[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some DS games that actually use the dual-screen gimmick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 18hdq98027p5tjpg.jpg (70 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
18hdq98027p5tjpg.jpg
70 KB, 500x425
What are some DS games that actually use the dual-screen gimmick in an interesting way?

could be shit games by themselves
>>
>>320680685
the world ends with you
if you have a ds and like jrpgs at all, you need to play it anyway.
>>
I really liked the double screen display platformer things like Yoshi's Island and Sonic Rush.
>>
>>320681042
yeah yeah, i know.

I just got one and all i have is new super mario bros, mario kart ds, and kirby super star ultra.

so many good RPGs in the library.
>>
>>320680685
Phantom Hourglass has a puzzle where you have to close the DS.
>>
That first Legend of Zelda game for the DS has some really neat puzzles that destroyed me. It was hard to think outside the box.
>>
>>320680685
Henry hatsworth

>>320681249
Looney tuned Duck Amok has one where you close the DS and daffy navigates you blindfolded through a maze with his voice while you hit the l/r buttons.
>>
>>320680685
Ninja Gaiden DS made you play with the system sideways and only puzzle games really did that. I thought it worked pretty well.
>>
Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story is pretty awesome in using both screens IMO.
>>
I liked how the Mario and Luigi used it. Pokemon Heart Gold also used it well and I can't understand why they fucked it up in the later ones
>>
Knights in the Knightmare.
>>
>>320681464
>>320681249
>>320682298
Thanks, these look awesome.
>>
Nintendogs
>>
>>320681249
Came here to post this, that puzzle was bull shit
>>
the five minute super spoiler in 999 is a pretty unique moment involving the two screens.
>>
Wario ware
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>320680685
Hotel Dusk and Last Window utilize it pretty well. The music box puzzle was pretty neat.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.