[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The movie got me in the mood for some Star Wars story game. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (791 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.png
791 KB, 1024x576
The movie got me in the mood for some Star Wars story game. I know it's a shit tier game, but JUST FOR STORY, is it worth a one month sub?
>>
>>320622782
no need for sub if you want to do the story.
In my opinion it is worth it tho
>>
File: 1448981020197.jpg (401 KB, 1928x2700) Image search: [Google]
1448981020197.jpg
401 KB, 1928x2700
I liked it, really enjoyed my Sith Warrior playthrough.
>>
If you do not have Raven or Hutt Cartel expansion, get the one month of sub. If you have it, fuck it.
>>
>/v/ likes swtor now
Im happy, but what? It was shit on like hell
>>
so this is best game to feel unlimited powah of teh Siz lord?
>>
>>320623182
I think most people would agree its only worth playing through for the story
>>
>>320623448
I also like it for raids
>>
>>320622782
It's double xp from now till the end of the month also so you'll level even faster.
>>
I liked it. they recently changed things to make leveling faster, so you'll play for the story but not get bogged down in quite as many "kill 10 x side quests."

they also made all the companions capable of performing any role, so you don't have to gear you companions or decide between them for tank/heal/dps
>>
what server are most of you guys on? Or is it mega server
>>
>>320623448
Honestly this would've been a pretty good single player game with multiplayer elements (pvp, raids).
>>
>>320622782
Actually it's probably the best mmo on the market

Agent is the best story. Do not play the game without a sub.

>>320623182
I doubt even 1% of the board was around when tortanic happened
>>
>>320623530
How high is the bar for entry for raiding? Do I need to be subbed
>>
>>320624202
>Actually it's probably the best mmo on the market
I was gonna say no, but really, the only competition is FF14 imo, and ff14's solution to everything is grind.

I can say that it's decent, lots of annoying things about the game still, but it could be worse. It's definitely playable.

>>320624242
Yeah, for the most part you need to sub, it's best to sub to this game as it gimps you pretty severely if you wanna do anything but story, plus I heard after 50 you have to sub. Not sure though.
>>
>>320624202
>I doubt even 1% of the board was around when tortanic happened

It's still not a masterpiece, but as someone who was curious enough to play when it launch despite the litany of bad reviews, it has definitely improved from garbage to passable.
>>
>>320624242
to raid, you need to sub. But raiding is really fun. It ties in nicely with your dailies, and I really enjoyed doing dread fortress and dread palace last year.
>>
I always hear to play SW, JK, or the spy guy for story. Does this lead to issues with congestion end game if you wanna play those classes? I want to play SW but don't want to be unneeded endgame
>>
>>320624764
>I always hear to play SW, JK, or the spy guy for story. Does this lead to issues with congestion end game if you wanna play those classes? I want to play SW but don't want to be unneeded endgame

No. In all reality, play whatever you want. None of the stories are perfect, and they all have good and bad elements to them that will either make them like or loathe them. You really shouldn't rely on /v/ for an opinion on anything.
>>
>>320624884
I think I'm set on SW then, probably Jugg
>>
>>320624764
Personally, my favorite is the Sith Sorceror by far. Trooper and Jedi Knight were good too. Play whatever you want honestly.
>>
>>320625151
How? Sorc has one of the most boring and redundant stories of all time. The ONLY good part is the very end battle which nearly makes all the build up and shit worth while.
>>
>>320622782
>>320624202
Agent is good, but if you like to play melee characters go with Sith Warrior. In my opinion that story is the most interesting.

But don't play without sub, you'll hate your inability to have matching armor
>>
It's absolute garbage in every single way and the fact that people actually defend it shows just how much neo-/v/ has become a reality.
>>
>>320622782
>is it worth a one month sub?
No, just play the stories for free if you really have to
>>
>>320624202

>best mmo on the market.
>only redeeming feature is a single player story and everyrthing else is subpar if not shit.

you 'best on the market' guys are pretty funny.
>>
>>320626070
What's a better MMO on the market, anon?
>>
>>320626070
>you 'best on the market' guys are pretty funny.

If it's best, it's 'workplace hot' styled best.

What would you consider to be a better game? Doesn't seem to be a clear winner, it's all about preference now as they all have bad shit.
>>
>>320626197
>>320626276

The problem is two things, one MMORPGs are different so people go for them for different things.

The other is that you're saying a game in a genre, which has its strength in cooperative MASSIVELY content, is good because they let you ignore the world and do a single player story.

MMOs do suck, but SWOTOR is possibly the worst MMO I've ever played. It has no redeeming massively or multiplayer qualities. The stories are good especially sith warrior but those aren't MMO features.

To put this in perspective Gw2 has better Raids and PVP than SWOTOR and Gw2 is a colossal piece of shit.
>>
>>320625412
But can I do a Sheev spin?
>>
>>320622782
Nope, better off replaying KOTOR 1 & 2. It's an MMO first and foremost, everything feels really toy-like (in a bad way) and it can barely be called an RPG (all builds are the exact same, only choices are in dialogue and they're not much of a choice anyway, or boring light/dark help/don't spare/kill stuff). Most quests are of the "kill 15/25 bots" variety.

The stories/writing really take a back seat to the part where EA wants you to sub (everything is built around that). It's hard to immerse yourself in a universe where every quest giver NPC who tells you to disable the shield generator has a queue of players who will be given the exact same quest.
>>320623448
If you're THAT hungry for MMO-tier SW "stories", sure. There's not much else at any rate. Looking back, speeding across the different planets and landscapes and finding Holocrons is probably the most fun you can have with it, but it's not much. Time better spent playing quality games, if you ask me.
>>
>>320622782
You don't need to sub. I recommend having a preferred account though. Just buy the lowest cartel coins or something. Well worth $5.
>>
>>320626645
But the old republic does have raid content, some of it is pretty fun, a lot of it is good, it's just not outstanding or the main draw.

