[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Witcher series killed my passion for gaming. I was already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1448642287818.jpg (26 KB, 511x340) Image search: [Google]
1448642287818.jpg
26 KB, 511x340
The Witcher series killed my passion for gaming. I was already picky after playing Dark Souls, but then in June I played all 3 Witcher games and I haven't found a game that sparks something in me anymore.
Since then I've bought games like Far Cry 4, Bioshock, Arkham Series, and Metro 2033 Redux. I put down Far Cry 4 after a couple hours because the story is way worse than Far Cry 3. Bioshock didn't pull me in like I thought it would and I quit after 10 minutes. I played Arkham Asylum but stopped a few hours into Arkham City. Metro 2033 was an exception though because that game is fucking amazing.
I don't even really get excited for games anymore. I waited 7 years for Fallout 4 and when it came out I was just like, "Yea, I guess I'll buy it." I am enjoying it but I'm not obsessed with it like I want to be yet. Hopefully it pulls me in enough by the end. It's really growing on me, but I didn't like the first couple hours of gameplay much.
Oh, but the Witcher didn't kill me love of Skyrim. Skyrim may not have a great story, but The Elder Scrolls universe has always interested me probably since I'm also obsessed with LOTR.
TL;DR Don't play the Witcher series if you want to keep gaming as a hobby.
>>
That cat looks really sad.
>>
>>320651524
>The Witcher series killed my passion for gaming.
Me too, it was at awful.
>>
>>320651524
Why is that cat so sad?
>>
Get a new hobby, you're clearly burnt out on video games. No need for these dramatic posts. Go to facebook with that shit.
>>
>>320654126
Probably because that guy is flipping him off.

Jeez, would you be happy that someone flipped you off, man?
>>
Me too OP, I played it for 3 hours before realizing Witcher 3 was the same AAA garbage kids consider good these days, and the fact that it's getting good reviews and awards and shit means gaming will just get worse because people think Witcher 3 is something to strive for instead of avoid.
>>
>>320654386
Yeah, that's my favorite finger
>>
Nice blog post, m8
>>
>>320654542
Yeah cause fallout 3 and skyrim are much better goals to aim towards, or maybe Dragon age inquisition.
>>
>>320654775
>lol you dislike generic AAA garbage
>you must like these OTHER generic AAA garbage titles

wew
>>
>>320652898
>>320654126
He was flicked off every day for 2 years you'd be pretty sad too
also it's shopped
>>
The Witcher 3 really raised the bar for what can be called a great gaming experience
>>
>>320651524
Yes, yes, you have a shitty taste we get it
>>
I played Undertale and had fun with videogames again.
>>
Try Japanese games, OP.
Specifically, Danganronpa or STEINS;GATE
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 457x364) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 457x364
>>320651524
I wouldn't go that far but I've got no desire to play Bioware or Bethesda games anymore.
>>320653405
>>320654542
2edgy4me
>>
>>320658135
I don't want that weeb bullshit, I only play Polish games from now on. Game devs got lots to learn from CDPR
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.