[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's up.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 36
File: king of v.png (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
king of v.png
164 KB, 900x900
It's up.
>>
>>320694996
>It's up.
what?
>>
Oh shit this isn't another lying nigger thread?
>>
Friendly reminder to report this thread.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umjdNlQ6Ik8

Oh shit Matt does have a new video. Too bad its about a shit old indie game.
>>
I doesn't advertise
>>
>>320694996
my dick also up in ur mums vag matt
>>
>>320695215
What the fuck?
Matt's losing his grip on reality.
>>
I love you, Matthewmatosis
>>
>>320694996
>>320695282
how long does he talk about RAM and culling in this one?
>>
>>320695385
In the first 7 minutes he explains why screen burn is actually caused by a lack of niggers on your screen.
>>
>>320694996
>pretentious tone
>for some reason
>for no reason
pointing out pretty obvious things and often missing the point

So why do fags like this guy again?
>>
>>320695125
OP's latest shilling thread
>>
File: 1407361021294.png (34 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1407361021294.png
34 KB, 640x400
>>320695860
I just find myself agreeing with most of the things he says which is satisfying.
He's also one of the few people to call out Skyward Sword for the pile of shit it is.
>>
>In and of itself
>>
>ultimately....
:^)
>>
File: jfmsu.png (303 KB, 850x479) Image search: [Google]
jfmsu.png
303 KB, 850x479
guys pretend like i said something funny
>>
File: 6hutd4.jpg (29 KB, 283x357) Image search: [Google]
6hutd4.jpg
29 KB, 283x357
>>320696146
Because almost everything he "analyses" is blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain. And since you're too ignorant to understand any of the numerous things he's utterly wrong about, you just go "yea that sounds legit" because he sounds smart saying it
>>
>this is the turd in a series of foive reviews
>>
>>320696912
lol
>>
>>320695215
Looks like a Fez ripoff.
>>
File: 1449637262145.jpg (43 KB, 337x404) Image search: [Google]
1449637262145.jpg
43 KB, 337x404
>>320697056
>the numerous things he's utterly wrong about
Like what anon?
Is it just the things you disagree with?
>>
>>320697056
is the accent
>>
>>320695282
Dark Souls sucks
>>
>>320697146
>if yeou've never wotched dese videos before, den i recommend starting wit my Mario 64 video instead
>>
>>320697273
no you
>>
Recommending Undertale when
>>
>>320697249
No, complaints that are weak, unsubstantiated, or baseless. Most of which serve to undermine his already flimsy arguments

>Like what
Complaining about the beam attack from the spider in Dark Souls II; it reeks of him getting killed by it and going "woooowwww that's going in my critique". What exactly is his complaint with it? The nature of the attack? He admits that it's an incredibly simple attack to dodge, so that can't be it. Is it the animation?

>No one reasonably expects a giant spider to shoot a large, incredibly damaging laser
What does someone "reasonably expect" a giant spider to do? If it was a beam of poison, would that be fine? What about a string of webs?

He then immediately references Demon Souls which did the EXACT SAME THING, but alleges that it's fine because the level design prepares you to have a giant fireball spat at you by a spider. The problem here is that, for one, the game doesn't actually prepare you for this attack at all. Regardless, his point here isn't clear; should a Souls game prepare you for EVERY attack a boss does? Is nothing supposed to surprise, frighten, or otherwise intimidate the player?

It's a weak "complaint" that doesn't even fulfill the bare minimum for being a legitimate criticism. His reviews are FULL of obnoxious, limp points that don't carry any weight.
>>
File: 1395893545181.jpg (57 KB, 1002x767) Image search: [Google]
1395893545181.jpg
57 KB, 1002x767
>had this game as a kid
>been trying to remember its name for literal years
Thanks Matt
>>
>>320697747
Wasn't his first complaint about Dark Souls 2 about how the game forces you to play as a male for the first 5 seconds, even though it's quite obvious that they were lazily attempting to make the character's gender and appearance unknown?
He could of criticized them for laziness and unnecessary filler, but instead whined about muh soggy knees.
>>
>>320697747
>What exactly is his complaint with it? The nature of the attack? He admits that it's an incredibly simple attack to dodge, so that can't be it. Is it the animation?

>What does someone "reasonably expect" a giant spider to do? If it was a beam of poison, would that be fine? What about a string of webs?

I'm quite confused here. At first you're wondering why he complains about the laser, then you point out why, and you're doing mental gymnastics to try to avoid his actual complaint.

>His reviews are FULL of obnoxious

Like? I mean why even bring up the word "full," or post at all if we're not going to talk about them.
>>
>>320695215
Wish he would do the metroid series.
>>
>>320697747
Not him, but the Armored Spider attack does give you preparation for the attack by giving you a solid 10 seconds to see the projectile at the end of the tunnel and get out of the way. On top of that, it's a fire attack from a metal enemy in a stage filled with firey and metal enemies.

