[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1 month after release, 33% off on the origin web store, sell
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 14
File: battlefront.jpg (273 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
battlefront.jpg
273 KB, 1920x1080
1 month after release, 33% off on the origin web store, selling for $40 from most big box retailers.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/

the 24 peak right now is like 16000 players on pc, 1 month after release.

Everyone knows what went wrong, but what needs to happen to save battlefront?
this has happened before. Counter Strike GO was fucking garbage on release, and now it's the 2nd most played game on steam
Even inside EA, Dice managed to fix the mess that was battlefield 4, and right now Nearly double the amount of players are playing that right now over battlefront.

So give your wishlist of things that need to happen to save battlefront.
>>
File: fighter squad.jpg (267 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fighter squad.jpg
267 KB, 1920x1080
I think voice chat and a server browser would help, and if not a server browser, than an improvement to the current matchmaking.

when player counts drop below 10000, I'm having trouble just getting into a game on the east coast. I can't play, even if I want to.
>>
I want more content
blasters, maps, vehicles, everything
the season pass shouldn't contain more content than the base game.
>>
all the star wars fans are sleepinf right now cause they went and saw the movie
>>
A sale a week before christmas isn't indicative of bad sales.

That doesn't mean Battlefront isn't a trainwreck. I'm just saying
>>
>>320624229
Mostly just needs more content
>More maps
>More heroes
>More guns
>More power ups
>Clones vs Droids
>Conquest mode
>Space battles
>Real heroes vs villain mode
>Squads

Gameplay changes
>Class system, especially medic/anti-vehicle
>Vehicles that aren't power ups
>>
>>320624229
Y'know what would really save it?
a single player campaign
>>
make all the planned dlc free
>>
i would like it if they would fucking buff imperial ships already. theres literally no reason to get in one if the enemy already has a-wings in the air. its just suicide
>>
squads
environmental destruction
more map interaction, rather than playing CP with Star Wars happening in the background
combined arms
actual player control over winning / losing a map
improved spawns
improved gun handling
improved load-out options
bigger map to allow for all of this

basically they made a vapid children's game with random win conditions that can't really be controlled (hold CPs all game, but victory will still be decided by the final automated bombing run nearly every single game, feels out of the team's hands), they would need to make a whole new game to make it any good whatsoever. having partners instead of squads removes the feeling of working a slow push to victory, every single objective i've ever taken feels like i got lucky and ran in randomly when spawns had changed so no one around to stop me.
>>
>>320625759
honestly, if they did what battlefield 4 did and added even more dlc free on top of the paid dlc, that'd be good.

>>320625605
I like the current style of heros vs villians, round based combat, but there's not enough heros right now. Once we get 4 new promised heros and villians from the season pass, we'll be in business.

fuck clones vs droids, prequels suck, i'd rather have more aliens for the rebels and storm trooper variants for the empire.

A conquest mode set up similarly to the red orchestra 2 multiplayer campaign system would be cool.

we have space battles in fighter squadron, quit bitching. we just need more fighters that do different things and more objectives besides shoot the shuttles
>>
>>320626047
turning point makes it a little more combined arms. Jakku in general is a fun map.
better spawns, squad systems WITH SQUAD LEADER ONLY SPAWN,
>>
just lower the god damn price
>>
File: 1449770129939.jpg (11 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
1449770129939.jpg
11 KB, 325x325
>>320624229

>So give your wishlist of things that need to happen to save battlefront.

Another game, one that isn't a shiny turd. One with vehicles that aren't power ups and absolute ass controls. One with good gameplay. One not made by jews.
>>
>>320626397
I don't get why but in some countries the game was 40 dollars from day one. Hell, the ultimate edition was only 70 bucks.
>>
>>320626082
The prequels suck but clones work just as a change of pace especially since the teams flip sides each round, it would be nice if they switched to clones as well.

Fighter squadron isn't really a game mode, it's flying around aimlessly shooting anything that comes close while hoping no one locks onto you.

Space battles was objective based and you could fly around or land inside the ship and attack from the inside.
>>
>>320624229

They did the same thing with BF4 and hardline, both went on sale for 30-40 bucks almost right after launch.
>>
>>320624229

I needs to be more like Battlefront (or shit, even battlefield) and less like call of duty.

