[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does everyone say normal is so easy in Awakening? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: Lucina_(Yukata_CG_DLC).png (139 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
Lucina_(Yukata_CG_DLC).png
139 KB, 400x240
Why does everyone say normal is so easy in Awakening? I'm having a blast, it feels just about right for me, and I've beaten earlier games in the series (7, 8, 9). I'm not a masochist though.
>>
/v/ likes to pretend it's good at vidya.
>>
>>320648440
It's comfortably challenging until late-game, where you just decimate everything that comes your way.
>>
>>320648440
Because you can grind. And for /v/ that means you must grind every character to max level every time
>>
bump
>>
>>320648698
So just like every fe since the gba fe?
>>
>>320648440

/v/ logic pretty much goes

>Oh new Fire Emblem Game
>I'll play on normal but say I beat it on Lunatic to make myself look cool on /v/
>Oh cool there's DLC, let's buy all of it
>Huh? This DLC gives me infinite money and levels? What's stopping me from making all my characters level 20 then?
>WOW THIS GAME IS SO EASY I BEAT EVERY CHAPTER WITH A SINGLE CHARACTER ALL I HAD TO DO IS GRIND FOR HOURS

I'll bet your ass that there isn't even 10% on /v/ that can make it past chapter 2 on Lunatic
>>
>>320649080

Yes
>>
>>320649132
>buying dlc
>>
>>320648986
It's not even that. In order to see the character interactions, you have to grind them together like two highschool students on the dance floor.
It's like FE8. The game was planned around grinding.
>>
>>320648440

Just set yourself a reclassing limit. Like don't reclass the same character more than twice. It's very tempting to let a character go through every single class he can to make him OP as fuck, but all you end up with is a boring game and hours of grinding
>>
>>320648440
Children characters are too strong( up to hard where they easy to train).
Robin is tied for most broken Lord in the series.
Pair up is straight up busted.

If you take these 3 out, it's not as easy, but simplistic map design and objectives where your only worry is WHEN MORE WYVERS will pop out is still there.

The only good maps are hidden in DLC/Spotpass
>>
>>320649347

Nobody on /v/ can convince me that they beat Lunatic without DLC and found it easy
>>
>>320649347
Not him, but I have the some of the DLC because of that thing Nintendo did where if you bought SMT4 and FEA, they gave you $20 on the eShop. Pretty much handed you the DLC. Saved some of the other money and bought Box Boy or whatever it's called years later.
>>
>>320649372
This,
I love limitations in other FE games

If you don't do this, For some reason I'm compelled to break your game, then i'm not having fun.
>>
>>320649661
I always preferred the FE games where they just drop you into the next fight with no grinding other than the few soldiers on each map. Really adds another layer of strategy, because you need to plan who you want to still be relevant in ten maps.
>>
I started playing it on Hard as a FE newcomer and found the start pretty hard to get through, but it became really, really easy once the game started handing out grinding opportunities. And if you decide to skip grinding, have fun trying to boost character relations.

It's pretty poor balance to be honest, I hope that Fates does it better.
>>
>>320648440
It's easy if you cheese it with Avatar/chrom soloing
>>
My first time on FE:A Hard Classic was actually the toughest game in the series for me, because I tried to play it like a traditional FE.
-did not use Pair Up (just had units I wanted to pair together adjacent)
-did not do challenges, reeking boxes, or any non-child paralogues
-only did maybe half the child paralogues, only for exp because I was getting my ass handed to me so hard in the main game
-did not use children except Owain and Noire
I was tearing my hair out at several of the maps.
>>
>set self a goal to unlock every character convo
>realize the mistake I made when I'm 90 hours into a file and nowhere near even half way
Send Help.
>>
>>320649819

As far as everyone who played it says it seems to have fixed most issues of Awakening
>>
>>320649132
You dont get to use dlc until ch 4 i believe.

But yes, i had to look at a guide to beat chapter 2.

On lunatic, its just stupid though. If your units arent at specific places, equipped with specific weapons, next to certain characters, you lose.

