[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these rare anymore? Also, amiibo thread. Planning on scooping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
Are these rare anymore?

Also, amiibo thread. Planning on scooping any for the holidays? Getting any for someone?
>>
I don't know. I got the one on the left though.
>>
Nope.

Rarer figs are the original waves.
>>
>>320672215
They got 2 of the one on the left in the Wal Mart I'm in.
I only wanted to get a few Smash ones, but figured I'd drop some scratch on,it if it's rare, and not being sold at a scalped,price.
>>
I've got a gold Mario amiibo, is it worth anything?
>>
>>320672754
I think gold Mario is the only somewhat rare ameeb at this point.
>>
>>320672754
You'd have gotten at least $80 easy if you had sold it as recently as a week ago, when Gold Mario was an NA-exclusive figure.

Now Japan's finally getting Gold Mario this week, and unlike in America, they actually print supply worth a damn. Expect its scalper value to sink like a stone.
>>
amiiba is not vidya. Sage.
>>
So how long do most of you imagine you're going to keep your collections?
>>
>>320673448
I only have a Dong and I expect to keep him around for a while.
>>
>>320673448
I actually use mine, as they're incredibly useful for trophy/custom farming and training in Sm4sh. So I'm keeping mine.
>>
Left is common. Right is exclusive to WalMart, so it depends on how nice yours is.
>>
>>320672108
Right looks a million times better than the left. Left only looks that way due to NES color restrictions. Not because they actually think it looks good.
>>
>buying physical dlc
literally cancer
>>
>>320672108
Not really. You can find pretty much any amiibo you want and any store will have an excellent stock. Gotta say Yakuza did a good job fixing and Iwata, God rest his soul, was still retarded for his artificial scarcity bullshit.

If you want that modern color 8-bit Mario, you will still have to go to e-bay though because at the moment it only comes in a WiiU bundle.

tfw I am no longer a NEET piece of shit and finally have money to fuel my amiibo addiction again :^)
>>
>>320672256
>>320673252
>>320673754
It sure is tripfag in here
>>
>>320674402
>If you want that modern color 8-bit Mario, you will still have to go to e-bay though because at the moment it only comes in a WiiU bundle.

My Wal-Mart had a bunch of them solo
>>
>>320674896
Huh, maybe they're available solo. I saw it in a bundle and just assumed it was only available that way because they have a hard-on for bundles all of a sudden.

Not that I'm really complaining. Bundles have seemed to be really helping stock and I usually buy more than one at a time anyway.

amiibo centric game when? Yeah they're useful for Smash and maybe Mario Tennis but I'm not buying the latter just for it. Codename Steam look sub-par at best and I have no interest in that either. Don't even mention that Animal Crossing pary bullshit
>>
>>320675586
>amiibo centric game when?
Well, first they need to create a backup system for the things since the data gets overwritten if you use it on another game that is read/write which is absolutely idiotic. Once they have that, I'd really like to see something but who knows how they'd go about it.

DI basically focuses on Toy Box more than anything since their play sets barely let you play as anyone and are over within six hours even if you 100% it, Skylanders I can't comment on since I don't own it, and Lego Dimensions is just a normal Telltale game but you pay to unlock the characters and levels.
>>
>>320676493
>amiibos can hold up to 8KB of data
>most NES games less than that
>amiibos cost more than an NES game on the Virtual Console
>Yet we can't have that as a free bonus for Old IP, First party amiibos and instead all we get is the stupid "Relive classic scenes form old games!" amiibo channel

Nintendo has right to get so asshurt about piracy when they act like total jews about their old games.
>>
>>320677007
Typo. Meant to say no right.
>>
>>320677007
>Amiibos don't even unlock their respective games, it's entirely random
>It's just like four savestates in the rom that you can play.
I was so mad.
>>
>>320672108
I went from having 4 of these to like 25 or some shit in the span of Four or so months.
And I want more.
Help me.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.