Freja's attack does not give you any time to prepare because the animation for it is too ambiguous and the projectile is instant, giving you no time to see it coming if you don't know what is happening.
>>
>>320698104
I thought that was a laziness complaint and a complaint for people who wanted to roleplay as a woman despite the intro pointing towards being a man
>>
/v/ started hating this guy once they found out he has had a long time gf
>>
>>320697747
He likes to be thorough. I respect that because I have mild autism as well.

I can tell the DS2 critique really pissed you off btw.
DS > BB > DeS >>>> DS2

>>320698104
>but instead whined about muh soggy knees.
You've been brainwashed by /pol/ m80.
That particular complaint had nothing to do with women or misogyny.
>>
>>320698354

Nah it was the DSII critique. They fellated his Bioshock: Infinite critique.
>>
>>320698406
>>320698330
It was an obvious argument about laziness. It would be the same as forcing a hairstyle on your character before you actually get to create your character.
>>
>>320698354
OP here. Does he really have a gf?
If you can prove it then I'll unsub his channel, stream my suicide and then blame him in the note.
>>
>>320698330
But how does it prevent you from roleplaying as a woman?
He makes the assumption that the female figures in the intro cutscene are supposed to be your wife and child, while the reality is, there's no fucking explanation as to who they are, meaning they could be literally anyone you want them to be.
It's fine to think the mini tutorial before the hut was lazy/unnecessary, but saying it hurts your role-playing experience is silly.
>>
>>320696146
>He's also one of the few people to call out Skyward Sword for the pile of shit it is.

But he seemed to like Skyward Sword, he just pointed out exactly why it's the worst 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>320698474
Why do so many people on /v/ defend ds2?
Are they all underage or what?
>>
>>320698545
But it does hurt your role-playing experience and IT'S POINTLESS.

You clearly lack the required autism to understand these things.
Leave /v/ now.
>>
>>320698592
>Why do so many people on /v/ defend ds2?

You'd think people in this thread would, considering that in the end, Matthew LIKES DS2. He just thinks it's a bad sequel.
>>
>>320698261
Seeing an analysis of Super Metroid would make me very happy.
>>
Matt , Nocturne review , when ???
>>
File: Bobby_300.png (32 KB, 242x300) Image search: [Google]
Bobby_300.png
32 KB, 242x300
this is now a bobby's world thread
>>
>>320698545
>But how does it prevent you from roleplaying as a woman?

He doesn't actually say this.

>but saying it hurts your role-playing experience is silly.

While I agree, it's such a stupid thing considering DeS and DaS did NOT have this at all.

>>320698592

No clue man. Things like multiple healing items, poor level design, etc. Good game bad sequel etc.

>>320698704

To be honest I don't think he'll touch Super Metroid considering that 50 page essay on it.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/HugoBille/20120114/90903/The_Invisible_Hand_of_Super_Metroid.php
>>
>>320698263
>it's a fire attack from a metal enemy in a stage filled with firey and metal enemies.
How is this at all relevant?

>the animation for it is too ambiguous
It is one of the longest animations for any attack in the game. Any player who has two brain cells to rub together would know to get away from the head and body, because that is the most likely place for an attack to come from. From any sort of vantage point you can easily analyze the nature of the attack and how to avoid it; it's a completely ridiculous complaint.

>At first you're wondering why he complains about the laser, then you point out why, and you're doing mental gymnastics to try to avoid his actual complaint
I posed a question to illustrate the nebulous nature of the complaint, then I hazarded my best guess for what his actual intent was. I didn't avoid anything. Also, learn how to read the explicit meaning in sentences and come up with a rebuttal instead of pretending like the opposing argument doesn't exist.

>I mean why even bring up the word "full," or post at all if we're not going to talk about them
Does posting/talking about translate to you evading every problem I point out?

>>320698406
>I can tell the DS2 critique really pissed you off btw.
Nothing about him pisses me off. I actually agree with a lot of his criticisms of Dark Souls II, but the review itself is poor and bogged down by too much nitpicking and too many baseless complaints.
>>
File: 1426891607626.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1426891607626.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>320698770
>>
>>320698104
>ven though it's quite obvious that they were lazily attempting to make the character's gender and appearance unknown?
All they had to do was either lock your menu or prevent removing your clothes until you get to chargen. Solving it would be pretty fucking easy.

But no, they did jack shit. It probably just went over their heads, like the lore (dragons have souls now, you guys!).
>>
>>320697249

Not him, but he didn't understand MGS2's narrative at all. Hilariously, someone in the comment section of that video explained what 2 was trying to do far better than he did, and far more accurately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AVbjd94vc&lc=z13kgjdbewz4f5q3523vdzkp2nyttzw0k
>>
>>320698503
She's in a couple videos. Also was in one of his streams.
>>
>>320698843
meant for
>>320698163
>>
File: 5675676576576.jpg (43 KB, 639x385) Image search: [Google]
5675676576576.jpg
43 KB, 639x385
>>320698698
I like it but I would never bother defending all it's flaws.
>>
>>320698883
Fuck, I forgot it embeds.

