[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to decide between buying Mario & Luigi: Dream
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: paperjam.jpg (2 MB, 1863x1704) Image search: [Google]
paperjam.jpg
2 MB, 1863x1704
I'm trying to decide between buying Mario & Luigi: Dream Team or the new Paper Jam. I've only played Partners in Time so far and I liked it. Any advice?
>>
Honestly, Paper Jam has the better mechanics and gameplay, but dream team has the better story and characters, also papercraft battles in paper jam are shit, giant luigi battles are better.
>>
Play Superstar Saga
>>
>>320640464
pretty much this

Stay away from Paper Jam. unless you don't mind filler sections and copypasted assets.
>>
The original and Bowser's Inside Story are the best ones. Play those first.
>>
>>320639781
Either go back and play Superstar Sage or Bowser's Inside Story, they're the best of the series
>>
>>320640464
I think I saw a giant luigi battle in one of the trailers for paper jam, or am I pulling that out of my ass?
>>
>>320642851

One of the Bro. Attacks uses the Giant Luigi model.
>>
>>320641401
>copypasted assets
Why does everybody keep saying that like it's a bad thing? Dream Team has gorgeous sprites and models. It'd be a waste to not use them again, especially when you're developing a sequel on the same system.
>>
Both, although Paper Jam has the better story (not that it means a lot either way), and the better art direction. Also more difficult battles, but less interesting overworld.
>>
>>320639781
You should play dream team, tutorials aside it's a really good game.
>>
>>320639781
>I've only played Partners in Time so far and I liked it
Well then it doesn't matter which one you buy since your taste is shit
>>
>>320639781
both
>>
Son you got the wrong priorities

Play yourself some Superstar Saga, then BiS, THEN deal with the tail end of the series
>>
>>320641612
Oh wow, a tripfag is right for once.

jk boco you're pretty chill
>>
Neither are particularly good. I didn't drop Paper Jam midway through so I guess I'd say that one's the better game.
>>
DT>SSS>PJ>BIS>PiT>>>>>>>BIS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BIS
>>
File: SS.jpg (67 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
SS.jpg
67 KB, 466x700
>>320639781
Both of them suck ass, honestly.
Dream Team is an annoying, horribly designed mess, and Paper Jam isn't interesting in the slightest, with the worst introduced mechanics and minigames to date.

At least it has less gyro control shit.

I don't get why people even praise this series, they are incredibly easy, mediocre in design, and have awful story and characterization to even help you push forward. THis is nothing like Mario RPG on the SNES or Thousand Year Door, they are just safe cash ins.
>>
>>320647065
Are you a planeswalker or something? How do you get multiple copies of BiS with varying quality?
>>
>>320647205
ttyd was 64 but worse
>>
>>320643528
It really isn't. Its not a good game in the slightest. It's just a copy/paste from BiS with worst everything.
>>
>>320647257
i cant say sorry
>>
>>320641401
>2D game uses the same assets from the last game that was also on the same hardware
oh no
>>
Play SSS and BIS first. You should also check out SMRPG if it interests you.
>>
File: mario rpgs.png (1 MB, 1036x1842) Image search: [Google]
mario rpgs.png
1 MB, 1036x1842
>>320647205
Superstar Saga is great, almost on par with 64.
Bowser's Inside Story was great, it was sort of a character study for Bowser and it was a lot of fun. The writing was good, the story was good, it was funny, and it had some touching moments like LotSS, PM, and SSS before it.
>>
>>320647425
You just did say sorry though.

Commas, man. Important stuff. Pay attention in english class next time
>>
>>320648204
Oh my god finally a tier ranking I completely agree with 100 percent
>>
I'm enjoying Paper Jam, the papercraft battles are okay. Much more gameplay than the giant luigi battles.

Bosses are hard as well
>>
>>320647305
I liked that you're going to different areas to uncover an ancient secret and find Peach rather than just save Peach.
>>
>>320648258
no i type the way i want it doesnt even mater you baby king
>>
>>320648204
Put Paper Jam in Good tier and Sticker Star in Meh tier
>>
>>320648204
Switch paper jam and partners and it's perfect.
>>
>>320648453
I thought the papercraft battles were sluggish, clumsy chores. Only the Yoshi and fire Mario ones stood out, but those were still ridiculously unfun. Also the Toad sprites stylized, they looked really out of place, like they're from a NSMB DS minigame.

>>320648532
.>>320648602
nah
>>
BiS was boring as shit.
>>
>>320648745
aren't stylized, I meant
>>
>>320648204
This might be the first ranking image I agree 100%
>>
>>320648745
yah
>>
Gameplay wise Paper Jam is at it's best
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.