[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that Platinum isn't shit and Capcom can do just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: dmc4.jpg (208 KB, 1920x940) Image search: [Google]
dmc4.jpg
208 KB, 1920x940
Reminder that Platinum isn't shit and Capcom can do just fine without them. This game is better than anything Platinum has ever made.
>>
Vergil is a lot of fun
>>
>>320662037
Bayo/Bayo2>DMC3>NGB>NG2>DMC1>DMC4>MGR
>>
>>320662037
No shit sherlock.
>>
>>320662492
>Bayonetta
>above anything

Also Platinum had absolutely nothing to do with any DMC beyond the first one, so it's proof that Capcom is better at the genre than Plat.
>>
Reminder that Platinum can develop a game where Kylo Ren kills Han Solo. He survives the explosion in the first movie of the post-original trilogy and continues on in Episode 8.
>>
>>320662037
Yes, Capcom has a lot of talent at their company. So does Platinum.

This is not an either/or situation. Capcom makes the best action games on the market and some of Platinum's best work was done while they were still Clover.

It's a shame about that whole business with being let go but we can have both and enjoy it.
>>
DMC4 as an action game is the pinnacle of the genre. Bayo is still pretty damn good.
>>
File: w_why.png (1016 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
w_why.png
1016 KB, 1600x900
>>320662728
Thats because platinum didnt even fucking exist until after clover got shut down and Kamiya reformed into platinum games in 2007. Kamiya directed 1 and 3 but not 2 or 4.
>>
>>320663086
I'm referring to the team that is now Platinum you goof. Of course they didn't exist back then.
>>
>>320663086
DMC2 through 4 were Itsuno (or at least attributed, no secret he was brought in right at the end of DMC2 when it was an utter disaster). Kamiya was working on Okami and Viewtiful Joe 2 around the time DMC3 was in development.
>>
I like DMC2.
>>
bayonetta is for people too casual for dmc.
>>
>>320663448
You are a terrible being. Please report to your nearest veterinarian to be put down.
>>
>>320663342
Nah, Kamiya was involved with 3. That's why Bayonetta is similar but with few innovations. It's literally his game.

DMC4 is basically copy pasted 3 with few gimmicks, a horrible new character with the depth of a puddle and an unfinished second half of the game.
>>
>>320663590
No.
>>
>>320663608
Kamiya wasn't involved with 3 at all.
>>
>>320663448
Anon, stop lying.
>>
>>320663608
You don't have to be involved with a product to be inspired by it.
>>
w-why cant i just like both
>>
>>320663608
Don't rip on Nero you piece of shit.
>>
>>320662483
Vergil is easy mode.
>>
>>320663950
Nero really needed multiple weapons.
>>
>>320663824
I'm not. I never understood and still don't understand the problem people have with this game. I even revisited it with the DMC HD Collection and I still like it more than DMC1.
>>
>>320662037
>implying anyone ever needed a reminder
>>
>>320664110
>helicopter boss
>soft lockon
>gun based combat
>no taunts
>braindead enemies, shitty bosses
>terrible levels

You are a braindead son of a bitch who should be gunned down in the street.
>>
>>320663086
>blur
>>
>>320664280
Wow you act like I insulted your mother. I'm sorry my enjoyment of every in-house DMC makes you mad.
>>
File: herIcomecomecome.jpg (55 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
herIcomecomecome.jpg
55 KB, 600x576
>>320664057
>nero with at least 3 weapons
>all of them have an Exceed system with different properties for each weapon
I would have liked him even more than dante with something like that, revving is one of the most satisfying things in the game
>>
>>320664494
>in-house
Yeah that's the kicker. Bet you're acting like DmC was a travesty, when it's shit for the exact same reasons as DMC2 right down to the dumb contemporary anti-corporate plot.

And it didn't have the helicopter boss.
>>
>>320663992
Easy mode towards fun
>>
>>320664768
>Bet you're acting like DmC was a travesty
Not at all, it was a fun enough game that shouldn't have had the DMC name on it. Granted I didn't pay a dime for it so that could be a factor in my enjoyment.
>>
>>320663086
Kamiya only directed dmc 1 you little faggot.
>>
Now hold on
One doesnt cancel the other
Capcom obviously has the manpower to do good if they so wish, and Platinum... is Platinum
Im actually glad they separated. Id hate to see Platinum under that specially shitty time Capcom went through.
>>
I would love to see Scalebound get shit on by a proper DMC5. That would be hilarious.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.