Well don't watch the embed, actually click the link for Linked Comment.
>>
>>320698592
Because it's a good game, and most people who shit on it as "a bad sequel" conveniently ignore all the problems that Dark Souls I had
>>
>>320698592
Because its the best souls game? Thats not even debatable dude, you literally just hate it because your man crush didnt like that he couldnt backstab everything and have 1v1 honurabru duels with every enemy.
>>
>>320695215
Why the fuck are the auto-generated English subtitles so accurate on this video?
>>
When's Shin Megami Tensei matt you FUCK
>>
File: killme.gif (497 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
killme.gif
497 KB, 500x282
>>320698887
I THOUGHT THAT WAS HIS SISTER

THAT FUCKING POTATO NIGGER SOLD HIS SOUL TO A 3D SUCCUBUS
>>
File: 1401621148098.jpg (106 KB, 905x683) Image search: [Google]
1401621148098.jpg
106 KB, 905x683
Why is Mattew so much fun to listen to?

He's so much better and well spoken and seems more knowledgeable than matpat or hyperbithero
>>
File: 1448079217853.png (201 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1448079217853.png
201 KB, 500x373
>>320699154
>matpat
Pls don't remind me that Game Theory is a thing.
>>
>>320699137
I agree.

>Good at vidya
>Gets to fuck Matthew every night

Mitosis is living the dream
>>
>>320698843
>How is this at all relevant?

In the faintest way possible, it serves as foreshadow. Of all the spiders in Brightstone Cove Tseldora, not ONE shoots out a tiny magic beam or something which would be ALL the foreshadowing needed to justify Freja's blast.

>then I hazarded my best guess for what his actual intent was

Which he explicitly states. Nobody expects spiders to shoot laser beams.

>Does posting/talking about translate to you evading every problem I point out?

The other guy already talked about fiery and metal enemies I didn't see a point.

>It is one of the longest animations for any attack in the game

Agreed, I've never actually been hit by the laser beam.

>it's a completely ridiculous complaint.

Ehh it is and it isn't. In his Dark Souls commentary he constantly references Demon's Souls as having the most internally consistent world. Certain items found in certain areas, the light on the character is cast by an item, etc. And as the Souls games go on they get less and less, culminating in the laser beam from DSII.

Put it this way: The laser beam made his autism flare at how not consistent it was compared to DeS.

>>320698990

How is it the best Souls game when it completely undoes any tension regarding bonfire placement, estus flasks; lacks a seamless world, and retreads the lore of the original game? I will say I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of more weapons and the ability to dual wield however.
>>
>>320698843
>How is this at all relevant?
If you went through 2-1, went through the fog wall and came up to a long ass tunnel with the boss at the other end and didn't expect to get shot at by fire, you're a fucking idiot

>It is one of the longest animations for any attack in the game. Any player who has two brain cells to rub together would know to get away from the head and body, because that is the most likely place for an attack to come from
>Turn around and run to the other side of the stage
>still get shot

> From any sort of vantage point you can easily analyze the nature of the attack and how to avoid it; it's a completely ridiculous complaint.
Uhh, no. It's a very common complaint people have with the boss because a giant spider rearing back very far does not logically translate into sweeping the stage with a great big beam. It's only slow and well telegraphed in retrospect because you know what it actually means - but first time fighting her it could look like a great big body slam, or a headbutt, or anything. It's stupid to be expecting a laser because it's a great big spider, not some old guy with a beard and staff or a library master.
>>
>>320698263
>Freja's attack does not give you any time to prepare
is this a fucking joke?
>giant spider reels up off the ground and raises her head in a three second long animation
>laser slowly sweeps from one side of the room to the other with an incredibly small hitbox

how is that "no time to prepare" you fucking idiot? everyone on /v/ just parrots what this dipshit says without actually thinking. anyone who died to that attack more than once is a fucking moron. it's one of the most telegraphed and easy to avoid attacks in souls history

>hurrrrr but it killed me once
okay, and?
>>
>>320699012
I wish I could speak properly
>>
>>320699357
>but first time fighting her it could look like a great big body slam, or a headbutt, or anything
So your argument is that you should be able to predict the exact nature of every single attack beforehand by looking at the animation. Sounds like a fun game

>If you went through 2-1, went through the fog wall and came up to a long ass tunnel with the boss at the other end and didn't expect to get shot at by fire, you're a fucking idiot
Well you can only say that in retrospect because you know what it actually means ;)
>>
File: 684_preview.png (3 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
684_preview.png
3 KB, 256x256
>>320699137
>tfw you'll never has a saucy Irish lass to curl up with at the end of the night
>>
>>320694996
Nobody cares. Its a dull fuckin youtuber.
>>
I think he sometimes makes some interesting points, though in hindsight whenever I think back on it, a lot of his criticisms in game design are actually really obvious, I just don't think about them because I care more about just playing the game.

