[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got this as a present.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (22 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22 KB, 512x288
What am i in for?

Im a fan of the borderlands franchise but i heard this game is crap. Does it have any reedeming aspects that i might find it enjoyable?
>>
disappointment.
>>
I've been playing since beta. Lots of fun with a good group of active players. When the content runs out it gets boring and repetitive.

I've heard Destiny described as a gambling simulator and that seems accurate. People that would like Halo but don't have an XBox One play Destiny. Top notch gunplay but second rate PVP.
>>
It's better than Borderlands, the combat is actually fun and weapons (especially the exotics) are all interesting and unique.
>>
I play 360. Actually just got done with a bunch of Sparrow races, which are the most fun I've had playing it in a long time.

It's mediocre. What it does it does well enough to make you want to keep coming back, but never so much that you're finished. It's carefully crafted to always have you on grind, and is a very terrible example of what is literally artificial difficulty.

If you got it as a gift, then you'll have fun with it, at least for a while. But all of the really cool shit, like the Vault of Glass raid and the Prison of Elders arena, has all been made useless by Year 2 bullshit.

Be ready for lagswitching and cheating in crucible, and for an overall bland experience in PvE.

Especially when you compare what Destiny IS now to what it was PROMISED to be, and the concepts. 50 man instanced WARS were promised.

I hope you're shilling this, DeeJ, because you're an ugly fucking hipster and your game is shit and I hate you I hate you so much you fucking smelly beaner.
>>
>>320706831
Its like "accounting the fps" enjoy!
>>
Bought: destiny
Was expecting: destiny
What I got: tiny
>>
>>320706831
>>320706831
Just dive in, don't fucking ask /v/. I've been having nothing but fun, I get on with friends at least every other day.

Worst thing I can say about it is that I would have felt much less satisfied if I hadn't jumped into Year 2 with Taken King; the starting content was pretty fucking meager, but the complete edition is a big fucking game that I'll be playing for a while.

It just triggers the SHIT out of /v/, I think because it isn't on PC. But, like I said, just play it.
>>
>>320706831

Extremely good gameplay with lots of variety and tight controls
Micro-transactions galore with poor decisions and lie after lie after lie with a drony fanbase in a game with gigantic potential that never came to fruition
Stress, hate, bile and lots and lots of frustration. The game is built solely around addiction. There will be a time where you just can't stop playing it but you'll hate every minute of it without even knowing why you're still playing until you finally have enough and quit it with a very sour taste in your mouth.

This game has absolutely the worst management I've ever seen. Bungie is a shit tier developer without a single moral fiber in their body. Bunch of hienas who care only about money and nerfing nice things into the ground because they simply don't know how to balance game.

Avoid this thing at all costs. I've played it a lot and I wish I hadn't. Once addiciton sets in you're done for and you're gonna lose a lot of time with a game that is simply not worth it.

Also, they already said the game is basically done and there will be no new impactful addiction anymore. From now on it's just gonna be some minor events so they can keep milking the micro-transactions cashcow dry. They also promised it was just gonna be cosmetic shit but they are already starting to implement p2w shit.

And don't even fucking bother if you don't have friends to play with if you make the mistake of trying it out.
>>
And this guy >>320709374 is lying. The Taken King is the exact same shit as vanilla and your progression goes the exact same way, except they trivialized the shit out of exotics and doubled the grind. The raid is also plain out garbage because it's a bunch of shitty puzzles instead of an actual fight.

TTK is NOT an expansion. It doesn't expand anything. What it actually does is REPLACE everything from year 1 by making year 1's content entirely useless. They invalidated TWO raids and the Prison of Elders for the sake a shitty grindy as fuck raid. They also overthrow you with a bunch of quests so you feel like you're actually doing a lot of shit but you'll soon realize they are most entirely useless because legendary marks have practically no usage outside of infusion and one, maybe two weapons at best mostly for pvp. And you'll be drowning in them and hitting the cap constantly. Also, factions are still entirely useless and have no depth whatsoever to them. In the end, you're gonna do the exact same progression route you did if you had played year 1:

>beat story
>grind strikes until you reach an abitrary light level so you are elligible for nightfall and raids
>do nightfall, which is more useless than ever
>do the raid so you can get more light so you can do the raid so you can get more light

The thing is fucking pointless and you'll be repeating the same missions/killing the exact same things over and over and over and over and over again.

Trials of Osiris is good for a while and a better alternative to strike grinding, but you need runes to run it and its usefulness quickly

And in order to pad out the zero content this game has, you'll find yourself facing a plethora of arbitrary timed obstacles cockblocking your progress as well as the need to login in certain days if you want X item, just like those smartphone games do to make you addicted.

The game will become a chore before you even know it.
>>
>>320711028
>Trials of Osiris

I dun goofd, meant to say Court of Oryx.

ToO is a pvp event.
>>
>>320711028
Yeah I'm so lying, I haven't actually been having any fun at all. Thank you for correcting me, I guess I just imagined all the fun I've been having hopping on Crucible after work every day.