People who say to treat it like a single-player are no different than people who do that in other games. It's not really necessary to group with people most of the time in most MMOs now. Only difference is, with SWTOR they make no secrets about purposely appealing to those people.
>>
>>320628136
>. Most quests are of the "kill 15/25 bots" variety.
Not exactly true, but I get your point, this problem isn't only a symptom of MMOs though, KOTOR had the same thing, Fallout does, as well as Xenoblade. Interesting quest design as the norm hasn't existed in a long time.
>>
>>320628996

It's sub-par, like the animations, combat, and pretty much everything else.

The reason people say to treat it like a singleplayer game is because most of the features or unique qualities of the game are basically made to people who don't want to play mmos and just want to play singleplayer gamers. There's some fun in it but it's anything but the best on the market. Saying so is a flatout lie based on the fact that the writings probably the only 'good' part about it.
>>
>>320629970
What would you consider the best atm?
>>
>>320630331

What do you want?

Instance wise Rift is alright but dead, wildstars probably the best free stuff on the market without having to deal with TERAs randomized bullshit.

GvG you're better off with EVE, Classic Lineage is alright, TERA's GvG will actually earn you a floating castle over the city. Same with pvp for that matter, unless you want instance pvp and then I can't help ya there. It's pretty much the only reason people play GW2 or CO but those are eh games.

If you want RP Gw2 is actually good for it but I mean it's RP so expect your general special snowflakes.

Nothing is the best because the genre itself sucks ass, if you enjoy SWOTOR then play it. Just don't go saying it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Every game listed has major flaws but one redeeming aspect about them.
>>
>>320631395
I wasn't that guy. Genuinely looking for an mmo
>>
>>320622782

JUST FOR STORY, you don't need to sub. Hit up a referral link from someone to get preferred shit in temp sub status and you're good to go.
>>
>>320631892

So what are you lookin for then? There's a lot of f2p stuff, just keep in mind most'll be pretty subpar community wise.
>>
>>320622782

Its totally worth a one time sub for the story. The stories arent that bad either
>>
>>320631395

I kind of want to reinstall Tera because that character maker but i feel like ill just get bored again. Actually I stopped playing around 40 I think as a priest because it felt impossible to complete any quests alone.
>>
>>320632441
Something with fun PvP where I can queue and go, not super competitive but rewarding. Also a good transmig type system

A decent dungeon system would be a plus
>>
>>320633586
>I kind of want to reinstall Tera because that character maker
You must be thinking of a different game because the character maker is awful compared to perfect world or some of the newer games.
>>
File: 2mil.jpg (289 KB, 1301x802) Image search: [Google]
2mil.jpg
289 KB, 1301x802
>>320633697
pvp can be fun but lately it's been pretty bad. There's a PVE quest the requires players to win 20 matches so you get a lot of scrubs and no gear players in a lot of matches.

Dungeons...all of them can be solo'd now, but at the lower levels they can be brutal because the tactical/bolster system will pair up high level players with abysmally low level players. End game HM Dungeons are neat but again, unless you're in a guild it's going to be hit or miss.

Not to mention all the people who have done the content hundreds of times and expect you to know all the shortcuts and shit or they will get pissy.
>>
>>320633586

Don't ever quest in tera, find people to do grinding/bams and if you're a priest ALWAYS Q up for dungeons. There's pretty obvious grind spots in tera, http://teratoday.com/content/tera-guide/tera-general-guide/tera-leveling-guide

>>320633697

Wildstar has pretty decent reward tracks so I'd say that's probably you're best bet if you want a game that's not completely dead. Leveling's pretty easy.
>>
To be honest anon, the game is not that bad now.

They have really patch it up, also it has that fuzzy feeling of mmos with low player bases.
>>
all the PvP servers say Light, assuming it's just due to time of day, which is the most populated? Or should I play a PvE?
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 640x1136
>>320624764
Light side SW is the best way to play.

>yfw a Jedi gets butthurt that you're not evil and you can tell them to calm down and control their anger
>>
>>320623068
>>320623068

>Someone else enjoyed Sith Warrior playthrough.

Fuck yeah.

>Being a resourceful cunning motherfucker is using Light Side choices as Warrior.
>>
>>320622782

If you're going into it wanting a single player story driven rpg, then yes you will be satisfied with one month's worth. Just don't look for a lot of quality MMO material.
>>
>bought Kotor since /v/ has some good opinions of it
Is the story good later? The combat is not really fun at all.
>>
>>320635429
>>320635429

That shit was hilarious.

And then his padawan turns right around and clambers around your ankles.
>>
>>320635409

Just pick whichever, Harbinger is the most populated I think. Personally I play on JC
>>
>>320635409
play pve. even at peak there's like 15 people online on the pvp servers unless you're part of a major guild.
>>
>>320635716
not really. 'kotor is good' is pretty much meme, just like V:tmb or KAIN IS DEIFIED
>>
>>320638434
Nice bait
>>
>>320622782

There's no need for sub. It's a pretty enjoyable Star Wars experience. You will be satisfied.
>>
>>320624202

I was.

>TFW been here since 2006
>this is not a badge of honor
>im fucking 26, turning 27, going nowhere in life shitposting on /v/
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.