That being said, how many people posted in watching that 6 hour Dark Souls video is probably one of the saddest things I've seen on /v/ in a long time. If I want to hear opinions about Dark Souls, I can talk to my friends about it. I don't need to listen to a clown speak about it for 6 hours. Even Plague knew to keep the average video only an hour long, and he acknowledged most people never actually WATCHED his videos as they did listen to them.
>>
>>320698263
>Freja's attack does not give you any time to prepare
I have to disagree as well. The problem wasn't that it was unfair. It just makes no sense
>>
Guys stop making fun of Matthew, I work real hard on those videos
>>
>>320699609
>If I want to hear opinions about Dark Souls, I can talk to my friends about it. I don't need to listen to a clown speak about it for 6 hours

That's a very nice anecdote but none of my friends play video games.
>>
>>320699380
>giant spider reels up off the ground and raises her head in a three second long animation
What makes you think that it's a fucking screen-wide laser? Why should you be preparing for a laser?

If you come in expecting some big slam attack, you move away and not around. If you move far away, the laser hits you.

>>320699548
>So your argument is that you should be able to predict the exact nature of every single attack beforehand by looking at the animation. Sounds like a fun game
Knowing the general gist of what something is about to do isn't the same as 'predicting the exact nature of every single attack'. If you see a boss raise a backhand, it's fair to expect a backhanded attack. If you see him raise a backhand only for him to instead shoot fucking lasers out of his mouth, that's stupid

>Well you can only say that in retrospect because you know what it actually means ;)
No, because in this case it's common sense. Nothing about Freja suddenly being able to shit lasers is predictable or makes any sense.

Fucking soulsfags, man
>>
>>320699353
>Which he explicitly states. Nobody expects spiders to shoot laser beams.
He also explicitly complains about it catching the player off guard, which would lead you to believe that he's complaining about the nature of the attack (which is perfectly fair and not the only example of this type of thing in ANY of the souls game) as well as the animation.

>culminating in the laser beam from DSII. The laser beam made his autism flare at how not consistent it was compared to DeS
It's hardly a culmination. Regardless, this is entirely my point. Why is so much time spent on something that barely qualifies as a complaint? If there's any validity to what he's saying, it's an INCREDIBLY minor issue that could have been entirely rectified by changing the "laser" to a jet of poison. That doesn't bear mentioning in a review at all
>>
>>320699860

Then find some that do, it isn't particularly hard.

Either way, it reinforces the "surrogate friend" concept people like to throw at those who watch LPers, even though I've always seen it as being more akin to watching a tv show.
>>
>>320699137
Maybe he is dating his sister?
>>
>>320700002
>Then find some that do, it isn't particularly hard.

Nah I'm cool. I just thought your anecdote was really stupid to use in this discussion.

>it as being more akin to watching a tv show.

I don't understand. Why can't the commentary be akin to watching a TV show?
>>
>>320698870
>But no, they did jack shit. It probably just went over their heads, like the lore (dragons have souls now, you guys!).

They literally never said that in Dark Souls 1 desu senpai. In fact, judging from the fact that the Iron Golem has a soul made out of dragon bone, there's no reason to believe that dragons can't have souls.
>>
>>320700101
>there's no reason to believe that dragons can't have souls.

Spotted the dragon.
>>
>>320695215
I remember someone on /v/ bringing this game up and I ended up watching a walkthrough of it for like 20 minutes straight for some reason.

Is it bad if I think the gameplay looks really good and clever but the art style looks drab as fuck?
>>
>>320700036
>Tfw no little brother to play Souls with
>>
>>320700081
>I don't understand. Why can't the commentary be akin to watching a TV show?

I wasn't, I was referring to the people posting in the thread when that video released, which is why I brought up that anecdote in the first place. They were the exact negative stereotype of watchers that people who hate LPers see, the 'surrogate friend" people. Which is why I said the thread was the saddest thing I had seen on /v/ in a long time, not the video itself.

As for the video, I eventually watched all of it in pieces, and I thought it was mostly a waste a time. Mainly because after reading the interviews with Miyazaki, it's easy to see that the fans cared about the lore and world far more than the creators did, who just wanted something to look cool and reference Berserk constantly
>>
>>320699929
>What makes you think that it's a fucking screen-wide laser? Why should you be preparing for a laser?
Nothing you fucking idiot, you should be preparing for an attack of somesort and get to a safe spot so you can see what happens. This is the essence of every boss in every fucking souls game and most ARPGs in general.

>If you move far away, the laser hits you
Only if you stay IN FRONT OF THE BOSS like a retard.

>No, because in this case it's common sense. Nothing about Freja suddenly being able to shit lasers
Spiders being able to breathe fire because they live in a mine makes sense? And a giant spider that possesses the soul of the CREATOR OF SOUL MAGIC being able to shoot a soul laser doesn't?