Furthermore it needs to EXPAND upon Battlefront 2, not take features out of it.
>>
>>320624229
>BF4 for 10 dollars
if you had fun with battlefield in the past, i recommend picking it up.
>>
I just wanted it to crash and burn after that awful beta.
I got my wish.
>>
>>320624229
>add bots (which should have been in the game in the first place)
>suddenly not finding 40 people to start a match doesn't matter and they can fill it up continiously instead
Wow, so hard to fix guys. EA and DICE are just completely incompetent and they fucked it up hard.
>>
File: jango.jpg (87 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
jango.jpg
87 KB, 768x432
CLONE WARS
L
O
N
E

W
A
R
S
>>
>>320624229
Dropping Origin would be a first step.
>>
>>320626812
>no more purple elite storm troopers with shoulder laser cannons
This game fucking sucks.
>>
File: 1450297382343.jpg (78 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1450297382343.jpg
78 KB, 550x550
>>320626812
This, seriously.

It's fucking unacceptable that a 6th gen game has more content than an 8th gen one.

Fuck you Disney for cancelling the original Battlefront III.
>>
>prone
>rolling
>actual classes
>command posts
>either meaningful customization or none at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
Free Radical had it done right.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 478x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 478x439
>>320624229
Should I buy the game now?

I just got backed from watching the new movie and my dick is rock solid. I want to play a Star Wars game right now.
>>
File: 1440002773973.jpg (213 KB, 826x720) Image search: [Google]
1440002773973.jpg
213 KB, 826x720
>>320628001
These were my feelings after seeing that movie as well. One day later, I still have them. Help.
>>
Even if matchmaking worked perfectly, the problem is the core gameplay.

Now that most players have the DL-44 and various 1-shot star cards, players don't tend to live that long. Low player life spans wouldn't be a huge problem if there was some way to adapt to the challenges each map presents, but there isn't. No squads, no voip, no control over spawning locations, no choice but sprinting mindlessly along with the rest of the wave to the fight which, if on the right map, could be as much as 200 meters. The inability to at least bring in multiple hands to each match means if you brought in a hand that isn't particularly useful, you're fucked and since there are no support based star cards, the only way to help your teammates is to kill the enemy better, meaning new players are dead weight to any team, where in Battlefield, they could at least throw down medkits or ammo.

The game slapped together the worst parts of Battlefield and Call of Duty. New players are put at the bottom of a totem pole of sodomy and there's no real way to overcome it as a team. The game treats its players the same way Hardline treats the collapsing crane in its main map; a big set piece, predetermined to do certain things and given no real purpose beyond making trailers and Lets Play footage enticing.
>>
>>320624229
to anyone who hates EA this might cheer you up
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-star-wars-battlefront-assassins-creed-syndi/1100-6432535/
>>
>>320624229
They need to rebalance EVERYTHING
>Hitscan sniper rifles when everything else is projectile based and you need to pull a lead
>homing missiles that target individual players and have a 90% chance of hitting them
>jetpack doesn't unlock until level 13
>objectively superior weapon unlocks
>time to kill is shorter than fucking CoD, and it would be entirely a contest of who sees who first if it weren't for the fact that one player will always hopelessly outgun the other
Who the fuck thought any of this shit was a good idea?
>>
>>320628082
I know man. I'm probably going to buy the game and later regret it. But I'm not neet so it's just money senpai.
>>
>>320625253
You know, it's sorta weird.

I hear the argument about more weapons/blasters all the time, I even find myself feeling the same way. But if you think about it, it's not really any different than other FPS games in terms of weapon variety. Most games are just weapons with different stat variations, the only difference is we have laser/gas weapons as the focus rather than bullets.

What is it about the blasters that makes it all feel exactly the same even though they perform differently? Lack of attachments maybe?
>>
>>320628082
>>320628001
Jedi academy lads
>>
>>320628001
>>320628082
You might as well, you probably spent that much money last night on a bag of popcorn
>>
They should add the missing 50-60% of the game.
>>
>>320628414
I cant this hard enough

>>320628385
Add more weapons, but give me an option to make all the players look like they're using the default guns. I don't care if I'm at a disadvantage. Seeing Stormtroopers run around with Han's pistol triggers autism I didn't even know I had.

Let me do the same to the Stormtrooper's character customization while I'm at it.
>>
>>320627838
this makes me so upset.
>>
What was the reason for no in game voice chat or generic voice commands?
>>
>>320628646
I have a small hope that the alpha files are still out there, and one day they might be leaked and made playable.
>>
>>320628736
Everything design decision about the game seems to be intended to deincentivize teamwork or strategy and put as much weight as possible on the gear a player has unlocked. Even if you were able to talk to people, the lack of control over which spawn point you spawn at would make it pretty hard to coordinate.
>>
>>320628414
I've already beaten that game. Femjaden made my dick hard as well.
>>
More heroes.
Replace survival enemies with Sand people, Ewoks, Wompas etc.
Make vehicles actual vehicles instead of power-ups.
Add space battles.
Bounty hunt mode where you can play as Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, or IG-88 and try to hunt the most bounties.
>>
>>320628990
Then get involved with the crazy stupid online community that still plays it.
>>
>>320624229
›what needs to happen to save battlefront?

