[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me spend money I don't want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: ffxii and ffxiii.jpg (279 KB, 1000x1390) Image search: [Google]
ffxii and ffxiii.jpg
279 KB, 1000x1390
what's up /v/

The other day Amazon gave me a $25 gift card that's only good on their appstore to reward me for buying things via my Android device. I have no use for any paid apps, and I can't transfer it to anyone else.

I figured I'd see if there were any games on there, and lo and behold there's actually a few Final Fantasy games on their appstore. My question to you is which of the early FF entries is the best? The only one I've played all the way through is XII and it still remains my favorite game of all time.

I can afford to buy one of them. Between II, III, Iv, V, and VI which should I buy? Do any of you have experience with the Android ports of said games? Lastly, would I be better off playing it on a tablet or my more powerful phone?

pic semi related, also any recommendations for other mobile games welcome because this is the only time I'll ever be buying them
>>
I heard Dragon Quest IV is better on phones than on DS because of party chat, and it's a good game overall too. The phone FFs are identical to the ones on Steam, so stay the fuck away from V and VI unless you have a hardon for RPGMaker aesthetics.
>>
>>320654319
Dragon Quest doesn't seem to be available through Amazon's appstore. I'm not sure what the point of their appstore is. Also good to know. So that means I have to choose between III and IV. Anyone know which is better?

Also is Terraria any good? I remember seeing a bunch about this game a while ago but I know nothing about it.
>>
Actually I don't even know why I'd give a shit if it doesn't look the way it should if I never played the original games. Which of them is the best, graphics aside?
>>
>>320655258
In that case, VI. But honestly, you're better off downloading an emulator and emulating all of them.
>>
>>320655432
I'm not necessarily so interested in playing them that I'd do that (tablet hasn't handled emulation beyond GBC well in my experience), I'm just asking about these specific ones because Amazon gave me a gift card and I can't use it on anything else.

It's hard for me to pick a mobile game because they all look the same (boring and shitty) to me. At least this series I know will be somewhat decent.
>>
File: FFXII.jpg (1 MB, 1600x899) Image search: [Google]
FFXII.jpg
1 MB, 1600x899
Get FFXII, seriously. It's really good and the gambit system is fantastic. Plus the game isn't 100% linear, there are multiple paths and you will sometimes question if you're going the right way, a sense of exploration instead of just running down hallways with no option to choose your path.
>>
>>320655765
If you're going to play them at all, might as well get the best experience, no?

Does the gift card expire? Otherwise I don't see what's the rush, maybe you'll come across an app that you actually want to buy some day.
>>
File: ffxii cast.jpg (470 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
ffxii cast.jpg
470 KB, 1600x1066
>>320656132
You didn't read the OP at all, did you? That aside, FFXII is my favorite game of all time so good on you regardless
>>
File: FFXII double.jpg (100 KB, 767x895) Image search: [Google]
FFXII double.jpg
100 KB, 767x895
>>320656338
Oh shit, I misunderstood "II" as meaning "XII".

Whelp.
>>
>>320656280
It expires at 11:59pm on December 31, but on the 22nd I'm going to be without internet access until mid-January. I wish I could save it or even use it via Kindle but the restrictions on it are pretty tight. All that aside, I'm also not really the sort to download apps or games onto my mobile devices beyond what I already have.
>>
File: cosplay fran.jpg (418 KB, 1277x1668) Image search: [Google]
cosplay fran.jpg
418 KB, 1277x1668
>>320656457
It's all good, friend. Keep spreading the good word about the best game Squeenix will ever make.
>>
Honestly, I'd just straight up say don't waste it on FF. The mobile versions aren't worth it imo.
>>
>>320658115
What is, then? Terraria looks like I'd either love it or hate it, but I have $25 total here.
>>
>>320658275
I'm sorry, I'm not too well-versed in mobile gaming and mostly emulate shit on my tablet t͏͏b͏͏h. I just came here at least to speak against using it on FF. If there's no other way, though... go wild on III or IV. I find II as a core game itself shit, even if it has a good port. The others are badly ported.
>>
File: ffiii android.png (896 KB, 800x480) Image search: [Google]
ffiii android.png
896 KB, 800x480
>>320658590
I misspoke, II isn't even an option. The screens provided of III and IV look like they might be not the same as the original. Do you know that the port for those is good or have you only heard about V and VI? Pic related, it's one of the provided screens from FFIII

Wish they had that Tales game for the PSP on the appstore. I tried to emulate it on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy tab 3) but it ran like absolute garbage.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.