it, don't you think?

>>320729532
>Female protagonist
>In a JRPG
Yes, and?
>>
>>320729532
That's not a bad thing
>>
>>320729737
Principle of the matter, not like they're any better, just bad in a different way.
>>
>>320730312
So you're saying that both male and female protags are bad in different ways?

You'd rather play as an object or some gross deformed xim/xer/bbq thing?
>>
>>320730634
No, that East and West are terrible with female protagoinsts, in different ways.
>>
>>320730785
That's just generalizing. The quality of a character only varies with each character.
>>
>>320730312
Principle of what matter? The only argument I've seen for this sort of shit is:
>a) Women can't be warriors/soldiers/whatever, it beaks my emotion
Which may hold some weight in a realistic setting but when the average JRPG male protagonist is a teenage twig destroying monsters 20 times his size with a sword bigger than he is, it doesn't really make much sense. And:
>b) They're catering to SJWs
Which the Japs only care about at the moment in terms of 'potentially risque' content being unprofitable in the west (if that's even true), not in the sense of making sure all genderliquid omniethnic handicompetent lifeforms get representation. Also, they've had female protagonists for ages, it's nothing new. Velvet isn't exactly a role model either, she's maximum chuuni. She's aimed at a specific otaku niche, not social activists who don't buy these games.
>>
Her design is shit. Buy her some proper fucking clothes.
>>
>>320730945
The most remotely famous eastern female protagonist was Samus.
Samus. The emotionally vacant, personality-less THING. That should show how far they can possible go.
>>
Any clothes gets ripped off due to her wolf transformation. But yes, there always alt outfits. Do not despair.
>>
>>320729239
No clue but good god is she generic looking
>19 years old
Yeah just like every other character in your stupid weebshit universe. Why is originality so rare amongst the moon people?
>>
The very definition of a over-designed character.
>>
>>320731352
Fame does not equate to quality. Mario isn't exactly the most profound of male protagonists.
>>
Delicious /ss/
>>
>>320731624
Please, tell me what stellar examples of female protagonists the Japanese gaming industry has gifted us.
>>
>>320731995
I'm having a hard time thinking of any legitimately great protagonists from any game, really.
>>
So /v/ wants to censor this game now? This is why we cant have nice things.
>>
>>320732483
There are a few.
And none of them are women, for a reason.
>>320732505
I don't want it censored, I just want Velvet replaced with a man.
>>
>>320732607
>There are a few.
Like who, honestly? Really, it depends on how demanding you're being in terms of good writing, no one is going to be on the level of classic literature.
Off the top of my head, I can think of Terra from FFVI and Aya from Parasite Eve. Not exactly amazing, but not terrible either.
>>
>>320729532
I too want that meme to end. No wonder the world has gone to shit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.