Nothing.
EA doesn't need to save Battlefront. Normies and Star Wars' brain dead fans already bought the game and the season pass.

This game was literally a cash grab since for the new movie.

EA doesn't need to fix shit. They won and you can't do shit to change that fact.
>>
>>320626397
It's $40 right now for the base game. For $40, I think it's a great fucking game.
>>
>>320627176
Origin doesn't have shovelware like steam,
you have control over your name, unlike uplay.
seriously, origin is good and minimalist. It's not hot fucking garbage like uplay.
>>
>>320628001
>>320628082
battlefront IS on sale, right now
>>
>>320629846
my wife really likes their cloud save feature since she put in over 650 hours on DA:I and ran out of saves in game.
>>
>>320630071
thanks you unbelievable faggot. FUCK why did I think I could be on the internet and not spoil the movie for myself.
>>
>>320630071
I've seen that spoiler but physically seeing a screenshot..

Han no ;_;
>>
>>320630071
I already saw the movie but just one question. Why you do this? I honestly want to know.
>>
>>320629994
>my wife
I'm surprised there's nothing about Detroit in this post. Or is that the joke?

JUST in case.
>>
>>320630663
i dont understand. Is this that "Wife's Son" meme?
>>
The only person disgusting you more than everyone else is each and everyone of yourself
>>
>>320630071
Got this spoiled the night before I watched the movie.

Heart was beating out of my chest as I waited for it to happen. What was really surprising was that the audience was completely silent
>>
>>320630978
No, anon. Someone just mentions their wife coming back from Detroit and everyone else makes interracial cuckoldry jokes.

Its more of a /tv/ thing, but they're too busy shitposting about Star Wars right now.
>>
>>320624229
>but what needs to happen to save battlefront?
They could start with making a Battlefront game instead of simply using the name.
>>
>>320625605
Also stopping when you melee needs to be addressed
>>
>>320628001
I'm playing rouge squadron 2 for my star wars fix
>>
>>320624229
>Combined arms gamemodes on big maps+space battles
>Heroes are awarded to players based on game performance (I.E. people who complete objectives are given a choice to spawn as a hero)
>Varied class system
>at least 4 player squads
>>
>>320627721
Disney didnt cancel that, the cancer at lucas arts did
>>
>>320631215
oh ok. I cant be bothered to keep up with all the memes. Thanks anon.
>>
>>320627136

Holy shit is that how bad the CGI was? I havent watched them since they came out.
>>
>>320631975
I'm having a marathon with my gf and her friends tonight. Kill me.
>>
>>320630626
People have fun by being assholes, more at 11.
>>
>>320624229
Honestly? This shit doesn't deserve saving. They fucked up so bad that throwing in a dozen more maps and vehicles and nerfing the broken heroes would be no better than polishing a turd.
Let it die, brush it under the carpet, and pray to god that everybody forgets this cancerous lump of shit ever existed. couple of years down the line reboot the franchise again and use the previous titles as inspiration rather than making battlefield with stormtroopers.
>>
File: 1447446155558.jpg (58 KB, 560x571) Image search: [Google]
1447446155558.jpg
58 KB, 560x571
>No galactic conquest where the teams vote on the next move
>>
They used the Battlefront name and forgot to bring over any of the features. There's just no content or depth, I don't know why they opted for random power ups instead of vehicle spawn points and heroes as rewards for playing well, they were either being lazy or were just trying to appeal to 6 year olds playing with their dads. If they hadn't decided to create a gimped Battlefield instead of BFII sequel, things could have gone differently.

I'm serious, it really does feel as if the game was set out to be even closer to Battlefield, but during development they opted to start removing features that would have caused more fan anger. That's how bare bones the game feels.
>>
>>320632378

I dont understand why they removed classes, both Battlefront AND Battlefield had them.

>tfw can't be Engineer
>>
>>320630356
People have been getting banned for spoiling star wars if it makes you feel any better. Also, having seen the movie, this scene was predictable as fuck. Having it spoiled won't detract from the movie too much.
>>
>>320632541
okay. Thanks anon. I'm actually going to watch it tonight. Almost made it...
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-22+at+05.56.19).jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-22+at+05.56.19).jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
>>320624229

Documented fucking patch changes for one. on the general thread that was up for a few weeks we were guessing what changes were made and slowly added them to the OP.

