[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video games one of the only hobbies with little to no social-climbing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: CTK8KL9UYAEMePz.jpg (62 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
CTK8KL9UYAEMePz.jpg
62 KB, 599x337
Are video games one of the only hobbies with little to no social-climbing value?

If you like good movies or music you can get a leg up with certain tastemakers in your friend-group, but I feel like my elite taste in video games is useless. Most of my friends don't even ask for recommendations when I have hundreds of games in my steam library (and decent enough variety).
>>
>>320702698

The problem with video games is that they are never more than a passtime.

They aren't creative, skill-building, instructive, etc. -they just pass time.

They can be entertaining ways of passing time, but when compared to other passtimes they fall short even as entertainment.
>>
>>320703463
I reluctantly agree with this.
>>
>>320703463

You'd think there'd be a market for stuff like that.
>>
>>320703463
Someone never owned Rollercoaster Tycoon.
>>
>>320703463
Yeah that's true man. i just wish more people care about this shit besides the autists on /v/
>>
>>320703463
I disagree
I'm a writer at a small production company and I credit vidya with developing my imagination as a kid and keeping it growing through adulthood.
>>
Your problem is that you are a steam cuck, nobody gives a shit about your neckbeard box. Get a real video games collection and people will ask you for recommendations. People interested in vidya do it all the time, just yesterday I lend my copy of Deadly Premonition PS3 to a friend.
>>
>>320705132
>steam cuck

Except steam caters to literally all types of gamers, casual and beyond. My friends have steam but they're usually just playing the standard steam fodder like left 4 dead and team fortress
>>
>>320705132
>purposefully playing inferior versions of games just so people ask for recommendations
Fucking stupid.
>>
It's the same thing than with movies and music really.

The people who invest themselves in the medium are a minority compared to the ones who just buy whatever game gets a 9/10 from IGN or has 15 posts on r/gaming.
>>
>>320702698

>good movies
>good music
>music
>movies
>good

Top KEK
>>
>>320705369
That's the problem, 99% of steamfags only ever play assfaggots and CS nowadays. They are infamous for their horrible taste when it comes to vidya also who do you think is going to be impressed by your 105 shitty games in your steam library? Face it, nobody takes PC gaming seriously.

Post your most played games and prove me wrong. No cropping of assfaggots. Or even better, post your profile let's see those games you played. I know I would never trust a steam only faggot with vidya recomendations.
>>
>>320703463
neither are movies or music
>>
File: 1450175043664.jpg (29 KB, 457x381) Image search: [Google]
1450175043664.jpg
29 KB, 457x381
>>320705480
"Inferior version" is just a stupid meme only you and autists like you care about. There's a good reason why people don't ask you for games. They want to play good games, not hear about how you are superior with your shitty 750 that struggles and stutters in Just Cause 3.

Also there are plenty of other reasons for playing on consoles. The only real advantage of a gaming PC is the possibility to play with bigger numbers if your wallet allows it, which I don't care enough for. Sorry I like good games.
>>
>>320702698
I think so, and it kinda sucks honestly. Ideally there should be NOTHING wrong with admitting that you like video games outside of normalfag stuff, but no one ever really cares and it typically makes you just look like a geek.

>>320703463
As opposed to shit like reality tv, which normalfags watch all the time?

>>320704787
Oh shit nigga, what kind of production company? I agree with vidya fostering imagination in young people too.
>>
It's just not sexy..

you can't play a game in an erotic fashion. video games bring out bad posture, and repetitive motions, and scrunched faces, etc.

but think about a girl with a cigarette in her hand watching a classic movie. or just being drugged out your mind listening to music. that shit has aesthetic appeal. video games are slogs and are meant for people into high escapism.
>>
File: 1448231134795.png (120 KB, 1108x610) Image search: [Google]
1448231134795.png
120 KB, 1108x610
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.