[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>oh hey it's [whatever] Civ, they have a cute unit and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: civ5[1].jpg (62 KB, 530x350) Image search: [Google]
civ5[1].jpg
62 KB, 530x350
>oh hey it's [whatever] Civ, they have a cute unit and trait
>maybe I'll try for something other than military victory this time
>end up just going for military victory

Quick, give me a map type and civ that is fun to play without just rushing Ideology to get them 6 free Foreign Legionarres and Rape Of Nankinging the big culture guy.
>>
Netherlands focused on food and tall cities
I want to see your secondary cities reach 40 pop anon
>>
>>320635668
>I want to see your secondary cities reach 40 pop
You say it like this is supposed to be a hard thing
>>
>>320635668
What's the sweet spot number of cities?
I try to make 5 tops and my happiness is tanked until you spend half the game building Zoos but I see the computer Siam somehow gets away with like fucking 15 cities.
>>
>>320635991
Just make friends with trade city-states.
>>
>>320635991
The CPU doesn't get penalized the same way as the player does.
>>
File: 2015-12-18_00002.jpg (322 KB, 1914x1052) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-18_00002.jpg
322 KB, 1914x1052
>>320635668
ok we're doing it
>>
>>320637261
Should just play Venice or whatever that Civ is where you can't found new cities.

Even then I just go military on everyone's ass. There's no reason not to, the only thing Civ 5 improved on its predecessors was the new combat system and even then it can get tedious.
>>
Does anyone else find waging war tedious, especially early on?
>>
>>320638381
The reason is because of the hex grid makes rearranging your attackers take many turn, and the only way to kill cities is to alphastrike them with lots of simultaneous ranged attackers, which means spending 10+ turns encircling the city first.
>>
Play for the achievements as a goal instead of just to win. Or simply force yourself to win by any other means than military instead of just going the easy way.
>>
>>320638381
That's because the map generation is no where near optimized to the 1UPT-system.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.