[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could Bethesda pull off a Fallout Australia?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: Mad-Max.jpg (115 KB, 864x556) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max.jpg
115 KB, 864x556
Could Bethesda pull off a Fallout Australia?
>>
That would be just Australia though.
>>
No, Bethesda is literally only capable of East Coast Urban Fallout, they have made this very clear.

We need to go somewhere fresh next, this shit's getting old
>>
It would be interesting to see kangaroos on the same level of deathclaws
>>
Kenshiro >>>>>>>>>>>>> Mad Max >>>>>>>>>> Poo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vault Dwellers
>>
>>320683094
Mad Max was just a documentary, dude.
>>
File: 180px-Dark_Link.png (35 KB, 180x286) Image search: [Google]
180px-Dark_Link.png
35 KB, 180x286
Why would they start pulling anything off now?
>>
File: kaiju.jpg (92 KB, 1200x598) Image search: [Google]
kaiju.jpg
92 KB, 1200x598
>Australian wildlife
>FEV
>>
File: banjo-kazooie-nuts-and-bolts.jpg (201 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
banjo-kazooie-nuts-and-bolts.jpg
201 KB, 1280x720
>they'd need to focus on driving mechanics.

where have I seen this before?
>>
>>320683094
Kangaroos can already kick a person in half. Also some of the stories of the bastards are just insane.

"49 Year old Chris Rickard was walking around his property together with his dog, a blue heeler named Rocky. They stumbled upon a sleeping kangaroo, who woke up and tried to get away, chased by the dog Rocky. The kangaroo them jumped in to the water and the dog followed. In a self defence move typical for kangaroos the kangaroo grabbed the dog with its front paws and held it under water to drown it. By now Chris had caught up with them and leapt into the water too to save his dog from the five foot roo, but the roo was not giving up the dog just like that and ripped in to Chris too. He received a big gash on his forehead and several deep gashes on his abdomen and chest while he was under water trying to pull his half drowned dog away from the roo and make his way back to shallower water, the roo only finally backed off a bit when Chris managed to elbow it in the throat. During an interview in the local hospital he said that he didn't think he'd ever be able to watch Skippy on TV again."
>>
Maybe if Bethesda could pull off Fallout at all
>>
File: Barter-Town.jpg (73 KB, 840x344) Image search: [Google]
Barter-Town.jpg
73 KB, 840x344
>>320682330
We already got that
>>
File: LookAtIt.jpg (34 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
LookAtIt.jpg
34 KB, 400x300
Why are their no big beautiful game devs in Australia?

No AAA at all.
Just a bunch of useless indies making 2d platformers or cringy first person horror games.
>>
>>320682330
Bethesda? No.
Obsidian more suited to make a Fallout story, definitely.
>>
>>320684339
There was a robust development scene in Australia. Atari Melbourne House for instance. The problem was that the international companies told the government "we want tax breaks or we move to a country where we can get them" and the government told them to fuck off so they all closed down. Same thing that happened to the car manufacturing businesses. EA still has a studio in Melbourne.
>>
File: Sad3.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sad3.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>320684985
So the only good jobs are offshore?

That is a crying shame.
>>
>>320682330

how is it possible ? coz there is no gunz.
>>
File: 1435504890210.jpg (10 KB, 235x284) Image search: [Google]
1435504890210.jpg
10 KB, 235x284
>>320683963
>>
File: haha.gif (2 MB, 397x169) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
2 MB, 397x169
>>320683963
>>
File: 1449851477722.jpg (1 MB, 4298x4109) Image search: [Google]
1449851477722.jpg
1 MB, 4298x4109
>>320683963
Came here to post this desu senpai
>>
>>320685138
There's plenty of guns, they're just in the hands of criminal organisations. A few years ago some rocket launchers were stolen from a military base. Most were never recovered. At least two were used in a drive by attack on a house. Gangland shootings are commonplace, they just don't tend to make big news because the mafia tend to be careful about how they shoot people, they don't like the risk of collateral damage because they've got delusions of being civilised. A hit was carried out by a guy using a shotgun to shoot two people in a car watching a sports game, the police were told by informants that the shooter would never be found because the people that paid for the hit had him killed for daring to kill the guys in such a brazen manner.
>>
>>320682330
Fallout is a very America-centric franchise. You'd probably need to make a new IP to go with it, or, you know, just use Mad Max.
>>
>>320682330
Bethesda can only produce shit.
>>
>>320685138
>>320686115
There's lots of guns in civilian hands, too, at least in rural areas. Even semi-autos and handguns are legal with the right permits.
>>
>>320684985
Does Australia's government want their country to die?
>>
>>320684339
Why would I make games in a place that has a good chance to outright ban them?
>>
>>320687349
It certainly feels that way. There's no political parties that have sane economic policies.
>>
Fallout is Amercian, and it should stay American, in my opinion.
>>
>>320687349
Yes. When they don't want their current leader to die, anyway.
>>
Australia is boring as fuck tho.
>>
>>320687583
America isn't special.
>>
>>320685138
>100s of 1000s of firearms in Ausfailia
>gun confiscation rolls around
>about 100,000 turned in
>great success!

>in other news, sales of PVC pipes went up by 1000% this year

In the event of SHTF, all the people with guns they're not allowed would unearth them and get to shooting.
>>
Given fallout 4 was pretty garbage I don't know why you have any hope for the franchise.
>>
>>320685138
Well considering Fallout's America was stuck in the 1950's culturally, I'd imagine it would be much the same everywhere else in the world. Australia didn't get rabid anti-gun until the 90's.