>If you see a boss raise a backhand, it's fair to expect a backhanded attack. If you see him raise a backhand only for him to instead shoot fucking lasers out of his mouth, that's stupid
You mean like an armored boss raising a backhand only to spin around and shoot black goop out of his arm? Or a boss jumping up in the air and crashing down, only to have lightning lasers shoot out of his ass? Or a gargoyle jumping up into the air, only to have a breath of fire shoot out of its mouth?

Who expects stone gargoyles to breathe fire right?
>>
>that DOTA 2 video

Yeah, he doesn't understand how MOBAs work.
>>
>>320700286
I'll be your ganking oniichan
>>
>>320699609
>If I want to hear opinions about Dark Souls, I can talk to my friends about it
Well some of us can't do that.
Fuck you also.
>>
>>320699230
I actually thought he was talking about two best friends
>>
>>320700002
>surrogate friend
Actually it's called a para-social relationship.
....SBH talked about it.
>>
>actually liking this redditor fag
>>
File: 1385463890962.jpg (448 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1385463890962.jpg
448 KB, 3840x2160
>>320700363
>Who expects stone gargoyles to breathe fire right?
>>
>>320700101
>there's no reason to believe that dragons can't have souls.
Kalameet pls go
>>
>>320700459
>Well some of us can't do that.

Why not? Don't your friends have opinions worth a damn?

>>320700390

Well yeah, he thinks the fog of war is bad when the whole point is that you DON'T know what the other team is doing and thus you can't be a retard and venture out on your own.
>>
>>320699929
>What makes you think that it's a fucking screen-wide laser?

Most video games often have a powerful attack after a long wind-up.

Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the material is as long as there's some sort of logic behind it. Bitching about spiders with lasers is extremely petty.
>>
>>320700298
>I wasn't, I was referring to the people posting in the thread when that video released, which is why I brought up that anecdote in the first place. They were the exact negative stereotype of watchers that people who hate LPers see, the 'surrogate friend" people. Which is why I said the thread was the saddest thing I had seen on /v/ in a long time, not the video itself.

I don't think it's anything new. I mean I wonder how many single mothers watched cooking shows in the 90s and had this surrogate friend concept, feel me? Most definitely the internet exacerbated the issue though.

>Mainly because after reading the interviews with Miyazaki, it's easy to see that the fans cared about the lore and world far more than the creators did

I'm not so sure considering just how much effort Miyazaki put into Demon's Souls and Dark Souls. But we'll agree to disagree here.

>and reference Berserk constantly

I think Artorias, the Red Eye Orb, and the Darksign are the only references in DaS.

>and I thought it was mostly a waste a time

I also agree. But a lot of people wanted it so he made it. Customer's always right and all that. Some things were interesting like likening the Humanity sprite with vaginas, but I feel like anyone who really wants to know about a thing will seek out information on their own. It's why I also feel Plague's commentary was weird, I don't even think I've finished it yet.
>>
>>320700363
I expect that the gargoyle decide to fly into the air because it is preparing for an attack, using its ability to fly as an advantage over you, who can't fly
>>
>e-celebs
>>>/Reddit/
>>
>>320695860
What's pretentious about his tone? If you want a pretentious tone watch vaatividya
>>
>>320700101
It's not a soul, it's a core
>>
File: tomoko.png (227 KB, 1195x669) Image search: [Google]
tomoko.png
227 KB, 1195x669
>>320700616
>Why not?
I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS YOU DENSE FUCKING FAGGOT PIECE OF FAG.
>>
>>320700459
Y-you wanna play DaS, Anon?
>>
>>320699929
>If you see him raise a backhand only for him to instead shoot fucking lasers out of his mouth, that's stupid
uh, why? what is the acceptable animation for "about to shoot a laser out of my mouth"? frejya literally stands upright and reels her head back. if you're standing near her head when she does this, you deserve to die.

the game literally telegraphs this so well that i can't believe people seriously had an issue with this. please tell me you're just parroting a youtuber and aren't actually this much of a shitter
>>
>>320700653
>I think Artorias, the Red Eye Orb, and the Darksign are the only references in DaS.

Oh you have no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-uuR9B1gjQ

and that video is missing some I noticed.
>>
File: 777756665.jpg (54 KB, 819x317) Image search: [Google]
777756665.jpg
54 KB, 819x317
>>320700762
I'm in Australia.
>>
>>320700713
>If you want a pretentious tone watch vaatividya

https://youtu.be/Jw1m2M8JdkU

What do you mean, Anon? His reviews are smart and educated
>>
>>320699929
This argument is retarded, for example how was I supposed to know booty demon 2.0 would suddenly have shockwaves?
>>
>>320700653
>Customer's always right and all that
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THAT. Anyone who's ever worked in retail, especially at the customer service desk, can tell you how bullshit that statement is.
>>
File: spinning dorito face.gif (546 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
spinning dorito face.gif
546 KB, 255x255
>>320700724

>Soul serving as the core of the Iron Golem, guardian of Sen's Fortress, and slayer of countless heroes seeking Anor Londo.