And even then, They say

>If this enemy doesnt miss you need to restart, because this character dies then everything changes (and you all die).
>>
>>320649790
I liked this

I also liked the Ike games because while you had bonus EXP, it still felt like a limited resource.
>>
>>320649883
Yeah, because the game wasn't designed around it.
But honor rules runs don't make the game itself hard, just the challenge you randomly imposed on it.
>>
I've been playing on hard. It was pretty difficult at first but got easy after a while. I'm pretty sure I'm near the end of the game I'm still just tearing through shit. I imagine normal would be even easier.
>>
>>320650002
the cool thing about BEXP is that it gave an incentive to clear maps efficiently, which is how I like to play.
>>
>>320649819
>grinding on hard
But reeking boxes cost like 4500 each, how on earth do you grind without the DLC?
>>
>>320649883
>>320649372

Uh... Event Tiles and the barracks? That's how I grind for support convos. I've got most unlocked relevant to my game and I really have to trouble getting two people to get an A support and I'm really not grinding outside of the story.
>>
fire emblem 7, 8 & 9 are all very easy

probably comparing the later sfc games or radiant dawn
>>
>>320650050
I was just sharing my experience anon. Don't need to sperg out every time you imagine someone complimenting Awakening.
>>
>>320650220

>People calling Radiant Dawn hard

Is this a meme? It's easier than PoR and PoR was already easy as fuck
>>
>>320650176
It's not that hard alongside wrecking other Robins
>>
>>320650204
Good luck seeing them all, then.

>>320650271
>sperg out
You're the one blogposting. I'm just pointing out that a game isn't hard if you impose challenges the game never talked about.
>>
>>320650319
>Radiant dawn easier than PoR
Radiant dawn is hard as fuck, the brigade is horrible compared to Ike's gang
>>
>>320650484
You could argue that it's easier on normal because of Battle Saves
>>
>>320650484
>brigade
They were so goddamn bad.
>>
>>320650484

It's really not. Most maps are disappointingly easy and the hard ones either give you a Laguz King or the fucking Black Knight to kill everything.
How the fuck can anyone have trouble with fucking Radiant Dawn?
>>
>chapter 5 in FE:A without getting anyone killed
>>
>Needing to grind to beat awakening
>on fucking normal
since when was /v/ retarded
>>
>>320650176
Who needs reeking boxes when Risen automatically pop up on the map like mushrooms in rain?
>>
>>320650319
RD is only somewhat difficult in Part 1 because the Dawn Brigade blows. Part 2 I don't remember, then Part 3 and 4 are cake since you (usually) have control of the Greil Mercenaries.

>>320650431
>talking about an experience with a video game is blogposting
Jesus Christ
>>
>>320650785
>losing anyone
>in FEA
The only time I ever had a unit die and restarted my system was when the Mirror Morgan stabbed my real Morgan.
>>
>>320650634

path of radiance isn't harder by far, even with radiant dawn having mid chapter saving.
>>
>>320650882
>Jesus Christ
Your reason as to why your post is immune from criticism is "I was just sharing my experience anon." when it was only even tangentially related to the topic because you changed the parameters of the discussion.
That's the definition of blogposting.
>>
>>320650596
Well, yeah, but who really uses those?
>>320650634
Well chapter 1 is pretty ball bustingly hard
and the end chapter where you split your groups, I fucked up and that desert level was frustrating as fuck
>>
>not a masochist

You forget.
You're on /v/.
/v/ likes to claim it's good at games, struggle through the genuinely hard things, and come out claiming it was simple.
>>
>>320651045
OP shared his experience with the game but I can't? I did the same thing OP did but I provided more details. How is that "tangentially related"?
>>
>>320651275
>OP shared his experience with the game but I can't?
Yours isn't on-topic. He just played the game. You had to go "Well, here's MY story, guys. Sure OP simply played the game, but I decided to skip all of the conventions that were added to the game and that made it SO MUCH harder! God, the game is great for that! Subscribe to my youtube channel!"
For fuck's sake, you didn't even use ">" to make a list like a normal person. It's like this is your first day here from another website.
>>
>>320651687
This is some next level autism. Have fun dude.
>>
>>320651927
>implying >>320649883 isn't next level autism
Look at this shit. It's a block of text about a challenge run in one of the easiest games in a series.
>>
>>320651927
Fuck off, blogposter.
>>
reported
>>
File: 1438415922400.png (11 KB, 197x288) Image search: [Google]
1438415922400.png
11 KB, 197x288
>>320648440
How far are you? It might be okay for a little bit, but once you get your genetically perfect super soldiers and pair them up you can basically just send 2 sets of paired up units and steamroll the maps
>>
>>320652649
you don't even really need eugenics to steamroll desu
>>
>>320652649
>tfw Awakening didn't have a character dynamic like Lyn, Sain, and Kent
I was disappointed when I realized my green and red knights were Stahl and Sully. Like, they're both ok characters, but they never talk in a cutscene again after their first mission, not counting Kjelle's mission.
>>
>>320652845
I was more meaning that the children are super overpowered rather than eugenics, but I worded it bad. But yeah, I just paired up whoever I wanted and still destroyed everything easily.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.