[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFW I'll never be king of the castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1438316584252.png (10 KB, 315x318) Image search: [Google]
1438316584252.png
10 KB, 315x318
Why isn't there a good sandbox mmo or co op game where you run around killing players for shits and giggles?

Everything is always half-assed or overloaded with a shitty un-fun meta with overall dull gameplay. I don't want to grind or make a chore out of staying relevant in pvp I just want to camp a damn tower until I'm known as "that fag who PM's everyone who comes near that tower". Then you have the shitty meta game of staring at numbers and animation frames and turning a games pvp into a single homogenized playstyle.

Can modern players not comprehend the joy of simplicity and player driven entertainment?
>>
File: 1437557567592.png (15 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1437557567592.png
15 KB, 320x320
>>320680917

>PM

I meant PK, obviously.
>>
Chronicles of Elyria is the only game I'm aware of that is trying to go all in on this. It's the only thing I know of where you can fully stake out a place and just keep it if you want.
>>
>>320681510

What kind of combat/gameplay?
>>
>>320681510
>>320681693

Oh nevermind it's still early in development.
Knowing how bad black desert got fucked I guess I can't be hyped.
>>
>>320681693
Everything is persistent, direct and real time, apparently. Full loot, permadeath, your avatar persists even when you logout so ou have to keep yourself safe. You can build custom buildings and destroy them with siege equipment. They aren't opening anything until at least a month from now, so there isn't any actual PvP to show off yet. I hope to god they actually manage to not turn out to be vaporware.
>>
>>320682305

>Your avatar persists when you log out.

Is this to force you to hide or is it more of an insensitive to build a fortress to protect it?
>>
>>320681973
I know, I want to get hyped for this, but it screams way too ambitious for its own good.
>>
>>320680917
This is what I initially thought I would be able to do with minecraft, I was sorely mistaken. However I agree completely, that shit would be awesome. Something as open as, say, WWII online but with no clear objective other than inhabiting the world.
>>
>>320682936

Funny you mentioned minecraft, because when I looked at steam today an MMO called Trove was in my recommendations.

It looks like a minecraft MMO and the steam reviews all mockingly say it's what "The cubeworld dev deserves for being in development for too long".

Despite coming out in the middle of the summer I haven't seen /v/ mention it once.
>>
testing
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.