Literally looked it up before I posted that.
>>
>>320700734
cute
>>
>>320700691
Yes, and the logical expectation would be a sweeping or pouncing attack you retard
>>
>>320700982
be my bf then
>>
>>320695215
>Kula World
>Shit
Even if this is bait, i am mad.
>>
>>320700734

Not even online friends in chatrooms and stuff?
>>
>>320699929
>>320698263
>>320700986
Here's a video of the actual animation:
>https://youtu.be/6j0UGZcd_5A?t=1m33s

Go fuck yourselves you fucking autists. This is one of the most easily readable and telegraphed attacks in the entire game, and anyone who dies to it 100% absolutely deserves it. She is clearly attacking with her fucking head and the laser is so goddamn slow that the only way to die is if you're standing right in front of her face. Not to mention, on the animation front, she is the reincarnation of Seath who created sorceries and was probably the most powerful magic user in the Souls universe
>>
>>320700826
>not the field of swords at Artorias's grave
How the FUCK do you forget that one? It's one of the most obvious.
Also it feels like Miyazaki just wants to make a Berserk game but doesn't have the rights to. I mean the last game we got for it was on the PS2.
>>
>>320701049
Nobody.
>>
File: 1374471557028.jpg (179 KB, 1200x858) Image search: [Google]
1374471557028.jpg
179 KB, 1200x858
>>320701129
>people actually died to this attack and think it's cheap
Not surprising but it's quite telling about the average intelligence of the Souls fanbase
>>
>>320701129
Why are people arguing its fairness? It's about whether or not it makes sense for a spider to fire a proton cannon
>>
Seems like a cool game.
>>
>>320701395
It's shit. It's fucking shit.
>>
>>320701390

Not him, but no less sense for a spider to have a second head on its ass and be at a size that is impossible for its carapace to hold together without collapsing under its weight.
>>
File: StrawMan2.jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan2.jpg
91 KB, 600x450
>>320701390
Because he literally complains about the fairness of the attack in his review? Go watch the section again
>>
>>320701458
I disagree, it seems like a very compelling game that you could lose hours over just playing without realizing it.
>>
>>320701492
Oh ok sorry
>>
>>320701390
Maybe read his last line, fuckwitt
>>
>>320701390

I don't think you can bitch about what makes sense in a fantasy game. Does it make sense for humans to create magical fire with their hands?
>>
File: 67555555689gfh.jpg (103 KB, 500x556) Image search: [Google]
67555555689gfh.jpg
103 KB, 500x556
>>320701543
>>
>>320701492
He doesn't complain about its fairness, he complains that it makes no sense.
>>
>>320701632
I create magical white water with my dick.
Checkmate atheists
>>
>>320701649
I don't disagree with your image but you have failed to tell me why.
>>
File: 1411989888391.jpg (202 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
1411989888391.jpg
202 KB, 816x1356
>>320701731
Geez everyone get a load of this fagit
why dontcha giv it a rest fella
>>
>>320701632

People are wierd like that.

I know a lot of westerners that just hate mechs that aren't "tanks with legs" and see anything humanoid as weeaboo shit. Even though the tank with legs is just as implausible, sometimes even moreso.
>>
>>320701543
It's fantastic. It's just underage faggots who never played it. The further you get with it, the crazier it gets. Top tier puzzle game.
>>
>>320701847
Fuck off you gay weeaboo virgin faggot.
>>
>>320700831
Other Australians browse /v/, aside from shitposting threads?
not that guy btw
>>
>>320699137
I always miss the first part of their streams but as far as I know he has NEVER explained their relationship. He just calls her his assistant in the videos.
>>
>>320701896
>implying you have any room to talk

Yeah, and how many Dougram and Macross designs did FASA steal to create Battletech, which they got the shit sued out of them for?
>>
>>320701924
Every other Australian is a normalfag or a failed normalfag and the only game they ever play is CS:GO.
>>
>>320701970
Fuck off you gay weeaboo virgin faggette.
>>
>>320701654
No, he complains about it's fairness:

>Nobody reasonably expects a giant spider to shoot an enormous and incredibly damaging laser beam. It's simple to dodge once you know about it, but it can easily catch you offguard the first time because it's so nonsensical.

If he wasn't complaining about the nature of the attack, he wouldn't have brought up the large hitbox (which is actually quite small) or the large damage. And as other posters have said, it actually does make sense within the universe. Given his comparison to the Armor Spider, he clearly thinks the attack isn't fair because it isn't appropriately telegraphed. Which is nonsense.
>>
File: zaku.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
zaku.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
>>320702083

I know you're just trying to piss off weaboos, but to that I say

To piss off the weebos with... what? Shoddy illustrations? Lax production ethics? Expensive porches? Terrible, shapeless blob miniatures? A complete inability to reform or reinvent itself? The yeastiest, groggiest fandom of all mecha? The worst-handled gaming franchise on this side of Sonic the Hedgehog? Throngs of furry players?

