[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: pillars of eternity.jpg (60 KB, 915x585) Image search: [Google]
pillars of eternity.jpg
60 KB, 915x585
>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important. During development we realized that if we had someone focusing on stronghold content, it would jeopardize other quests that we felt were more valuable. That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light.

So instead of making something as good as BG2's stronghold's, Obsidian cheaped out AGAIN and underdelivered.

BRAVA CU-CK SAWYER

BRAVA

>boring world
>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
>boring, unnatural dialog that just lore dumps at you
>boring companions (the priest guy seemed kind of interesting) that don't interact with the world like they did in Baldur's Gate 2
>don't know what kind of wacky tobacky they were smoking when they made the stats for the characters
>bland skills and spells makes combat boring
>trash mobs as far as the eye can see also you get no xp for killing them
>MMO style weapon design where nothing is unique like BG2 and instead are just FOUR STAM FOUR STRENGTH LEATHER BELT
>typically buggy Obsidian release
>no mod tools in sight

And now they're charging for - get this - Part 1 of an expansion pack. If a PCu-ck could explain why this is acceptable, I'd love to hear it.

Why did PCucks declare this game a savior of the genre, again?
>>
u mad?
>>
>>320718239
Good pasta. It's true, I have it and lost interest fast, the encounter designs are just pathetically boring esp with no XP to make it feel worthwhile.
>>
>>320718239
I haven't played the game but are you honestly trashing the lore because it contains wealthy black people? Stormfags please get off my video games
>>
>>320718239
Pretty good fucking game, I enjoyed it.
>>
>>320718812
Please tell me how "wealthy black people" makes sense.

That's borderline an oxymoron
>>
>>320718239
>>>JS: The stronghold never really got the content it needed to make it feel worthwhile or important...
no citation, hearsay

>stupid lore (rich fantasy niggers. elder scrolls pls go)
totally false, stopped reading there

0/10 bait, try again later
>>
>>320719442
http://www.ragequit.gr/specials/item/josh-sawyer-obsidian-interview-ragequit

BTFO you little Obsidiot.
>>
>>320719531
>That's why the stronghold wound up being system-heavy and content-light. It's something we're trying to address with our 3.0 patch, which will be available when The White March, Part II, goes live.

based sawyer, i never doubted you
>>
>>320718239
>as good as BG2's stronghold's

You what, nigga? As strongholds they sucked ass, they were just fun quests. Well, some of them, at least. But once you completed the original quest you had little reason to go back, especially since all of them were placed as if the devs intentionally wanted to make things as inconvenient for you as possible.
>>
>>320718239
Does anyone have this game or Wasteland 2 on GoG?

I'm poor as fuck and can't buy them myself, so I was hoping to use someone's GoG account for a few days to literally just download them.
>>
>>320720694
Just pirate them, m8.
>>
>>320722338
But that would be hurting Obsidian and InXile.
>>
>>320722505
How is it any different from taking them off of somebody else's account?
>>
>>320722575
It wouldn't
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.