[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to wrap my brain around "donating"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10
File: witwix-1407272863-82079.jpg (25 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
witwix-1407272863-82079.jpg
25 KB, 250x250
I'm trying to wrap my brain around "donating" to streamers. Fucking why?
>Top Donator: $350
>Cue funny music and graphics
>>
File: 51979251_p4_master1200.jpg (71 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
51979251_p4_master1200.jpg
71 KB, 472x472
>>320681508
So I'm guessing you don't tip the waiter at a restaurant either? You entitled little shit.
>>
File: Angry3.jpg (321 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Angry3.jpg
321 KB, 1000x1000
Because rich or foolish idiots like to feel like their helping out a friend or someone less fortunate.

It's total cringe.

The way Youtube and Twitch should work is you get money IF YOU ARE POPULAR. Not if u are A LAMEASS NOBODY.
>>
>>320681916
Remind me when some fat greasy neckbeard brings me food and drink.

I'm just getting into twitch and playing it for ambient noise. The community is like a strip club where people go to dump money for a little attention like a tiny acknowledgement/shoutout. Except you don't get any titties rubbed in your face for that $1.

I can't believe there's a large enough market segment of idiots to finance these NEET's lives of playing games all day.
>>
>>320681508
what gets to me is how they try to act humble when they're all fucking jews

> i do this because i love games :)
> lemme just plaster the screen with how many sub and donation i got, so retarded 12 year old can try to 1up each other using moms credit card :^)
>>
>>320681508
My wife's son asked me for an amazon gift card for Christmas. I asked him what he wanted to buy with it. He said he wanted to buy his favorite streamer on chaturbate or some site something off his wishlist. I don't really understand why he would want to do that. I'm certainly not giving him a gift card.

It's a weird culture, OP. I think these kids and others use streamers as their television now. So they feel like they should pay them or something
>>
>>320681916
>Waiter brings you your lets say $20 meal of what ever the fuck it is.
>THIS IS SO GOOD HERE HAVE THREE HUNDRED FUCKING DOLLARS
>DON'T FUCKING BOTHER SHARING IT WITH THE COOK OR THE OWNER JUST FUCKING TAKE MY MONEY CAUSE IM RETARDED
>>
>>320681916
>tipping
>>
>>320682993

You do realize that was bait, right? Or was your post bait.

why do i even post here
>>
File: 1440364267769.png (239 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1440364267769.png
239 KB, 600x600
>>320681508
This is what happens when you don't have Jesus Christ in your life.
>>
>>320682912
That is gut wrenching, anon.....

That kid is basically directly exposed to a marketer for entertainment. Paying the marketer is part of the "fun streaming culture".

Also yea that fake humble down-to-earth shit gripes me. Calling their subscriber's "family".

Basically neckbeard prostitutes.
>>
>>320683179

>not specifically being roman-catholic.
>>
>>320682806
This is literally how every money making entity works in the world, anon
>>
>>320682912
>wife's son
>wife's
KEK
>>
>>320683107
>implying we don't take the b8 for free thread bumps
Guess your not a 4chan blackbelt
>>
I tip the pizza guy because they risk their lives every time when delivering around my neighborhood

Sometimes I answer the door nude and give them a little extra morale boost if they want
>>
>>320683217
Yeah, it's a shame. Think I need to have a talk with him. At the same time, really stupid shit is important to kids. In every generation
>>
>>320682912
C U C K
U
C
K

that was probably b8, but fuck it m8 :^)
>>
>>320683398
Quit trying to find anything redeemable about giving money to these streaming shitstains. Better have that talk with your wife's son before he grows up and convinces himself that the prostitute he's seeing is his girlfriend.
>>
>>320683785
Well, it's not redeemable. Just saying kids find weird shit important to them. Like the mega64 guys said when some angry boston kid was yelling at them thinking they were roosterteeth
>>
>>320683179
but christians invented asking for donations
>>
>>320681508
People with disposable income showing their gratitude for something that is provided for free
>>
>>320684346
Yea, because those same people show that same gratitude for other things that are provided for free.
>>
File: Mariachi.jpg (29 KB, 760x472) Image search: [Google]
Mariachi.jpg
29 KB, 760x472
>>320684573
>>320681508
>>
File: ComeAtMeBro.jpg (174 KB, 2400x1261) Image search: [Google]
ComeAtMeBro.jpg
174 KB, 2400x1261
>>320684346
When will the environmental protection agency get a donation from these generous individuals?

The truth is it's lonely rich people who want friends that make donations. Not normal.
>>
>>320681508

Friend simulator.
>>
>>320684919
no one gives a fuck about the environment
>>
>>320683179
I like /pol/-oc
>>
>>320684919
>When will the environmental protection agency get a donation from these generous individuals?

Why should they? Do you sincerely believe that during every exchange of currency someone thinks to himself "YES I DO THINK THIS IS THE BEST USE OF MY MONEY FOR MYSELF AND/OR HUMANITY"

People only care about things relevant to their lives. A person that donates to a cancer organization isn't necessarily going to donate to a burn ward or a songbird sanctuary or a planned parenthood or a tittymonster streamer. Someone donating to a streamer isn't taking money away from the EPA because they were never going to donate it to them anyway.
>>
>>320683352
>>320683456
>DUDE COOK LMAO
>falling for this already tired attempt at a meme

