[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ps4 piracy NEVER EVER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: fgsdfgsdfg.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fgsdfgsdfg.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>devs can implement always online drm if a custom firmwire ever happens

>modern games already require latest firmwire

>firmwire updates LITERALLY PHYICALLY alter the ps4 mobo thru destroying e-fuses

Modern consoles ended piracy thru a cocktail of anti-piracy solutions

If u wanted piracy you should OF baught a potato masher pc and hook it to pc and play using a wireless 360 pad
>>
okay
>>
Gotta admit, this is a pretty decent attempt at acting like an underage retard.

'Course there is always that chance you might not be acting, but still. Impressive.
>>
>>320700447
>should OF
made me laugh
>>
>devs can implement always online drm

sony wins again :^)
>>
>>320700447
>PHYICALLY alter the ps4 mobo thru destroying e-fuses

Now you're just pulling shit out of your arse.
>>
>>320700447
>should OF baught

Just kill yourself
>>
>tfw my brother managed to find a way to bypass all this but the PS4 had a concealed gun and killed him
>the PS4 melted afterward to hide evidence
no one even believes me
>>
>>320700851
mobos are just printed citcuit. yes with a fuckin printer

even a titan gfx card is just a printed chipboard most of it
>>
File: pentaget.png (142 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
pentaget.png
142 KB, 320x240
>>320700938
How much ink does it use?
>>
>Same thread AGAIN
Kill yourself OP
>>
File: console-vs-pc-gaming.jpg (12 KB, 296x170) Image search: [Google]
console-vs-pc-gaming.jpg
12 KB, 296x170
>>320701296
i just want you guys to not get your hopes up. you'll keep paying 70 euros a game UNTIL Jesus has his second coming
>>
>>320700447
>>320700938
Same retard.
>>
>>320700447
>firmwire updates LITERALLY PHYICALLY alter the ps4 mobo thru destroying e-fuses

Okay hang on what???

This is heaps interesting, can someone explain this to me like I'm a babby?
>>
>>320702365
its nothing that special they just increase the voltage on that specific line to burn down the circuit
>>
>>320702365
basically thin wires forming part of the motherboard are short circuited. thus closing paths that could be used by dirty pirates' modchips/CFW
>>
Is there really a reason to pirate the PS4?
What would you do without online?
>>
>>320703942

it has 1 game tho
>>
>>320700447
>devs can implement always online drm
No, there would be Xbone-levels of backlash

Why would Sony care? The PS2 sold so well and it was one of the most, if not the most pirated console, up there with the DS. And yet from selling so well (even to people who only pirated games) it installed the Sony image in many countries.

I live in WE WUZ KINGS and everyone here calls any console a "playstation". PS and console have been a synonym ever since the PS2 era.

Many of those pirates grew up to be massive sony fanboys and that's why the PS4 has a 90% near-monopoly in a few EU countries.

With so much shit revolving arond online Sony doesn't need to worry about it anyway. All the edgy teen pirates will want to play CoD/FIFA online some day and actually get the real thing.
>>
>>320705824
>No, there would be Xbone-levels of backlash

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

People are sheep. They flocked over to ps4 because of the xbone fiasco, but if sony stealthily and slowly implement such features, they'll get away with it. Please remind yourself that there's people, even around here, that defend ps4 requiring PS+ for peer-to-peer online play.

In fact, it's already monitored:

https://www.rt.com/news/323873-playstation-chat-terror-threat/
>>
File: 1449673665965.jpg (100 KB, 1234x815) Image search: [Google]
1449673665965.jpg
100 KB, 1234x815
>>320700447
What.
>>
File: sony-half-rotated.gif (2 KB, 450x90) Image search: [Google]
sony-half-rotated.gif
2 KB, 450x90
>>320702547

I don't doubt that this is possible, but why are those e-fuses present in the first place if they're just going to be permanently disabled in future updates? Surely destroying them must have consequences aside from just impeding potential pirates.
>>
>>320706223

Don't forget that the PSVR requires the Playstation Camera so the NSA can spy on you all the time

Thank god Summer Lesson got confirmed for PC VR's
>>
>sonycucks think it won't ever be cracked

top kek
>>
>>320700920
sony wins again kek
>>
>>320700920
I fucking laughed mate
>>
>>320700447
>devs can implement always online drm if a custom firmwire ever happens
>modern games already require latest firmwire

What is EMUnand?
>>
File: 1323319694512.jpg (12 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1323319694512.jpg
12 KB, 250x250
Let me guess, /v/, the idiots you are, fell for another attention whore hacker's big breakthrough in cracking the PS4, & then makes another announcement that he'll stop because hacker moral reason or Publisher paid him a visit.

When will you learn the homebrew scene is full attention whores that'll say anything for a few minutes of attention?
>>
>>320700447
Who needs ps4 piracy when all sony games come on PC too?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.