Besides, there is a fuckload of guns floating around out here, nobody knows how many. We had no way of knowing before the buybacks, and the buybacks only returned about 500K guns. We imported that many SKS's the year prior.
>>
>>320687856
I remember watching the news just after the bans, the cops were dredging a river. Hundreds of guns, just from a single town. People were so scared that they would be arrested when they turned in their weapons that they just threw them into water holes or buried them. Worst part was that they recovered a bunch of weapons that were world war vintage and would have been welcome museum pieces.
>>
Nobody cares about Australia.
>>
I think we should drop the "Australians are tough" meme now. The fact that they are governed by a bunch of pussies AND the fact that they don't even have fucking bears should be reason enough to drop this reputation for Australia.
>>
>>320684339
Dustforce was a great game though
>>
File: nope orbital laser.gif (314 KB, 248x200) Image search: [Google]
nope orbital laser.gif
314 KB, 248x200
>>320688324
Man idk. I grew up around bears. Just stay inside and they shuffle around your garbage harmlessly. And cougars are chicken shits who rarely ever grace your porch. I'll keep my bears and mountain lions and the Aussies can keep their hell spiders and other various World's Most Venomous animals.
>>
>Fallout
>Working outside of America

Every fucking time.
>>
MATE WHERE THE FUCK ARE WE
>>
>>320688324
>they don't even have fucking bears
Instead we have trees that kill you if you so much as touch them, jellyfish the size of your finger nail that can kill you, and a hole in the ozone layer that means the sun actually hurts to be caught in. I'd prefer bears.
>>
>>320687792
Retrofuturistic 1950's Americana Sci-Fi and McCarthyism paranoia is an exclusively American phenomenon.
>>
>>320684985
>Same thing that happened to the car manufacturing businesses.
GM and Ford used to milk the government for a lump sum incentive every three to five years, they pulled out because the Australian government wouldn't give it to them any more. The government wanted the promises that they wouldn't just shut down local manufacturing and development (rumours had been circling for a while now) after they paid up. They didn't want to make the promise, so the Government wasn't going to line their pockets just for them to run off with it. They did the right thing IMO. Ford AU was getting shafted by Ford Global for years, and GM only made half ass commitments to export the Commodore (First to a dead brand, now they refuse to advertise that they sell it as a Chevy) despite the fact we were the only market in the world to generate a profit during the GFC.
>>
>>320688651
Yeah, and that all happens where 1% of the population lives.

But even still, just look at your pussy government. They gave you an R18+ rating and they STILL banned some scenes from the South Park game.
>>
>>320688634
IT'S BONGARONG TIME
>>
Bethesda can't even pull off Fallout normally.
>>
>>320682330
I'd rather a CDP Red or hell even Cockstar do it than Bethesda.
>>
>>320688573
I'll take spiders over niggers any day.
>>
>>320689067
Nah man, chimps you can hear coming
>>
>>320687792
It is when it's so integral to the setting.
>>
They can't pull fallout off in general so no
>>
>>320688651
>>320688820
I agree that it's a different type of scary. I've grown up in Australia my whole life. I've navigated around aggro kangaroos, venomous snakes and spiders and drunken natives with ease, but I would shit bricks around a goddamn bear.
>>
>>320689245
I can kill ten spiders with a bat.
>>
>>320682330
MAAAAAYBEEE
YOU'LL THINK OF ME
>>
>>320682330

I'd rather Bethesda stop making video games.
>>
>>320682330
Has there been a Mel mod for Mad Max yet?
>>
>>320683854
>Dog drowned
>Half beaten do death by kangaroo
>Still makes skippy jokes

Cunts
>>
>>320685138
Why are you typing like a degenerate retard?
>>
>>320682330
They can't even pull off a Fallout America. Goddamn 4 was horseshit.
>>
>Humanity not going extinct
>When mutated Drop Bears will exist
>>
>>320686790
>>320687583
>>320687792
>>320688581

Everything about fallout is based in American culture.

You can't have a fallout game set outside of America, it just wouldnt work.

It could be a post apocalyptic RPG, but it wouldnt be fallout.

I'm tired of ignoramuses asking when fallout is going to take place in their country.

Everyone else is probably dead or mutated, considering vaults were built in america exclusively
>>
>>320689850
Bethesda era Fallout jerks off all over 'Murrica.
Older Fallouts could easily be in Yurop.
>>
>Bloody raiders got into our vegemite stash again
>Somebody oughta' bloody those cunts
>NOICE
>>
>>320682330

Bethesda can't pull off a Fallout literally anything
>>
>>320689850
You could still have the retrofuturistic 50's theme. Although, not much else from current Fallout games, I suppose - I can't exactly see any of the old factions having significant overseas colonies, or many of the games' events being at all relevant outside of America.
>>
>can Bethesda pull off [insert anything here]
No
>>
>>320682330
Honestly, if Bethesda decides their going to take Fallout somewhere else, what they should do is contract it out like they did with NV, keep their names off it as much as possible, name it something else and have some Easter Eggs and dialogue options that hint the games are related.

Australia would be a good place, because in the Fallout bible Australia is untouched by war and basically degrades to a Mad Max style society. I always thought England would be another good place to take it, but instead of 50's Art Deco Americana it's 80's Brutalist Thatcher's Britian with the surviving city states displaying 1984 themes.
>>
>>320682330
Sure, i´d like another Fallout title from Beth with even more stuff removed again. Make it a point & click shooter this time too.
>>
>>320690390
The issue is that it's based very firmly in a very American concept of the 50's and 50's futurism. The decade means different things to different places.
>>
>>320687583
As a sudaca, i approve this. Fallout is supposed to feel like those cheesy, old america movies.
>>
>>320690390
No, 50's-era America sci-fi is culturally imbedded in a Pan-American view of the world that rides off the post-war prosperity, globalization, and paranoia of the time.
>>
Bethesda can't even pull a fallout, OP.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.