Oh wait, it's probably yourself.
>>
It's based around the "sucker born every minute" ideology.
>>
It's a form of entertainment like any other. If you enjoy something enough, it's only natural to want to support it. Internet don't pay for itself, neither do fancy microphones. I don't understand giving money to low quality content, because that's friggin stupid, but if the streamer is entertaining, and fairly based, I don't mind shilling him a shekel or two... Once I get a real job to get money to give first...
>>
>I've never seen a street performer or beggar.
>>
bro team is the only streamer worth donating to
>>
>>320682912
>Being a kek
>>
>>320682912
>My wife's son
nice meme!
>>
I'm watching a guy right now waiting on $50 total donations to unban a guy from a voice chat. This is after he collected $50 of donations to ban the guy in the first place. And these idiots just do it.
>>
http://treatstream.com/collections/Streamerhouse-edibles

worse than strippers
>>
>>320687532
>http://treatstream.com/collections/Streamerhouse-edibles

But infinitely more tasty. It might not be the most honorable thing, but who wouldn't want to sit on their arse all day having a good time playing vidya just to have some guy buy you a cookie pizza. That'd be rad as hell dude.
>>
I don't understand how people can base their entire livelihoods on recording themselves playing video games.

SeaNanners has a whole fucking studio to himself where he does nothing but play video games, record the footage, and upload it to Youtube. This is is full time job. It pays well enough for him to afford a studio. What the fuck.
>>
>>320687694
It's a business. Youtube is the king, and all the leeches come to get a piece of the land, but at the end of the day, still pay something like 40% in "king's land taxes" per video. It's surprising how much money you can make if you game the system hard enough. Especially when the system gives money based on how long you can get someone to watch, so stuff like gameplay and longplays, and even uploaded streams rake in the cash hard.
>>
>>320681508
Because you want to support the stream and give something back for the hundreds of hours of entertainment given to you.
>>
>>320687694

Nanners also has an established brand and sells shirts and shit. Not all of his income comes from Youtube ad bucks, even if he does have over five million subscribers and uploads three plus videos a day every day.
>>
an entertainer provides a free service and receives tips from his audience
>>
>>320688182
>>
>ITT buttmad autists furious they have a nonexistent personality so they can't make twitchbux
>>
>>320688340
Mel Brooks is a funny Jew.
>>
>>320682912
My wife's son is my favorite new meme.
>>
I have a harder time understanding why people watch streams to begin with. Like it's just some guy playing a video game you could play yourself. There's nothing stopping you.

A stream by somebody who made said game and has interesting input and commentary as to why what's going on onscreen was made the way it was or why something in the game functions as it does is a fun watch, on the other hand. I've only ever seen like that Doom E1 video by John Romero and the Bad Fur Day video that do that though and that's a shame.
>>
>>320690124
It's the kind of enjoyment one would get from lazing about on a couch with a friend while he plays some game you don't particularly feel like playing at that exact moment. Perhaps you watch a game to work up the motivation to play it too, or perhaps he's playing something you've never played but would like to. Or maybe they're just a good enough friend that it doesn't matter what's goin' on, you're just happy to be there and chill.

It's like that, but with a community experience.
>>
>>320681508

ITT Jobless NEETS don't understand the concept of people doing whatever they want with their money they earn.
>>
>>320690124
>I have a harder time understanding why people watch streams to begin with.
For me it's to vicariously play games that I don't have the time/patience to play anymore. I chromecast twitch to my tv for some ambiance that isn't garbage television.
>>
File: 1351632058516.gif (469 KB, 214x185) Image search: [Google]
1351632058516.gif
469 KB, 214x185
So how much did you donate to streams? 100 $ here
>>
>>320681916
see, unlike you, i don't order enough food for myself to warrant a 350 dollar tip
>>
the worst are people who are already rich asking for donations and subs. some ufc fighters stream now baka
>>
>>320691465
I watch rampage and mightymouse. Rampage I've made laugh a lot and dj is a pretty cool guy to talk to.

But this is the most despicable act from twitch: https://youtu.be/WbtdLKZJWVY
>>
>>320690721
You autistic or something, boy? They aren't your real friends or even give a tiny speck of a fuck about you.
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 496x330) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 496x330
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbRtcVrxVH0
Look at all these money cucks
>>
>>320690413

Yeah, but part of the experience of that scenario you described is being able to one-on-one shoot the shit with said friend. You can't do that with a streamer who one, can't see your face, two, has never met you and will likely never meet you, and three, is trying to entertain and interact with upwards of hundreds of people simultaneously.
>>
>>320681508
really stupid people also the e-beggars (yes that's what they are) are just as cancerous
i don't watch streams often but if they have a donation button that is a huge red flag right there along with green screen, on screen alerts and music bullshit
twitch culture is pure cancer
>>
>people actually giving Spoony money
>>
>>320692932
And that's true. I never said it was a one on one interaction, or that the community might not be garbage (which it usually is). Besides, trying to chat with a streamer that's huge just isn't fun unless their personality is still fun enough to be around.

At the end of the day, it's not just like lounging about with a friend, it's just a taste. a teensy tiny little crumb that some of us may never taste again.
>>
They want to support the streamer. If I wasn't a poorfag I'd donate to Trihex.

Also
>watching trihex stream
>narcissist "I think hormones can fix my ugly face" wright comes in the chat and fucks up everything, requests him to play his mario maker level
>things calm down after a while, stream going fine again
>harpy comes into his room and watches him play for hours making everything awkward as fuck

Is nothing sacred? Why are things always ruined by women and pretend women?
>>
File: 1360689563433.jpg (13 KB, 192x243) Image search: [Google]
1360689563433.jpg
13 KB, 192x243
>>320693662
literally who? Also who cares?
>>
>>320693662
Just went to this guy's stream . I got permabanned on my first comment.

These narcissists don't put up with dissenters.
>>
>>320685598
>>320686052
The funny thing is that marrying someone who has a kid already has absolutely nothing to do with cuckholding.
>>
>>320694619
R E T R O A C T I V E
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.