[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FO4 Factions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11
File: 1450451323578.jpg (40 KB, 412x385) Image search: [Google]
1450451323578.jpg
40 KB, 412x385
So who you side with?
>>
Minutemen, because all of the factions are so fucking unlikeable and Minutemen are just the fallback route.
>>
>>320616406
Long live the Brotherhood!
>>
Brotherhood, because Im a fascist.
>>
>>320616681
>>320616729
Ad Victoriam brothers
Minuteman force me to kill the brotherhood, Institute are cliche jrpg villains, railroad are morons
>>
Institute on 1st run, brotherhood in 2nd
>>
the one with fun gameplay and interesting dialogue
>>
You've got three groups of morons and one that's a bunch of borderline Stalins, but at least they seem to know what they're doing somewhat.
>>
>>320616406
ENCLAVE
N
C
L
A
V
E
>>
File: burn_the_bros.png (2 MB, 1651x929) Image search: [Google]
burn_the_bros.png
2 MB, 1651x929
Minutemen are the one true choice.
>>
>>320616406
brotherhood

railroad are just as bad as institute for treatments of synths

institute keeps to our knowledge atleast killing people and replacing them for simple science because they can

minutemen are spared due to being a police force while brotherhood get on with whatever they want

>implying anyone in the commonwealth could take on the eastcoast brotherhood in reality besides the institute even then they dont have the synths for the job at the moment
>>
>>320616881
>Minuteman force me to kill the brotherhood
Only if you're hostile to the brotherhood at that point. The only faction you have to kill as the Minutemen are the Institute.
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-12-12 03-54-20.jpg (2 MB, 3440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-12-12 03-54-20.jpg
2 MB, 3440x1440
>Joined the Brotherhood 1st playthrough
>Romanced Danse
>Got Maxson to spare him

>2nd Character
>Join Institute
>Accidently kill Danse on the battlefield myself
>Blow up the Prydwen and it comes crashing down over where his body lays

Goodnight Sweet Prince

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I
>>
File: fallout4 handsome.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fallout4 handsome.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFEeYdQnVc

theres an ending where you don't fight any of the other factions just the institute
>>
>>320617214
>implying the brotherhood of dumbasses has the numbers to stand up to beefed up Minutemen
They're all flash, no substance.
>>
The only faction worth joining is, to be honest, uninstall that piece of shit game
>>
>>320617317
>beefed up minutemen
>crank muskets vs t-60 armored mingun,gatling laser wielding, airforce, liberty prime east coast

this isnt the NCR who can manufacturer arms and have an army anon nore is it the faggot westcoast BoS who are small in number
>>
>>320616406
>no wildcard/yesman style choice where the player gets to do things for their own benefit
>factions are meaningless outside of the big 3

i really really hope that bethesda let obsidian make a NV like game in the gap between 4 and 5
>>
File: 3403-2-1448739473.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3403-2-1448739473.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
>>320617317
>An organised Military force with Vertibirds and Power Armour vs some hicks with Laser Muskets
>Mfw
>>
BoS.

Minutemen ain't shit
Institute are the Think Tank trying to be Mr. House
Railroad are only good for that bitchin' pistol
>>
Are there any other games with this kind of imagery?
You know, factions, companies, etc with their own logos and emblems in-game?
>>
>>320617226
Oh really
I just checked out >>320617281 and apparently it takes a precise series of steps
Ah well Minutemen + Brotherhood through the brotherhood ending is pretty good as well
I didn't understand if the brotherhood change their mind on synths with that ending
>>
>Brotherhood
Autistic faggots playing Space Marine who are so fucking retarded that they don't even try to preserve any tech or resources from the Institute before blowing up the most technologically advanced place in the country, "F-FUCKING MUTUIES GET OFF MY BLIMP", should have stayed dead after the NCR and Enclave kicked their asses, the Midwest BOS was a mistake

>Institute
Literally Caeser's Legion but no way to defend it morally while pretending to be Mr. House

>Railroad
Worthless Synth Justice Warriors who have no actual stake in the future because all they care about is watching their spouses get fucked by big synth cocks

>Minutemen
Good on paper but are pretty much the single most underdeveloped and ineffecient faction in the history of Fallout, accomplish absolutely nothing on their own, only two named NPCs in the entire group and basically have no actual questline because all they do is make you go around killing the same train and police stations of ghouls all day while the other like 8 existing Minutemen do nothing
>>
File: toasty.png (2 MB, 1647x927) Image search: [Google]
toasty.png
2 MB, 1647x927
>>320617665
>bros of shit get mad when I shoot down their floating heap of junk with concentrated artillery fire
>they send a fleet of vertibirds to attack the Castle
>they all get show down by a dozen missile launcher turrets without me having to lift a finger
>mfw
>>
>fallout 4
>canon

