[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm playing this game and just got to the Empire's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 192x263) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 192x263
I'm playing this game and just got to the Empire's capital city. I just realized Vaan has no reason for being on this adventure.
>>
He wants to be a sky pirate and fly an airship!
>>
>>320625643
Eye candy for girls.
>>
Neither does the player, really.
>>
Nor does Penello. They were added after the story was written if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: 874.png (93 KB, 339x321) Image search: [Google]
874.png
93 KB, 339x321
>>320625643

If you play the game pretending Balthier's the main character, the game is instantly 3x more enjoyable. First time playing I was bored to death and couldn't finish... 2nd time (above method), I got exactly 100 hours of play time.
>>
>>320625643
He's the camera-man

Actually he's supposed to be the player's self insert, but he's devoid of any character or real motivation. He's better in Dissidia strangely.
>>
OP here again. Penelo just said that Vaan has changed a lot since Rabanastre. I guess I completely missed all of his character development, then.
>>
>>320626563
I just pretended basche and ashe were dual mains
>>
>>320626335
don't forget us gays you fuck
>>
>>320626921

But Balthier's the leading man.
>>
>Orphan wants to get out, see the world and make a name for himself

Color me surprised
>>
File: 1448889477474.jpg (202 KB, 887x900) Image search: [Google]
1448889477474.jpg
202 KB, 887x900
No one has really a reason to be there aside from ashe, and ashe herself is just a occuria mindless fuck pet.

This game would be much better if you could play as vayne+cid.
>>
>>320625643

He is meant to be the ingame representation of you the player so the game can explain everything to him instead of you. So yeah utterly pointless. Penelo only exists as a reason for Vaan to be included in the story.

Careful though someone is bound to post the giant wall of text that tries to explain why Vaan is the best character ever put into a video game and that no one understands him.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.