[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya Journalism Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 1 h3ppDrHSMqMDWWOsM7QVWg.png (274 KB, 800x251) Image search: [Google]
1 h3ppDrHSMqMDWWOsM7QVWg.png
274 KB, 800x251
What is your favorite video games journalism website /v/?

I'll start. Mine is Kotaku. Based Kotaku delivers the best, reliable game reviews.
>>
Gametrailers
>>
Polygon

Btw have you guys heard of this amazing game called Gone Home?
>>
It's annoying how you can't complain about vidya journalism anymore without being lumped into social justice sides. Even before all this feminism in video games stuff started, the journalism is video games was still shit, and it's harder to mention those issues now.
>>
>>320697286
This senpai
>>
>>320697418
Honestly? who doesn't?
Gone Home is a master class on how to tell a personal, affecting story in a video game.

Framed as a mystery, and requiring the player to care about its characters' personal lives, Gone Home takes some big risks in a medium that famously struggles with this kind of nuanced story. It succeeds, thanks to superb writing and a smart, story-driven approach to architecture and level design.
>>
>>320697216
Mine too, OP.

Playing Dark Souls right now with my Apple Trackpad.
>>
>>320697419
And they love that. It's an easy way of deflecting any criticism - if you don't like their work it's obviously because of how you feel about some unrelated issues.
>>
>>320697623
Dark souls is a sexist piece of shit game
>>
File: contradict.jpg (39 KB, 417x279) Image search: [Google]
contradict.jpg
39 KB, 417x279
>video game
>journalism
>>
>>320697668

Genuine or not that's so overplayed it's not funny.
>>
>>320697216

reddit.com/r/gaming is my go to
>>
File: 1426020272130.jpg (83 KB, 780x653) Image search: [Google]
1426020272130.jpg
83 KB, 780x653
>>320697419
>We won't be able to have threads if another incident like DmC:DmC happen again

What a fucking shame.
>>
Thread is autosaging
>>
My favorite place is /v/. I just come here, you all tell me your wrong opinions, and I know not to listen to you

Hasn't failed yet.
>>
File: anon walks into a house party.webm (1 MB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
anon walks into a house party.webm
1 MB, 1280x528
Some background info for OP's picture:

>originally attributed to "Polygon Staff" and it bitched about gaming and the gaming community, all while shilling for a book about how awful video games are
>the article let slip some first-person pronouns that led to speculation that it was written by the author of the book in disguise
>a few hours later, Polygon silently changes "Polygon Staff" to the book author's name

so basically
>Polygon was perfectly fine with letting an author trash video games and promote their own book while pretending that these were the opinions of Polygon's staff

Polygon, everyone. Polygon.
>>
>>320698184

B-but Gaemergade won anon ;:^)
>>
File: not a hot bahabihat at all.jpg (9 KB, 191x152) Image search: [Google]
not a hot bahabihat at all.jpg
9 KB, 191x152
>tfw almost every game I've got on steam will have shitass clickbait articles plastered over 80% of the screen
>no actual news related to those games, just "How Dogmeat in Fallout 4 Made Me Realize I Was Gay" and other classics
Fuck you, I'm not switching to grid or tile view, I like my list.
>>
>>320698312
>b-but gaemergade is very bad, just let those poor journalists do what they want and enjoy :^)
>>
File: Capture2015-12-19-09_21_11.jpg (172 KB, 692x970) Image search: [Google]
Capture2015-12-19-09_21_11.jpg
172 KB, 692x970
>>320697216
Jim Sterlings. He likes them loli asses.
>>
>>320699474
>put regular ass on little girl
>call it loli ass
no.
>>
>>320699654
Yeh but they're still children.
>>
Stop it guys, criticizing game journalism is misogyny.
>>
>>320699474
How was this news? Just goes to show that Jim was shit no matter what year it was.
>>
>>320700126
I know but at least he didn't shame lewd content back then.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.