Game absolutely needs more maps and more customization, CSGO is played so much by casuals partly due to the weapon skins alone. Dont necessarily need weapon skins but more changes to the body/outfit would be nice than a simple head change and emotes for customization.

Honestly if the game just HAD more maps and maybe a few more guns, im sure people would come back also they need to fix the game as it is. You still cant have a secondary loadout save for whatever reason and empire aircraft straight up lose to rebel aircraft. Besides that, fix the match making or gives a server browser, ontop of letting the match start with 10 people total for supremacy instead of 30.
>>
>>320632541
Was it any good?
>>
>>320631975

Dont rewatch clone wars. I think there isnt a straight up scene where it isnt CGI a bit and since its everywhere its noticeable and hasnt aged well at ALL.
>>
>>320631162
Same thing happened to me. Had it spoiled on Wednesday by people on /v/. Saw the movie last night and the whole scene I was anxious waiting for it to happen.

The entire theater was dead silent except for the dumb chick behind me actually fucking crying. Other than that, nothing.
>>
>>320633280
It was pretty entertaining for me. Story was run of the mill star wars but it made some pretty interesting promises for the sequels.
>>
File: freedom.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
freedom.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>320625253
>>320625605
I can't imagine that the real crux of the criticisms is just content. The gameplay is so shallow, and it's becuase of everything.. map design, spawns, vehicle performance, card gameplay and loadouts, low amounts of mobility vs. how effective everything is at range, etc.

>>320626656
>tfw they probably can't make droids interesting with that ludicrous CD system

>>320624229
The only reason CSGO gets so much more traffic is because it has that whole economy system. Players can make the equivalent of real money with it. The game's really shallow and repetitive.

I said before there were even Battlefront gameplay trailers that what would stop me from buying it was no roll. Just as predicted, the gameplay without it is the trivial and uninteresting. Beyond that, though, the card system makes it even worse, from CDs (even on vehicles -- a huge problem for depth) through how effective everything is at all ranges, through every character potentially having a sniper rifle or multiple and infinite grenades.

Nothing about the game design promotes team play, especially not as the classes do in the originals because of their limitations and ranges and benefits. Even the hero gameplay is worse than other jedi games, and plausibly Bfront II as well. Literally the only thing that the remake has over the originals is graphics, basically.
>>
>>320633280
A New Hope 2.0 not necessarily bad
Mary Sue was annoying
rest of the characters were alright
>>
>>320634105
>The only reason CSGO gets so much more traffic is because it has that whole economy system. Players can make the equivalent of real money with it. The game's really shallow and repetitive.
Then explain why 1.6 and CSS was relevant for so long.
>>
>>320624229

tHe next expansion DLC needs to add a new layer to the combat theatres.

Either Exo-Atmospheric player mobility (I.E flying through the atmosphere to participate in space battles) or an entirely different Era
>>
>>320634259
were*
>>
>>320634196
I was surprised to hear that /v/ overall liked Finn more than the memeing would lead you to expect and that the girl was the main source of annoyance

and was Kylo Ren the prince Zuko type character that was expected?
>>
File: Ace.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Ace.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>320626047
>squads
Squad spawning is the worst mechanic in all of the shooter niche, maybe right on par with randomization. Suspension of disbelief and fluidity. I can't clear an area if some dude is sitting behind something re-apparating his whole squad.

>>320634259
Bunny hopping / nothing else to do.
>>
They actually made a game that was too casual for normies to enjoy
>>
>hurr durr lets give everyone who preorders one of the strongest guns in the game
>that way even shitters with zero FPS skills can one shot you!!!
Whoever thought this was a good idea needs to be castrated. The weapon balance and balance altogether is fucking trash in this game. No skill to be found anywhere.
>>
>>320624229
Server browser
more game types
clone wars
space battles
single/co-op campaign
galactic conquest
free maps THAT weren't cut from the original game

everyone knows exactly what this game needs already.
>>
>>320634259
Cause they were actually good games.
>>
File: pwnd.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
pwnd.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>320629698
Whether or not it's purchased -- if its player count is fucking abysmal, there's no denying the whole-market realization that it's an awful game. That is potentially DICE/EA being relegated from the design position, if not just a better series.
>>
Literally all they had to do was remaster battlefront 2. That's literally it.
>>
File: ^_^.png (26 KB, 378x149) Image search: [Google]
^_^.png
26 KB, 378x149
>>320629965
IKR.
>>
>>320624229
>So give your wishlist of things that need to happen to save battlefront.
A time machine, the only way to fix it is to implement all the shit it's missing, like a campaign, space battles, on-map vehicles, etc. etc. Shit can't just get fixed with a few band-aids when it's fundamentally broken at it's core.
>>
I think its just Fallout 4 stealing the spot.

