[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TESV: Skyrim releases >buggy mess >empty world that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: todd.jpg (38 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
38 KB, 1280x720
>TESV: Skyrim releases
>buggy mess
>empty world that you don't have an effect on
>dumbed down quests and guilds
>missing basic features that were in previous games
>fanboys say "Well, mods will fix it!"

>Fo4 releases
>slightly less buggier mess
>dumbed down quests and roleplaying
>missing basic features that were in previous games
>fanboys say "W-well mods will fix it, now even console players can get mods! Based Bethesda!"

>TESVI releases
>"We know that you guys love mods as much as we do, so we hired some of your FAVORITE modders to make DAY ONE mods for this game. Also modding tools release with the game!"
>even buggier mess
>emptier world with less to do
>barely any big quests
>missing features
>fanboys say: "Based Bethesda, now we can immediately fix our game!"

>Fo5 releases
>"At this point it's obvious that we all LOVE MODS. We here at Bethesda think that you should be abled to play the game exactly as you like it! So we asked modders to go crazy on our game! You are the creators!"
>it's just an empty world
>one (main) questline with 5 quests
>20 NPCs (including enemy types)
>fanboys say "Based Bethesda, now we can play the game exactly like we want to! We just make our own game!"

discuss
>>
>>320714079
Thanks Todd.
>>
It's ok 4me.
>>
>>320714079
So you're just buttblasted your toaster can't run Fallout4?
>>
File: 1384723380905.jpg (208 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1384723380905.jpg
208 KB, 1280x720
>shitters flocking to most popular rpg to shitpost it
>>
>>320714079
>Fallout 4
>empty world

Invalidated your whole post. Better luck next time dreamboy.
>>
File: f9FW2.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
f9FW2.gif
2 MB, 240x180
@OP
>>
Skyrim's world was more alive than Oblivion though. Not a single person will tell you Oblivion's open world was better than Skyrim, Oblivion's advantage was in the guild quest.

And you have more of an effect on the world in Fallout 4 than 3, not as much as New Vegas but New Vegas is almost entirely reused assets.

You didn't even play these games did you?
>>
File: 1450346447721.jpg (128 KB, 1500x1093) Image search: [Google]
1450346447721.jpg
128 KB, 1500x1093
>implying skyrim and fallout 4 aren't GOAT rpgs

stick with your snore vegas and old as fuck games that no one cares about
>>
>>320717735
get cancer, oblivion was way better than shitrim
>>
>>320717735
The settlement building and the nuke don't count.
The nuke has been done before in Fo3 and settlement building is just a poorly implemented feature for the minecraft audience
>>
>>320717831
stop the bait
>>
>>320717502
>rpg
>>
By vanilla comparison:

Oblvion was great.
Fallout 3 was alright okay.
Skyrim was boring.
New Vegas was great.
Fallout 4 is great.

Having hundreds of hours in Skyrim or just praising it while bashing anything else Bethesda you're just being a hypocrite. Skyrim was the blandest game they ever done.
>>
So it's secondlife with better graphics? I guess that works.
>>
File: N O I C E.png (105 KB, 343x423) Image search: [Google]
N O I C E.png
105 KB, 343x423
n o i c e

I hope it all happens, as you say
>>
>>320714079
>fallout 4
Did you even play the game?
>raider factions notice if other factions are destroyed
>this makes the surviving factions bigger and stronger
>most points of interest have their own story.
>areas in between fast travel locations are rarely bare.

Play the game obsidishit and come back with better bait.

tho a lot of the missing basic mechanism make the game annoyingly dull
>>
File: 95e.jpg (11 KB, 288x266) Image search: [Google]
95e.jpg
11 KB, 288x266
>>320714079
>Bethesda launches a Gamebryo "Gmod" packed with easy to develop tools but that reward programmers and artists who can already make things for games

I'd like it, but "roleplaying" never was Bethesda's main thing, they are pretty good at creating some characters (actually, FO4 is filled with them) and Fallout 4's gameplay was top notch.

My 2 cents is leave Fallout to Obsidian and make TES influenced by the fans favorite things in Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim in the world and RPG elements AND MAKE A NEW GAMEPLAY SYSTEM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
>>
>>320714079
>"Also modding tools release with the game!"
You mean like Morrowind?
Also
"W-well mods will fix it, now even console players can get mods! Based Bethesda!"
I would be very surprise to see this feature release in a non-gimped way. I know they promised that they would exert very low level of control on console mods and that "anything will be possible", but quite frankly, they already said that for Skyrim and it turns out that they weren't any mods at all.

I'm pretty sure Fo4 console mods will just be a bunch of selected mods
>>
>>320717836
>get cancer, oblivion was way better than shitrim
Damn you're dumb. Oblivion was better in some aspect, but definitely worse in many. For instance, nearly every gameplay subsystem is terrible :
>Alchemy is awful
>Speech minigame is retarded
>Welkynd / Varla stone are more a chore than a good idea, and so on.

Jebus christ, even the eveling lists are worse than Skyrim's, and that's something. Guilds quest writing was better than skyrim, but progression is retarded. "Ho, hey ! Become the great master of every guild within 2 hours and without any skills. Become Archmage without knowing a single spell!"

Any way, that guy was only speaking about the world, and he was right : Skyrim as a province is better designed than the abomination they sold us as Cyrodiil. Oblivion's design is super bland generic medieval fantasy with tons of bloom put on shiny minotaurs, gobelins and licorn. Its fucking miles away of every description of Cyrodiil made before. It's full of copy pasted dungeon that make no sense at all it feels like everything was made by procedural generation without further testing and there's no variety. Plus, the fact that that Imperial Legion becomes mediaval knight instead of Roman-like alone is sufficient to shit on the game
>>
>>320719045
I beat the game and it's pretty fucking empty and you have very little effect on the whole. The Raider factions noticing you offing other ones is as simplistic as marking a flag when you kill the a specific named NPC, hardly impressive and something you wouldn't even notice unless you checked damn near every terminal. A lot of the "stories" are half-baked or just barely even there. The game is exceedingly shallow.
>>
>>320718179
>Oblvion was great.
>Skyrim was the blandest game they ever done.
Was Oblivion you first TES, or something? It's litteraly Bland design : The game. Blander than Oblivion is strictly impossible, that would be like going lower than -0 K
>>
>>320721215
I know where you're coming from with that argument. But it still had redeeming factors like the faction/guild systems and the quests. Skyrim had none of that, it was flat on all accounts.
>>
>>320720593
>they already said that for Skyrim
lies
>>
>>320721215
gotta say that skyrim's character system was worse than oblivion's
>>
>>320714079
>Fo5
>it's just an online shopfront for player-created mods
>>
>>320723751
Oblivion might have seem more complex, but in reality its a hot mess. The leveling system for instance is complete nonsense and can cause a player who wants to level in alchemey/illusion or other non-combat system to have to restart the game. Hell it can even happen by accident thanks to the fact that just walking around causes you to level up.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.