I just wait for Exotics to come to me, you'd have to be some kind of autistic retard with a "gotta catch em all" mentality for the game to turn into a chore. It's pretty goddamned casual, and I mean that in a good way.

Plus, OP got it for fucking free, and you're trying to dissuade him from playing a free game...sometimes I think this board just doesn't like vidya.
>>
it's like halo but worse
>>
>>320711235
You're lying because you're trying to spin down the sheer fucking bullshit that TTK is any different than year 1 was when it just replaced a fuckton of content with fewer AND worse content.

And I don't care if he's gotten it for free, he's asking us if it's worth it and I'm telling him it's not. He can do whatever with it.
>>
File: Destiny_20140921184246.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_20140921184246.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>320711235
People actually enjoy Crucible? I figured they'd do their bounties and be done with it. There's no server browser to speak of so you just queue up and hope there aren't too many BRs on the opposite team.
>>
>>320711334
>free
>not worth it

aka

>I don't like it
>I don't want to risk someone else liking it

Of course OP is a retard to begin with for even asking /v/. But if you want to be a bitter cuck, by all means. Honestly I'd get into it for Crucible alone, I've been playing a shitton more of that than anything else lately just because I love the feel of the combat and every little thing about it is satisfying, from animation to sound. It just feels like a much more polished Halo Reach with classes and shit, and better thought out powers.

>>320711461
It's fun bruh. I don't feel the need to nitpick through a list of servers, I just want into a match ASAP whether I get reamed or dominate. Rumble is probably my favorite, then Clash with friends. I haven't gotten into the Objective modes yet.
>>
If you don't have an Xbone, it's the best console multiplayer shooter you've got right now.
If you do, you should have just spent your money on Halo 5.
>>
>>320711650
>Look, someone handled me this turd for free, should I eat it?
>YES! It was for free after all!

This is you.

>Honestly I'd get into it for Crucible alone

Yeah, because this here is a top tier experience >>320711461

Gotta love p2p pvp.

You're just excited because you're a newfag who's still in the delusional stage when you actually believe the game is good, until you start seeing the unsurmountable mountain of garbage. Don't worry, we've all been there. You will soon enough.
>>
>>320711776
Its the vanilla version for the ps4.
>>
>>320711461
Im br so it might not be that bad
>>
>>320711781
Nigger it's a free fucking game. I like how people are encouraged to slog through massive Steam backlogs full of indie garbage because people who "love videogames" should play everything they can to learn more about the medium, blah blah blah, but when it comes to a non-PC game that's even a little popular, you break out the shit analogies instantly.

I've been playing for several weeks and pretty much all /v/'s criticisms have turned out to be horse shit, as per usual. I've been playing console baby shooters for a solid decade now, this one is every bit as fun as the best of them. I can't really think of one I'd rather have fill that role atm. Even when Crucible goes bad, it's still fucking fun. I've yet to see these horrible, game breaking network issues outside of one or two rounds where someone got kicked for fucking everything up with their shitternet.

>>320711954
It's fine, see for yourself. Worst case scenario, you sank some hours into a free game. I'd get at least one character to 40 and snag an exotic before finalizing your decision. Also IDK how much longer Sparrow Racing is going to stick around so do that.
>>
>>320706831
Gunplay and soundtrack are amazing, but other than that it's an RNG grindfest that severely lacks content
>>
OMG THATS THE BEST FKN GAEM EVR!!!!1!1!!1!! ONLY GAEM WICH IS BETTR IS BLACK OPS 3!!1!!!1!!1!!! DESTINY IS GOTY ASIDE FROM BLACK OPS 3 AND PS4 IS BEST CONSOLE EVR MADE

Hit dat fkn like button if u up
>>
>>320706831
Did you get The Taken King? If not you got screwed out of most of the content.
>>
>>320712275
Dank post, bro.
>>
File: 1450470610234.gif (400 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1450470610234.gif
400 KB, 200x150
The gameplay is actually fucking superb. Movement, gunplay, its got the OG Bungie feel.

Its the content that shits the bed. TTK helped a bit, but it just stagnates after a while. Its certainly no D3 where content patches that DRASTICALLY change the game are released regularly.

Sparrow racing is baller as fuck though. That and FAST Racing Neo are scratching my F-Zero/Wipeout itch.
>>
>>320712123
wow, holly shit the update file is huge, what in the fuck?
>>
>>320712275
Black Ops 3 is actually a great game, at least in terms of the amount of content you get.
>>
>>320715281
Its actually redownloading the ENTIRE game.
Stupid, I know.
>>
>>320715413
fuck that, im going to play borderlands and ill let it downloading while i sleep
>>
basically warframe a year ago
>>
For some reason I thought they would adjust how the Sparrows handle for that racing league shit. What an awful mode.
>>
>>320706831
Why don't you just start it you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1437048564689.jpg (177 KB, 1152x648) Image search: [Google]
1437048564689.jpg
177 KB, 1152x648
>>320706831
Why does that space marine need a poncho along with his space suit?
>>
>>320706831
halo reach with even clunkier movement and ads
rpg elements
it's boring
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.