Between that and another Battlefield reskinned they chose Fallout 4.
It is likely people will buy the game later on when they add Episode VII dlc
>>
>>320624229
nothing. who the hell is STILL playing reskinned battlefield in 2015? yeah cool its pretty and its star wars, in every other fucking way its a boring shitty cash grab that a lot of people bought and just arent playing because it says star wars on the box. we knew a year ahead of time the game would be shit

how to fix the game:
play star wars mods for other current games, play actually good star wars games, play tabletop star wars with some friends, forget that the Battlefront Dice reboot doesn't exist
>>
>>320634516
It completely removes tactical awareness of the map as well. There's no reason to learn the map, there are no spawn points or important choke points to remember because anyone can just spawn anywhere.
>>
>>320624229
>but what needs to happen to save battlefront?

Just give away the Season Pass for free.
>>
>>320628082
>>320628001

>was going to take 4 year old to see said movie said
>Little booger loved the fuck out of the old trilogy, and watching me play my Battlefront Rental
>He's got some kinda flu/virus going on.

Well shit.
>>
Despite what memers will tell you, DICE games have great longevity.

BF3 still has a decent amount of players and BF4 has a thriving population on both the PC and PS4.

I'm not saying that will be the case with Battlefront but history says it will be fine.
>>
I think it's pretty fun, I'd buy the season pass but with the low sales I don't think it'd be worth it.
>>
>>320636071
>tfw Bfront II
>on an opponent team's capture point, in the silence of them potentially spawning right there
>>
>>320636261
History says it won't be because those games had more depth and content and didn't immediately turn off lots of dedicated players with insultingly casual mechanics. SW Battlefront is already on life support after a month and it's not going to get any better unless EA decides to give away the season pass for free or something else that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening.
>>
>>320634271
>tfw >>320627838

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96 KB, 1280x720
>>320624229
Galactic fucking conquest. That's all I ever wanted, man.

Also if they're going to make experience based around DLC (there's already literally more content projected in the DLC's than came with the game) they should add new eras. I want stuff from the new movie, and maybe eventually Clone Wars stuff too.
>>
>>320624229
don't save it. It's broken beyond saving.

Let it fail and let the industry learn.
>>
>>320637275
It's not broken, it's just lacking in content. That can definitely be fixed
>>
>>320624229
when they add a good story campaign with space battles and price drop to 20$, maybe i pick it up.
>>
Storm Troopers need fucking armor customization. I don't give a fuck about what they look like under that helmet, that's not why you play as a fucking stormtrooper.
>>
>>320637457
Yeah, they just need to change how everything works so it's more like the actual Battlefronts instead of an afront to the battle.

Like holy shit, I understand animating a roll is hard (especially when you have to make rocks look so pretty), but god damn everything feels so stiff/stunted with invisible walls, shitty guns, and such a low feeling of freedom I couldn't circle around a fucking hill to ambush the guys on top. There's so much wrong with this game besides a lack of content that I would deem it broken as fuck. If you can't walk a small path around a hill because of RETURN TO BATTLEFIELD then it's already shit.
>>
>>320637457
they would have to completely overhaul the game mechanics to make it any fun to play.

Why do you want to save it? Let this be a warning to the electronic old men.

Evolve and Battlefront crashing and burning is some of the best things to happen to this industry
>>
>>320637979
+1
>>
An actual Battlefront game and not Battlefield: Star Wars
>>
>>320638041
But he's right.
It isn't too late for you to return the game, is it? I can understand you having some denial.
>>
>BF4 released with few maps, terrible servers
>now, after all the DLC, it's actually a pretty good game
>still gets FREE UPDATES

Just gotta wait for the Premium edition of Battlefront to sell for a price point people are willing to buy. I waited until BF4 was $20 for premium and am enjoying it a lot.
>>
>>320638093
To be honest its not even battlefield star wars edition. Its a half baked release just for fan service because film was around the corner which equals more sales.
>>
>>320638093
Is this bait?
It's been said a million times, The game would have been much better if it was Battlefield: Star Wars
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.