[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_nziannzFrK1tdf11no1_1280.jpg (674 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nziannzFrK1tdf11no1_1280.jpg
674 KB, 1280x720
Why is this allowed?
>>
>>320620541
>The pits
>Not sword fighters

Okay.
>>
>>320621645
It was made by some assmad sm4sh faggots that tried and argue that there weren't too many sword fighters.
>>
>>320621771
Is it a problem if characters use swords though?
>>
>>320621961
it's a problem when too many characters use swords yes.

they all play fundamentally the same honestly.
>>
>>320622015
Well there are only so many ways to swing a sword.
Ike doesn't fight like the Links or Metaknight
>>
>>320622374
>Well there are only so many ways to swing a sword.
then there should only be so many sword characters.

>Ike doesn't fight like the Links or Metaknight
link and ike have the same down tilt.

metaknight and link have the same forward air.

they all have the same playstyles when you fight them, constantly spacing with your sword and make sure they don't get near you.
>>
>>320621645
A bow is not a sword, anon.
>>
>>320623176
A lot of the fist fighters have a PPK combo for their jab and do backwards kicks for their Bairs. Do we need so many fist fighters?
And using range to your advantage makes sense.

>>320623367
I was fooled by him using it as two swords for 80% of his attacks and bow for one.
>>
>>320623615
>A lot of the fist fighters have a PPK combo for their jab and do backwards kicks for their Bairs. Do we need so many fist fighters?
Fist fighters are unique for the most part.

Peach and mario are fundamentally different in how they fight.

Peach uses her float to control space. Mario uses his quick moves to approach quickly and beat out moves your opponents throw before they come out.

>And using range to your advantage makes sense.
they all play the same you retard.

why would we want 5 fucking characters who have the same forward air?

marth, lucina, ike, shulk, cloud.

they all have the exact same playstyle of keeping people out with their range.
>>
>>320623615

Because there's so much more you can do with bare handed

-punch
-kick
-slap
-elbow
-knee
-stomp
-scratch
-headbutt
-bodyslam
-every kind of martial arts
>>
>>320620541
>Let me place sword fighters in lines of 3 so my picture looks more bias
>>
>>320623827
forgot to mention roy has the same forward air as marth, lucina, ike, shulk, cloud.

>>320624061
they put pit/darkpit on the "energy" side.
>>
>>320623926
but dude with a sword you can
-cut up
-cut right
-cut left
-cut down
-swing
-stab right
-stab left
-stab up
-stab down
-hit with hilt
-throw sword
-spin with sword
-chop
-flip attack
etc and more
>>
>>320623176
mk isn't even about spacing, he's more about rushdown.
>>
>>320624345
he's still about spacing, keep them away until you get a dash attack then get your faggot combo.
>>
>>320623827
Mario, Dr Mario, Diddy Kong, Mii Brawler and DK functionally have the same spiking forward air.
Why do we need 5 characters with the same Fair?
The all share the same playstyle of getting up in their opponents face and hitting them up close.
>>
File: uh.png (95 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
uh.png
95 KB, 240x240
>>320620541
>Look at first 6 fighters
>5 of them from FE
No problems here.
>>
Why do so few characters use non-sword melee weapons? Why can't we have Ganon with a Trident, and why wasn't Bowser Jr using his paintbrush as a spear?
>>
The issue is all the sword fighters look fucking similar. They look like they come from modern Japanese anime not so much a video game like the other characters.
>>
>>320624476
>The all share the same playstyle of getting up in their opponents face and hitting them up close.
nice try

marios playstyle is rush down with short range but quick moves.

dr marios playstyle is combo heavy, hes much slower so he cant rush down as quick so he wins by comboing off of grabs when they do fuck up.

diddy kongs playstyle is defensive and mixup oriented, he waits until they hit your shield and punishes with banana, or he uses the sideB/banana mix up since people forget he can still grab while he has a banana in hand.

mii brawlers playstyle is similar to marios.

DK's playstyle is spacing and read heavy. He tries to space out with long range limbs but his kill options are mostly from grabs that he gets from hard reads.
>>
>>320620541
I wouldn't mind the swordfighters so much if they all didn't look genericallly animu. Outside Meta Knight, Toon Link, and Mii Sword they all follow that general style.
>>
>robin
>sword fighter

Uhh no, he's a fucking wizard
>>
>>320624983
A wizard with a sword.
>>
>>320624983
fights mostly with swords m8 and it doesn't help that his game is keep away with sword and projectiles much like toon link.

I do like robin because of his spell combos though.
>>
>>320624751
I feel like you're being a bit biased and over generalising the sword users play. Especially with how ike is slower, Shulk has Monado Arts and Link has projectiles unlike the Marth 3.
>>
Corrin's not a sword fighter.