C'mon. It's okay to like BattleTech. I play it avidly. But you really shouldn't assume any form of superiority with that track record. You can't afford to be arrogant.
>>
>>320701030
I would but I have a terrible trauma from a long distance relationship so I'm not really keen on it.
>>
>>320701980
>CS:GO
it's either that or Warframe/DOTA2/League
>>
Bunnyhop is better and more frequent.
>>
>>320702185
Fuck off you gay weeaboo virgin mech-loving penis butler.
>>
File: 675765675.jpg (25 KB, 476x476) Image search: [Google]
675765675.jpg
25 KB, 476x476
>>320702304
This.

Does anyone actually dislike George?
My only complaint is that his voice annoys me sometimes.
>>
>>320702342

Make me
>>
File: 129692464564.jpg (15 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
129692464564.jpg
15 KB, 320x287
How long till MGSV?
>>
>>320702127
He transitioned from talking about the game's fairness to briefly mention how nonsensical certain parts were. He starts off by saying burning a metal windmill makes no sense, then says a spider shooting a laser beam makes no sense. He said it was possible to get caught off guard to further prove how nonsensical it was.
>>
>>320702414
I enjoyed talking with you though.
You clearly have a good understanding of this topic.
>>
>>320702438
If you mean a finished version, never
It's all there is anon
>>
>>320702464
Are you illiterate? You're trying to pretend like the context of his argument supersedes the words he actually said. He explicitly complains about the nature of the attack
>>
>>320702536
no he doesn't. don't lie.
>>
>>320702394
My opinion of Weed Man lowered after learning that he hated LISA because it kept him from playing Undertale and he's a Huey sympathizer.
>>
>>320702394
I don't like him, he comes off as pretentious to me, his views on censorship are asinine and his humor isn't very funny
That being said, he actually has some decent points and he's actually got education in journalism which definitely shows
>>
>>320702438

Never, just like Bloodborne.

That being said, AGermanSpy said basically everything one needs to say about BB without being autistic.
>>
Guys I'm sorry I was wrong you're right stop fighting I don't want to fight anymore I'm sorry
>>
File: 1449968207904.png (271 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449968207904.png
271 KB, 512x384
>>320702642
>Weed Man hated LISA because it kept him from playing Undertale

Maybe you should re-watch the video.
>>
>>320702464

>getting caught off guard by a move with a massive wind-up
Sounds like Matt has a bad case of the git guds. It's only normal for Souls drones to think the game is cheating them when they get beat down for acting like they know the game perfectly.
>>
>>320702758
It's not the video, it's in a SBFriendcast he was in. He literally does not have one good thing to say about LISA in it and groans when others praise it.
>>
>>320702680
>his views on censorship are asinine

Curious, what are they? I want to know how they stack up to mine
>>
>>320698832
>Refers to the player as 'she'

Ok why
>>
>>320697195
>Looks like a Fez ripoff.

There's so much wrong with this statement. I don't even.
>>
File: tip.jpg (27 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
27 KB, 600x750
>>320702850
>>320702642
>le undertale is shit maymay
I'm still enjoying this meme.
>>
>>320702536
After he was done discussing the windmill he says, "but the point is none of it makes any sense." Literally right after that sentence, he transitions to say. "No body reasonably expects a giant spider to shoot an enormous and incredibly damaging laser beam." Which he then ends that part concluding that nobody would expect it because "it's so nonsensical."

He was complaining that Freja's attack made no sense.
>>
>>320702936
Phil just wants people to talk about his game again.
>>
File: 1412399733297.jpg (52 KB, 505x388) Image search: [Google]
1412399733297.jpg
52 KB, 505x388
>>320703048
Yea good job, just completely ignore the fucking middle of the argument where he complains about the attack itself. Also let's completely ignore the comparison to the armor spider where he mentions how much more FAIR the attack is
>>
>>320702990
Didn't say it was shit bro. Weed Man just complains that he didn't like the very minor backtracking and non-linear hub design of LISA because it kept him from getting to another game he actually wanted to play (Undertale) that much longer, which is a pretty shit reason to shit on a game.
>>
File: tips.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tips.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
>>320703147
I agree senpai. But nobody's perfect.
>>
>>320703238
>nobody's perfect
Undertale is
>>
File: 1449953189148.gif (707 KB, 480x595) Image search: [Google]
1449953189148.gif
707 KB, 480x595
>>320702394
he liked gone home and was on the game journo pros list so people call him a sjw sometimes but i dunno
>>
>>320703476
I don't care that he enjoys gone home. He's allowed to have shit taste sometimes.
He also seemed pretty sympathetic towards GG so I wouldn't brand him as an SJW.
>>
>>320703145
He's right, though, Anon
>>
>>320703145
He brought up the fact it can catch a player off guard because it made NO SENSE. He provides an example from DeS showing the boss actually made sense considering it lives in a fire based level and then mentioned that it managed to be fair while doing so.
>>
>>320703546
>He's allowed to have shit taste sometimes.
Couldn't agree more. I disagree with SBH and MM on MGR but I still like them. It would be scary if I agreed with literally everything they said
>>
>>320702394
>Does anyone actually dislike George?
he's like the best 'games journalist' I have ever seen, although that's also saying something about the sorry state of games journalism
>>
>>320703757
>he's like the best 'games journalist' I have ever seen

