[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was wrong with the dreamcast controller?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: dc.jpg (2 MB, 3100x2400) Image search: [Google]
dc.jpg
2 MB, 3100x2400
What was wrong with the dreamcast controller?
>>
>>320689351

Not much. My only gripe was that the cord was on the bottom. Kind of made it annoying to have it pulling down a bit. I know they had to make a space for the memory card (well they didn't, they could have just put it on the console) but they could have found a way to put the cord on the top of the controller.
>>
>>320689351
Cord at the bottom, only one analogue stick, the stick didn't have enough resistance. Other than that, it's pretty good.
>>
>>320689351
40% of the real estate wasted on a shitty tamogatchi level gimmick nobody cared about.
>>
>>320690875
VMU is rad as hell, get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>320689351
If it weren't for the kinda-loose analog stick, it would be my favorite controller.
>>
>>320689351
Always thought it was too big and pretty shoddy. The face buttons constantly used to stick on mine, and the stick was made out of some hard plastic material.
>>
File: 1400969826412.png (117 KB, 648x648) Image search: [Google]
1400969826412.png
117 KB, 648x648
that fucking shitty Dpad, everything else was ok
I hate playing some fighting games because they only use the Dpad
>>
only four face buttons

I need a controller with SIX face buttons
>>
File: 111 (32).gif (3 MB, 453x373) Image search: [Google]
111 (32).gif
3 MB, 453x373
>Those bumps on the analog stick

My thumb had blisters after playing Sonic and Soul Calibur.
>>
File: dreamcast-arcade-stick-2kda.jpg (23 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
dreamcast-arcade-stick-2kda.jpg
23 KB, 500x356
>>320691653
Sounds like you need one of these bad boys.
>>
>>320691774
yeah, I'm looking for one of these, it's just hard to get one in my country
>>
>>320689351
My favorite controller. The only flaw was the cord issue that has already been mentioned.
>>
>>320689993
>>320690604
The stupidest thing about the cord is that it "clipped" in where you would expect it to come out of the controller.

It's like they knew they fucked up, and tried to fix it at the last second.
>>
>>320691838
Where are you from, Anon? There's a few reasonably priced ones on eBay, or is shipping tax crazy on your end?
>>
>>320692015
I'm from México, the problem is that right now US dollars are getting too expensive
>>
As someone who actually used it, and isn't just basing their opinion on pictures, this controller sucked!

The only good things were the triggers and VMU. It was too wide and back too bulky, the buttons felt cheap, the stick was too small, d pad was mushy, you had to shift your whole hand to reach the start button, no rumble support, the cords on the goddamn bottom. Amazingly unergonomic. What the fuck was sega thinking?
>>
>>320689351
The analogue stick has almost no padding on it, so it's easy to slip off of.
The D-Pad is 100% genuine garbage.
The buttons feel cheap.
Chord is in a bad place.
The shape doesn't really fit well in your hands.

Literally the only thing I like about the DC controller is it's triggers, which have a tight, responsive feeling to them.
>>
File: Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg (2 MB, 2840x2400) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg
2 MB, 2840x2400
>>320692870
The Duke was worse.
>>
>>320689351

I didn't mind it for certain games, but definitely threw it to the side in favor of ASCII pads or the green goblin when fighters were played.

That d-pad was atrocious, though.
>>
>>320692983
At least its analogue sticks were better, but it is amazing that they somehow managed to come up with a worse d-pad.
>>
>>320692870
>>320692983

Terrible opinions. Go to bed manlets.
>>
>>320689351
Nothing outside of the cord being on the bottom. Shitting on the Dreamcast controller is a meme. Hardly any of the complaints are actually legitimate.
>>
>>320693528
When was the last time you used one?
I was just playing Shenmue on my Dreamcast last week and the d-pad makes the fucking QTEs difficult because it is so small and unless you press it right on the edge you might accidentally register a diagonal input.
Try playing a fighting game on the Dreamcast controller and see how goddamn awful it is for any sort of complex input.
It's amazing how Sega went from one of the very best pads for 2D gaming to one of the worst.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.