Pretty much every character in the right collumn has more physical punching/kicking moves then corrin does sword moves.
>>
>>320625062
Ganondorf and pit also have swords, that doesn't make them a sword fighters
>>
>>320625242
I've played every sword user and they all have the same fucking gameplan of spacing them out and not letting them get near you.

All of those small changes are nice but they don't really change any sword fighters plan of playing keep away.

You can argue metaknight and pit's are exceptions since they are generally more about looking for openings since their sword moves aren't as good but they still want to keep you out generally.
>>
>>320625346
>fight with two swords that piece together for one attack
>Call it a bow

The japanese never cease to amaze me.
>>
>>320625346
>and pit also have swords, that doesn't make them a sword fighters
you have to be brain dead retarded to think pit/darkpit are not sword fighters.
>>
>>320624302
>no halfswording
>>
>>320624061
The hell are you talking about? If sword part was 5 fighters in line it'd be even shorter
>>
>>320625450
Have you played Ike?
Ike is mucho strong. Best tactic with him is to get right in your opponents face and swing. Hes such a heavy hitter that people will back away from you so you just gotta keep pushing so they dont get a chance to breath.
Add that to the swords extra reach and your set up real well
>>
>>320626010
>Best tactic with him is to get right in your opponents face and swing.
go ahead and try that and watch your ass get handed.

Watch ryo if you want to see a good ike, he's all about spacing well.
>>
>ZSS should be in energy/projectiles

The problem here OP is not that there are less sword fighters than others, it's that the sword category is dominated entirely by one series, and they all play extremely similarly to one another. There's so much variety in representation in the other categories like smash should be, and then you have Sword Emblem sitting there.
>>
>>320624302

So basically

>swing
>stab
>throw it away because a sword is fucking stupid
>>
>>320626103
And yet it works.
You seem to have this idea that each character only has one definitive tactic to win.
When everybody plays the same, who wins?
Fucking idiot
>>
>>320625875
Because it looks to take up as many rows as the other sections it looks like there are more swordfighters than there are.
If they were laid out the same as the other two sections Swordfighters would only just make three lines.
It's not wrong but it's a visual bias
>>
>>320624302
And you can also use your legs and free arm too.
>>
>>320626427
>punch
>kick

Well that's one less thing than swords have
>>
>>320626547
I think you're missing the point of the image, it's not biased -against- sworders, but for them, otherwise Pit who has questionable position with his swordbowsword would be among sworders
>>
>>320626667

-Knee
-Slap
-elbow
-different forms of martial arts
-bodyslam
-headbutt
-scratch
-stomp

Learn to read
>>
You can tell who is actually bad at Smash by their opinions on how characters play. The only characters we have an excess of is Marth, and Roy was a requested fighter.
>>
>>320621645
Dagger fighters. You can't do what they do with a sword.
>>
>>320625260
>>
>>320629807
Their bow daggers are longer than MK's sword
>>
>>320622015
>they all play fundamentally the same honestly.
The clones do. That's really it.
>>
>>320626191
>and they all play extremely similarly to one another.
Only 3 of them do. Because two of them are clones of one character
>>
>>320620541
NO BELMONT
FUCK
>>
>>320626838
Because swordfighters don't use other means of attacks in their movesets.

>Link and Cloud have kick moves
>Ike punches for his jab
>Corrin has all sorts of dragon transformation shit
>>
>>320620541
Pac Man should be moved to the right section

Pit and Dank Pit should be moved to sword fighters because they are (don't kid yourself)

Finally the right section should just be labeled utility fighters, even though I think Peach is more of a fist fighter.
>>
>>320624302
still outpaced by the possibilities of 5 limbs and martial arts
>>
>>320631565
Many of Peach's moves are more magical in nature if you ask me.
>>
>>320620541
Why isn't charizard under fist fighter?
Most of his moves are physically attacking someone with claws, wings or stomps.
>>
>>320631805
The only deal breakers for me are the turnips and toad. Parasol and up air are the only others that might construe magical, but her fighting style otherwise is contact and very in-your-face.
>>
>>320632101
up tilt and arguably up smash (if you consider those ribbons to be magical) as well.
Also side b with the whole hearts shit is definitely magic enhanced.
Plus the floating.
So yeah it's kind of an odd mix, really.
>>
File: btfo.png (22 KB, 817x833) Image search: [Google]
btfo.png
22 KB, 817x833
>>320620541
ITS NOT FAIR
>>
>>320620541
How is bowser a fist fighter and charizard and energy fighter when charizard only has one flame move just like bowser. Wiifit and peach are both fist fighters too
>>
File: 1448056677085.gif (96 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1448056677085.gif
96 KB, 480x480
>>320620541
>Toon Link not listed under Projectile
Tell that to every faggot online
>>
>>320625670
The majority of their moves aren't with the swords.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.