[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not seeing why people are so mad about Corrin getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
I'm not seeing why people are so mad about Corrin getting in Smash.
Is it because hes from FE?

Or just because he has a sword which he doesnt even use that much?

What is it?
>>
>>320703739
>I'm not seeing why people are so mad about Corrin getting in Smash.

You know damn well why people are upset.
>>
>>320703739

Corrin would be fine if we had wonder red instead of Lucina (she can be an alt)
>>
Sakurai said that he is only gonna add "fan service" characters
Corrin is literally just advertainment for new game.
>>
Because he is from FE. Many franchises feel lacking in representation of their series due to having a low number of characters, yet FE now has the same number of people as Pokemon, a series with over 700+ characters, which is already seen as too represented and oversaturated, and Mario, which is only justified cause Mario reps in a Mario game makes sense.

Imagine if, all of a sudden, Sakurai had revealed in a trailer Funky Kong, Cranky Kong, Dixie Kong, and Candy Kong were all going to become playable characters. Even actual FANS of DKC would look at that and say "I don't mind Dixie OR Cranky. Or maybe even K. Rool. But SIX MONKEYS?! Why?"

I actually like Corrin a bit as a character, but yes, I also would have been fine with another DKC rep instead, or another Metroid rep instead. Or another F-Zero rep. You know, for a series that has only one or two characters to it's name? People were pissed when Pokemon went up to six, and when Kid Icarus went up to three. It makes sense to be a little salty that FE gets another slot when it seemed already full as it is.
>>
>>320704054
Fates would have probably already released by then.
>>
>Being forced to pay for advertisement
>>
File: btfo.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320703739
I'LL FUCKING TELL YOU WHY EVERYONE'S MAD, WE'RE MAD BECAUSE ITS FUCKING ROBBERY

WE WERE PROMISED VINDICATION, WE WERE PROMISED GANGPLANK GALLEON, WE WERE PROMISED ACKNOWLEDGEMENT TO THE CLASSICS AND SALVATION FROM THE NEW SUPER DONKEY KONG K ROOL-LESS HORSESHIT

INSTEAD WE GET FOOT FETISH MARTH?!?!?!?!?!?!? ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>320704054
He said that in a Japanese magazine so it's meant for Japanese fans of the game. And by the game I mean Fire Emblem.
>>
>stop liking what i dont like!
>>
File: 1450486949453-1.jpg (24 KB, 319x164) Image search: [Google]
1450486949453-1.jpg
24 KB, 319x164
Theres no problem, everyone just bitches about their character not getting in
>>
>>320703739
no one voted for him, space wasted for another FE character
>>
>>320703739
We need more comfy pics like this.
>>
>>320703739

It's because he's from FE. This wouldn't even be a problem if he wasn't the fifth.
>>
>>320703739
Because they hate feet.
>>
He's literally an ad for a new game that's not even out yet.

That's Playstation All Stars tiet
>>
>>320704064
>>320705160
>>320705680
>>320703901
So then you should be mad at roy, who is a half clone who still probably took a full character dev time an is actually a sword user.
>>
>>320710098
So was roy in melee
>>
>>320710195
>>320710256

What makes you think I don't hate Roy too?
>>
File: pac_man_by_mintenndo-d85060z.png (1 MB, 1549x1577) Image search: [Google]
pac_man_by_mintenndo-d85060z.png
1 MB, 1549x1577
>>320703739
I was pissed but now I'm over it. I'll just disrespect any corrin main with this nigga
>>
>>320710098
He'll be out when Fates is already released.
>>
>>320710195

I am mad at Roy but at the same time I liked him in Melee.
>>
>>320703739
Because he's an FE character with a sword instead of a hugeass crocodile or a brown girl that appears in more indie game crossovers than her own series.
But it's okay when Roy did it, don't ever suggest removing Roy ever or Smashfags will unload hell upon you.
>>
>>320705160
Why do people think Cloud and Corn are ballot characters? Sakurai only mentioned the ballot when talking about Bayonetta.
>>
>>320703739
It's exactly because of muh representation. And they're not wrong. I honestly don't think people would care as much if this was Smash 5 and there were other series getting representation. But the fact that this is Smash 4's last update and it's ANOTHER Fire Emblem character over any other character.
>>
>>320703921
I'd be cool with this.

Honestly Corrin himself should've been replaced with Wonder Red.
>>
People shouldn't have asked for Roy back.
I mean when Sakurai already put 4 FE characters in the game and people still offered to suck his dick for another one.
Well you got what you wanted, because Sakurai went the extra mile and gave you two.
>>
>>320704064
>a series with over 700+ characters

Like FE?
>>
BIG BROTHER TURNED INTO BIG SISTER
>>
>>320712149
EVEN
>>
This is what you get for wanting Roy back, you dumbasses.
>>
>>320704064
There are also much better, non gray-haired FE characters in existence. To be honest F-Zero is a dead series and Samus is all there really is in Metroid... the Etrian series is big right now, maybe there could have been a representative like the Dancer class or Gunner or or anyone relatively chibi-styled but also unique in moveset. Smash just doesn't feel as "gamey" when everyone has a sword. As much as I hated Olimar he was the right kind of addition.

Why didn't they just give us THE PATH OF NOHR or Tharja? Or a Splatoon representative...
>>
>>320704413
you weren't promised anything faggot. Plus K.Rool was BTFO long before Cloud was even announced

> b..but there are Fox and Link Mii Outfit too!
fanserv and easy money, unlike making a whole character almost nobody outside of a few sites care about
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.