[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so this is out soon and I was wondering if someone could clear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9
so this is out soon and I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me about the Legend of Heroes series as a while.

How do the games relate to one another? Is it like Suikoden where all the games are set in the same world but tell different stories in different parts of it?

Because there's kind of a lot of them from what it looks like
>>
anyone?
>>
File: Trails in the Sky.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Trails in the Sky.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Is it like Suikoden where all the games are set in the same world but tell different stories in different parts of it?

Yeah that. VI-VIII at least, with Cold Steel being VIII.

VI (Trails in the Sky FC, SC, and 3rd) takes place in Liberl, VII (Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki) takes place in Crossbell, VIII (Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2) takes place in Erebonia, IX will supposedly take place in Calvard.

There's an evil organization behind the scenes with their claws in all of these countries, and the games are about different groups of people fighting them in different countries. Some characters cross over between the countries to make cameos and have subplots that span over multiple games, but the localization team, Xseed, claims that the sets of games can be played in any order.

If you can check out Trails in the Sky FC and SC before you check out Cold Steel, it would probably be better, but Trails 3rd, Ao, and Zero were skipped over because Falcom wanted Xseed to skip straight to VIII, apparently.
>>
>>320688161
This drawing makes no sense. Why are Estelle and Joshua in their FC clothes if Renne doesn't even show up until SC?
>>
>>320688161
>but the localization team, Xseed, claims that the sets of games can be played in any order.

AH okay, that was my big concern. Ive had Sky on steam since it came out but haven't really had time to sit down with it yet but I was hoping to start in Cold Steel just cuz I think it looks cool.
>>
File: Trails Happy End.jpg (74 KB, 760x640) Image search: [Google]
Trails Happy End.jpg
74 KB, 760x640
>>320688370

I thought the same thing.

I imagine the artist just really liked Renne.
>>
File: 1423782634313.gif (307 KB, 400x281) Image search: [Google]
1423782634313.gif
307 KB, 400x281
why wont xseed release it on PC?
I dont like playing long RPG's on handhelds and i barely play my vita.
trails in the sky on PC was pretty good, I liked it a lot
>>
>>320688689
>why wont xseed release it on PC?

Just a guess, but a PC build probably doesn't exist.

>I dont like playing long RPG's on handhelds and i barely play my vita.

Get a PS3 or a PSTV.
>>
>>320688689
There's no PC version of the game

XSEED publishes games, they don't make them. So they don't have any input in the programming of the games. The PC games they have published already existed, they don't port anything, and they could make adjustments themselves because they have a localization programmer for PC games, but not for console games.

There's no PC version of this game
>>
>>320688689

They've always said they didn't have the capability to port games on their own, but after just announcing like 4 PC ports in the last few months, maybe that stance has changed.

I may be skipping it myself for the time being since the length of SC kind of burnt me out on the series for a bit and I'm not too thrilled about playing through the game on a platform I don't like, or without Japanese audio. If it comes to PC I'm buying it day one.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (87 KB, 1300x861) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
87 KB, 1300x861
Is the Legend of Heroes' Gagharv trilogy (Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch, A Tear in Vermillion and Song of the Ocean) worth a bother?
>>
>>320688539

I personally recommend you to play Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky SC first to get a better grasp of the world building and situation, though you can still play cold steel I head-on.
>>
>>320689171

They're not really on the same calibur as Trails in the Sky and the succeeding gamsa. The localized version by Bamco are all butchered too, in terms of plot and combat.

There's a reason Falcom made it big ever since Trails in the Sky, that game really shook Japan's JRPG scene since nobody ever expected it to have multiple parts
>>
>>320689470

didn't the first one sell crazy well on steam
>>
>>320689659

That's Trails in the Sky First Chapter aka Legend of Heroes VI. That's the game that made Falcom big. The Gagharv Trilogy is Legend of Heroes III to V
>>
File: kiseki-time-relation02.jpg (320 KB, 1424x692) Image search: [Google]
kiseki-time-relation02.jpg
320 KB, 1424x692
>>320687202
It's different settings and characters in each arc. There's three arcs. Cold Steel the trailhog (Sen) is the third arc. However, they all have the same underlying plot threads running through them.
>>
File: slxjpl.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
slxjpl.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
>>320688541
Everyone really likes Renne.
>>
>>320690808

so looks like they skipped Zero then? Any word on that getting a ENglish release
>>
>>320691450
Yeah they skipped it, and Sen spoils a lot of the major plot points of it. Also you'll be a bit confused in the second game of th Erebonia arc if you don't play The 3rd. The 3rd, Zero and Ao will probably never be localized.
>>
File: Renne backstory.png (361 KB, 520x388) Image search: [Google]
Renne backstory.png
361 KB, 520x388
>>320690986

Especially old men.

The cutest and the loosest and the best.
>>
>>320691552
>The 3rd, Zero and Ao will probably never be localized.

well that's a bummer
>>
>>320691674
Yep. Best thing to do is just play the first two games and then if you like them and really want to know more about the world just play the Cold Steel games and then accept that you'll never play the rest or learn Japanese.
>>
>>320691768

Ive made peace with that long ago for a multitude of reasons
>>
File: CTkcuseWcAIvfOP.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CTkcuseWcAIvfOP.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
>>320691569
I'll give you cutest and best.
>>
So which version every playing anyways
>>
>>320694079

Trails in the Sky, Trails in the Sky SC in Steam

Trails in Cold Steel for PS3 and Vita coming this Tuesday
>>
>>320694142

..yes I am aware of what game is on what platform.

I was curious if people where playing PS3 or Vita
>>
>>320694198

For Cold Steel? I'll be playing Vita because I like JRPGs on handhelds
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.