[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do I pick? Steam Controller or Xbox Controller (360,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: steam_vs_xbox.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
steam_vs_xbox.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
Which one do I pick?

Steam Controller or Xbox Controller (360, One or Elite)
>>
>>320685450
>emulators
ds3
>everything else
xbone controller
>>
>>320685450
get the elite if you have the money
>>
steam controllers not very good for most games. it was made to make traditionally "mouse and keyboard" games playable. so, think RTS games or games like that.

i'd get either an xbox 360 controller or an Xbox elite controller. you can get a wired 360 controller for really cheap but if you want a really fancy controller then you should shell out the $100+ dollars for the elite controller.
>>
>>320685450
PS4
>>
File: 1397466458434.jpg (15 KB, 193x194) Image search: [Google]
1397466458434.jpg
15 KB, 193x194
>>320685790
>>
>>320685450
ds3 and ds4.

>ecksbacks
>stemcuntroller

don't.
>>
>cheap option
DS4

>expensive option
Xbone Elite

>i want to spend over an hour tweaking every little facet of how the controls work on a per-game basis
Still don't get the Steam controller
>>
>>320685939
ds3 was a shit tier controller and it basically has no support for pc. to use it you have to use on pc you need shitty 3rd party software.
>>
Cheap bullshit wired 360 controller for games you would just rather play on a pad,

If you're going to try to play counterstrike on a controller it wont matter what you choose. You're going to need to unhinge your jaw to fit all the dick people are going to jam down your throat.
>>
>>320686205
>>i want to spend over an hour tweaking every little facet of how the controls work on a per-game basis
>Still don't get the Steam controller

??
Use presets then? The draw is that you CAN tweak everything. You know how nice it is to be able to adjust how far a trigger is depressed to activate?

Hell you can adjust the fucking deadzone for your sticks
>>
OP here.

I don't care about prices, I want the best experience on my games, on FPS and MOBA's I use a mouse and keyboard, traditional fighting games I use a arcade stick.

I need a controller that works on open world games, hack and slash and 2D side scrollers.
>>
xbox elite controller is fucking awesome but it's a bit pricey. just get the regular xbone controller if you want a good controller that will always work but not having to pay 150 dollars.
>>
>>320686205
>cheap option
50-70 bucks.

You can pick up a wired 360 for 10 bucks used from gamestop. Plug and play.

Anyone saying DS3 fuck you. Getting that driver software to work perfectly is like pulling teeth. I have to have the controller plugged in before I boot the comp or it never picks it up.
>>
>>320686616
>I don't care about prices, I want the best experience on my games
Xbox Elite
>>
>>320686616
The only difference between a $150 elite controller and a $25 rock candy controller in that case is that the elite has a bunch of assholes who will try to justify their purchase to you.
>>
>People actually shilling DS3 and DS4
Sonyggers please go and take your fucked up hands with you

Cheap? 360
Expensive? Bone/Bone Elite

Anything else is literal garbage.
>>
>>320686804
So Xbox Elite doesn't have any special features, it just look like a nice piece of shit?

>>320686708
Is the D-Pad good for retro style games or 2D games? I want something that feels like a Nintendo D-Pad.
>>
>>320686695
>Anyone saying DS3 fuck you.

Seconded. All the software is sketchy as fuck adware bullshit from China. Spend the couple bucks to get the plug-and-play functionality, skip the shit.
>>
>>320686986
It's made for console peasants who are forced to use their shitty controllers to play FPS games.

You have access to based MKB for that, you don't need it.
>>
>>320687095
Ok, so I'll get the 360 controller
>>
>>320686986
Dpad is great but you can put it a new one if you want. elite is customization.
>>
>>320687313
Spent $150 just for a fucking retro D-Pad?
I'll get a USB NES controller for my PC
>>
>>320686986
Tbh DS3 is better for 2D but seriously the software is garbage. For every minute of a game I have played with mine, I have messed with controller settings and getting it to actually work.
>>
>>320686695
360 d-pad is still a fucking atrocity.
>>
>>320685450
For Counter Strike?

Mouse and Keyboard, implying there's another option for a PC FPS is lunacy.
>>
>>320687587
I know that controllers are shit for FPS games, it just that I didn't find an image that shows a Steam controller and an xbox controller side by side.
>>
>>320685450
The fact that we all want a new/better option doesn't change the fact that the 360 controller is still the best out there.
>>
>>320685450
Get a DualShock 4 or a Wii U pro pad.
>>
DS3/4 is best for sidescrollers or old-school console RPGs
360 controller for everything else you might want to use a controller for
The One controller is shit compared to 360 to be honest family
>>
File: 1438791611396.png (55 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
1438791611396.png
55 KB, 344x345
Xbox 360 gamepad for windows
its what I have been using for over 2 years now when playing any racing games or rpgs
I have dropped it too many times and it still works
>>
>>320686989
There are drivers that are super easy to set up and make it emulate a 360 controller called SP3. Google it. Works perfectly. Even does wireless if you have a bluetooth dongle
>>
>>320685450
A One controller and spend the money you saved from the elite on a steam controller

Some games really benefit from mouse-like input, some games really benefit from huge face buttons
>>
File: WP_20151216_07_00_00_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151216_07_00_00_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
get an xbox 360 controller

dirt cheap, just werks, looks good
>>
>>320685450
steam controller imo unless you're mainly looking to emulate consoles, in which case the native controller + adapter would be best.
>>
Just go with a Xbox controller and wait for Valve to release a new version of the Steam controller. I've been using it for the past few weeks, and it has a lot of nifty features, but the ergonomics are fucking horrible. The thumpad things are too close to your hand so you have to arch your thumbs, but the face buttons are too far away so you have to reach out and stretch your thumbs again.

The fucking shoulder pads too, holy shit, it's like they intentionally designed them to be uncomfortable and awkward to press. It's not the end of the world but it just gets grating pretty fast and I don't think the benefits are worth it yet.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.