[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last time I asked I got 1 reply, and it was to go fuck myself.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: larian.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1708) Image search: [Google]
larian.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1708
Last time I asked I got 1 reply, and it was to go fuck myself. Lets see if I can do better today.

Used to be the case /v/ agreed on Blizzard and Bioware as "our people" and "the good guys" in vidya dev. This definitely isnt true nowadays, and I thought I'd ask who your favorite developers are. Tried making a poll, but I cant possibly list all without forgetting some, so I'll do free form instead.
Try listing five developers. Here is my top 5, in no particular order:

>Larian Studios
Above average delivery every time, good support, nice community.
>Klei Entertainment
Reliably interesting games, great art style, also participated in Darkest Dungeons, another game I loved this year.
>Croteam
Loved their new IP, basically a better Portal game, and the little indie challenge they did, allowing everybody to make a game using their Serious Sam IP.
>Warhorse Studios
Havent even released a game yet, but I count them a continuation of the old Bohemia Interactive, and I like their way of marketing by engaging the project leads in discussion on youtube, twitter and forums, as well as the periodic video updates they do. Also showed up on Battle of the Nations, sell branded beer and so on, overall seem like a merry crew. I hope their game succeeds.
>FromSoftware and Platinum Studios
I'll let these share a position, since I love their design and games, but I hate everything else about them.

So yeah, tell me who the good guys in vidya are according to you, who you like and who you hate, and why.
>>
Goddammit, I will return again, I swear it.
>>
>writes an encyclopedia for an OP
>nobody reads it
>"waaah nobody read my 20 page long OP"

"Brevity is the soul of wit" - Rene Descartes

inb4 Alicesoft
>>
>>320701997
>15 lines
>half of them are cut short

Surely the OP doesnt have to be LOL every time.
>>
>>320700414
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>320700414

>Larian vote you faggots
>Vanillaware
>Platinum
That's all I got.
>>
File: Capture.png (12 KB, 327x279) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12 KB, 327x279
>>320704657
Forgot image.
>>
File: 1428957592872.jpg (48 KB, 504x491) Image search: [Google]
1428957592872.jpg
48 KB, 504x491
>>320700414
>Last time I asked I got 1 reply, and it was to go fuck myself.
>>
>>320700414
You want me to express and defend opinions on six arbitrary devs that you chose?

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>320700414
OP, go fuck yourself
>>
Im probubly going to get shit but whatever.
Gearbox (as long as its their ip)
Hanako games (i own too much of their games not to put them here)
Bethesda (i know exactly what im getting)
Naughty dog (ive played many of their ips, and none of them were disappointing. Never played uncharted though, it never interested me.)
Honerable mentions to complete the list
are
From software (i trust them, i havent played any of their games to completion though so i cant honestly say they are one of my favorite without that asterex)
>>
Soon as I read that his only reply was to go fuck himself, I knew this would happen. You make me proud sometimes /v/. Not all the time mind you, but you did good today.
>>
devs i like
>all of the ones i like

devs i hate
>all of your favorite devs, even if they overlap with mine
>>
File: 1397380905268.jpg (445 KB, 655x900) Image search: [Google]
1397380905268.jpg
445 KB, 655x900
Gotta love Klei.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.