[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Kamiya and his studio leaves Capcom >is revealed to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: 798px-Capcom_logo.svg.png (32 KB, 798x146) Image search: [Google]
798px-Capcom_logo.svg.png
32 KB, 798x146
>Kamiya and his studio leaves Capcom
>is revealed to be a dickhead with a massive ego that can do nothing but rip-off DMC3 to survive. Also, hasn't made a game better than DMC4: SE yet
>Mikami leaves Capcom
>goes on to make a shitty RE4 clone that is poorly received everywhere
>Kikefune leaves Capcom
>I don't think I even have to explain this one

Can you admit that Capcom did nothing wrong, /v/?
>>
Do you guys think that Capcom has learnt what people want and create RE2 remake in the same vein as ReMake and RE0, or are they going to fuck it up.
>>
>>320718843
No matter what they do, the psx nostalgia fags will buy, along the ff7re
>>
>>320718843
No, REmake 2 will probably be pretty average, I have a hard time believing anyone who didn't just jump on the REmake bandwagon when the remaster dropped this year is excited by the idea of modern day Capcom helming it. Everyone seems to forget that a lot of the reason REmake worked so well is that it was largely the same team as the original.
>>
>>320718843
They have to make that game for more than just the fans of the original. My expectations are set to low.
>>
>haven't made a good game since resident evil 4
>nothing wrong
pick one
>>
>>320718583
>Mikami leaves Capcom
>goes on to make a shitty RE4 clone that is poorly received everywhere
Yeah lets pretend he didnt make Vanquish which was one of the best TPS ever made.
TEW was the horrible because Bethesda bought Tango when Mikami founded the studio and forced Mikami to make a RE4 clone although he didnt even want to be directly involved in games anymore and wanted the last game he makes to be a psychological horror more into the direction silent hill went.

>is revealed to be a dickhead with a massive ego that can do nothing but rip-off DMC3 to survive. Also, hasn't made a game better than DMC4: SE yet
He literally only made 3 games after leaving capcom of which 1 could be called DMC clone and the two others being something completely new.
>>
File: img_growth1-01.png (146 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
img_growth1-01.png
146 KB, 960x480
Can you admit that Capcom did nothing, /v/?
Fix'd
>>
>>320719812

Thank Christ someone here is not completely fucking retarded.

If The Evil Within was the game Mikami wanted to be, then it had the potential to be great. Also forcing them to use id-tech was just completely retarded. Somehow Tango even managed to come out the other side with the best looking id tech game to date.

Also Vanquish.

Theres a fucking reason all of them left Capcom instead of staying there.
>>
>>320720090
>>320719812
Why does /v/ hate TEW? It wasn't perfect but it was quite decent for a horror game.
>>
>>320720483
The game design is an absolute polarizing clusterfuck.

There will be great moments, followed by a lot of 'ehh' moments, followed by some absolutely shit moments. It repeats like this the entire game.
>>
>>320720649
I agree. It was fun nonetheless. The manor was absolutely great.
>>
>>320720809
>The manor was absolutely great
I feel it would have been better if they didn't put in those cheap one hit kill traps. In fact, there's way too much of that kind of shit in this game.

But I did appreciate the "openness" and exploration based gameplay in that segment. Would have been nicer if they designed the game more around that idea instead of jumping from psychological horror set piece to set piece.
>>
>>320720483
/v/ bought into all the "rebirth of survival horror" shit it was marketed under and somehow went into it not just expecting RE4.5
>>
>>320720483
>it was quite decent for a horror game
>for a horror game
Upon what games do you build this standard?
>>
>>320720483

Did the DLC do ANYTHING to sort out the plot?
>>
>>320721102

Not really. It basically shows some run up and what the woman was doing whenever she was split up from Seb.

It just really feels like The Evil Within was about 3 different games smooshed together, like Mikami made this Dark Souls style, lel trap you would have no idea was going to be there, re-load get a little further type thing and then Beth saw it and went... Thats not Resident Evil make it scary, make like Resident Evil we want a Resident Evil.

We fucking own you.
>>
>tfw you just want another maximo game
>>
>>320718973
>psx
>>
Kamiya may be a dickhead, but at least he still makes decent games.
>>
>>320721653

THIS NIGGA RIGHT HERE KNOWS!

>Maximo Versus Ghost and Goblins
>game features both titular characters of Arthur and Maximo, each in their unique gameplay styles, Arthur is twitch jumping, Maximo is 3D hack and slash, maybe even have them swap gameplay styles.

WHERE IS IT
>>
>>320721034
Eh, not that many now that I think of: fatal Frame, Haunting Ground, Rule of Rose, RE series, Silent Hill... TEW was decent, I wouldn't call it perfect but I enjoy playing it.

What else did bother you in that game?

>>320720983
> feel it would have been better if they didn't put in those cheap one hit kill traps

Ah maybe, but I rarely fell into such trap. The game was challenging but most games on the market are easy and I think that the industry has spoiled consumers with easy games. With TEW I had to reload several times which isn't the case with many others that I played.

>>320721000
Perhaps, I didn't mind it being a clone. In a way, it was like a game of spot the difference (or similarity) between TEW and RE4.

>>320721102
It tries to reveal more about the characters. I enjoyed it but it isn't that important for the plot.
>>
>>320722046
What else did bother you in that game?

meant for >>320720983
>>
>Implying DMC4 was good
>>
>>320718583
>Can you admit that Capcom did nothing wrong, /v/?

I like capcom, but I'm not gonna act like they did nothing wrong. Because they did a lot of shit wrong.

I still find it funny that after Inafune leaves they start getting better.
>>
>>320722353
>I still find it funny that after Inafune leaves they start getting better
They just started fucking up in different ways. Their "Mobile is the future and the present and the past" drive is still going on for 4 years after Inafune bailed.
>>
>>320718583
To be honest I feel like neither side are good.
In one side you have hacks leaving Capcom, but Capcom itself is run by scum of the earth.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.