I would argue some of the editors at Dengeki Bunko are better, but their work is hardly read because Famitsu completely dominates the industry over there.
>>
>>320704125
>but their work is hardly read
Nigger that's because I don't have no time to be readin articles.
I need to shitpost on /v/ at least 7 hours a day or I'll fall behind.
>>
>>320704202

Plus odds are you can't read them anyway, as they're in Japanese.
>>
>>320704246
I read the english subtitles in anime though.
>>
>>320701847
That has nothing to do with practically. Walking battle tanks are simply cooler than gundam style mechs which are too sleek and too powerful.
>>
>>320704341

Yeah but can you read for example, this

ある程度ストーリークエストを進めないと起きないイベントはあるものの、ゲーム序盤から自由にミラ全土を歩きまわることができるのです。
前作『ゼノブレイド』はストーリーの目的地が指定されて「そこまではどう進もうが自由ですよ」というスタイルでしたが、今作は「ストーリークエストをたまにやってくれれば、あとは好きにやっていいよ」といわんばかりの自由度の高さになっています。

It's taken from the recent review of Xenoblade Chronicles X

>>320704407
>Cooler

You are objectively wrong

>too powerful

Why shouldn't the hero's machine be among the most powerful?

Before you ask why pic related has a big ragged cloak on one side, it's because it lost an arm at the end of the season and the repairs were a rush job.
>>
File: fsdfddfd.jpg (72 KB, 790x590) Image search: [Google]
fsdfddfd.jpg
72 KB, 790x590
>>320704545
Why does that look so cool though?
>>
>>320704580

Because mechs that are all beaten up and damaged give a sense that the machine, while powerful, is not invincible. Even in-universe it's acknowledged that the repair job is incredibly shoddy, with the end of GN Sword being broken off, the face having exposed parts, and various pieces of armor plating missing. The cloak is purely to hide that Exia has been far more fucked up than you think.
>>
>>320704695
Which Gundam should I watch first?
>>
>>320704695
And I forgot to add the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npuw2ftJfd0

it's in such shambles, it barely adds any attack

>>320704738

Well if it's UC (Universal Century(, you start from the beginning with Mobile Suit Gundam. If it's AU (alternate universe), you can start anywhere because they're mostly unconnected.
>>
>>320704738
He's clearly a 00 pleb so he'll steer you in the wrong direction. You basically have to watch the original series, everything else calls back to it in one way or another and it's the foundation for the biggest and best "universe" in the franchise, Universal Century.
>>
File: Shining.Gundam.full.610558.jpg (557 KB, 1500x1069) Image search: [Google]
Shining.Gundam.full.610558.jpg
557 KB, 1500x1069
>>320704871
>He's clearly a 00 pleb

Fuck off with that assumption, my favorite is G. I was the guy who uploaded all of the G-Files for /m/.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (102 KB, 701x747) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
102 KB, 701x747
>>320704819
>>320704871
>>320704931
I...I don't.......wut?
>>
>>320704981
>He hasn't seen G-Savior
>>
>>320695215
Holy shit I remember playing that all the time but forgot the name
>>
Kula Word was on every fucking PS1 demo disc there was.

That shit was legit.
>>
>>320705072
>even mentioning G-Saviour

Stream that Gundam if you're so great
>>
>>320704981
You want "Mobile Suit Gundam." Although that looks like it could be the first of the movie compilations and not the series. Movies are fine if you really feel you must rocket through the original series, but I wouldn't do that unless there's something else you're dying to watch.
>>
File: 15595113_p0.jpg (397 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
15595113_p0.jpg
397 KB, 1000x1500
>>320704981
>compilation movies
>watching 0083 before zeta
>No turn a or greco
Stop being bad at gundam
>>
>>320705289
No that's half of the list that came up when i searched.
>>
>>320698104
Except what you wish what he said is exactly what he said.

He never said anything about "soggy knees".
>>
File: m guide.jpg (2 MB, 2800x3000) Image search: [Google]
m guide.jpg
2 MB, 2800x3000
>>320704981
Why has no one posted this yet?
>>
Kula World is fucking great. Really nice to see that Matt did a video on it.
>>
>>320705516
I'm glad my e-celeb thread ended this way.

Why are we at 200 replies though? I was just hoping a couple of idiots would take the bait and then mods would kill it.
>>
File: 82gOfXBm3_w.jpg (32 KB, 700x469) Image search: [Google]
82gOfXBm3_w.jpg
32 KB, 700x469
>DS2 babies still butthurt
>>
Underrated Developers - Gust Co. Ltd. please
>>
>>320695215
I used to play this a lot as a kid. Memories...
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.