OP is a faggot. There are only two factions in fallout that you should give two fucks about. If it isn't the NCR or the Legion, you're either an Enclavefag or a bethesdadrone.
>>
For the Minutemen they should have just ripped off The Dark Tower. A small number of nearly superhuman gunmen, the last survivors of the old order, trained in The Castle their whole lives, betrayed to the Institute after the first peace broke down. They wandered the Commonwealth dealing justice, worth ten normal men in combat. You would find the rest of the remaining gunslingers, retake the castle, find the old relics, and try to reestablish the order. Then maybe you'd get some quests that are slightly more deep then "Go to X and kill 5 raiders/gunners/leveled enemies"

Flagrant plagiarism, but it'd be a whole hell of a lot more believable then an army of untrained peasants who were getting fucked over by raiders one minute then demolishing the Brotherhood the next.
>>
Can I kill anyone important in the factions like Garvey? What happens to my settlements then?
>>
>>320619561
Not a single fucking thing in this comment makes any coherent sense.
>>
>>320619641
Nope. He just crouches down for a while.
>>
>>320619563
The Minutemen as it stands wouldn't be so bad if you could actually train Minutemen and create elite fighters

Minutemen are literally the only faction without some sort of ultimate weapon

>Brotherhood has power armored Paladins
>Railroad has Heavies
>Institute has coursers
>Minutemen has a bunch of hicks wearing rags and using double barreled shotguns

There's so much talk about rebuilding but you can't actually rebuild anything except for shanty towns
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 790x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 790x1080
>>320619650
>comment
>>
File: 1448484591141.jpg (29 KB, 238x241) Image search: [Google]
1448484591141.jpg
29 KB, 238x241
>>320619102

>Supporting the Miniteshits
>>
>>320619905
Garvey keeps talking about rebuilding the Minutemen, but all you do is get more generic farmers. Who's training the troops? Where are these guns coming from? There's two more generic quest types right there, which would break the monotony of the ones he gives you. Fuck, its like Bethesda was taunting us having him say "I got something a little different for you this time" before giving us the exact same fucking quest we just finished.
>>
paladin Danse is ____
>>
Why didn't they just make The Minutemen Desert Rangers?
>>
>>320620395
an abomination that must be destroyed.
>>
Institute

if you picked anything else you're pretty much a nigger.
>>
>>320620254
You should have been able to strike an actual alliance with the BoS
>Maxon, I'm the general of the minutemen, this is my second im command Garvey
>I'd like to strike a formal alliance between us
>the minutemen are very well loved in the Commonwealth and an alliance between us would be beneficial fir your reputation and you could have more people being friendly towards the brotherhood and more people to bolster your ranks
>there's also Sturgis who would be a great adfition for the Brotherhood with his great technical knowledge
>you would provide training and basic equipment for the armed part of the minutemen and help defend the Castle
>>
>>320619102
>ingame v lore
>>
I chose the Railroad because I'm gay for Deacon.
>>
File: ScreenShot155.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot155.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>320616406
Minutemen, reporting in! Always ready to help.
>>
went with the railroad because i liked the espionage feel to them

in hindsight i wish that I had gone with the minutemen, even though it doesn't make any sense for them to go against the institute when they can't even keep raiders in check
>>
>>320621241
>they can't even keep raiders in check
They can if they unite the people of the commonwealth. It's just a matter of you working for it.
>>
>Brotherhood of steel
Literal nazis

>institute
Pseudo intellectual mad scientists

>Railroad
Tumblrinas checking their human privilege, synths dinduu nuffin

>Minutemen
TRUE AMERICAN HEROS

how is this even a choice
>>
>>320621365
I've built walls and massive defenses for every fucking settlement in the game, nuked the institute and blew up the Brotherhoods gay little blimp and I've still yet to actually accomplish anything
>>
You know, my problem is that I don't really support ANY of the factions
Minutemen are zero presence, they do not have any real ideals
BoS are just comically lawful stupid in their crusade
Institute are saturday cartoon villains.
Railroad are what they are, common trope freedom fighters

What I find funny is that the world is better off if I just don't complete the main quest at all
>>
institute, while keeping the minnaidmen alive/neutral

in hindsight, i wish i chose bos. maxson's a dick, but the prydwen feels "alive" as a location
contrast with pretty much every named character in the institute turning out semi-autistic or dickish, everything feeling detached and unusable, and having (understandably) the blandest faction companion
>>
>>320616406
Apparently there's a way to side with every faction except the institute at the same time and end the game in good terms with everyone.
>>
>>320621473
>minutemen
>dead group of people who betrayed their values
>brotherhood
>ad victoriam until death
>purging degenerate filth like synths and mutants, even tumors from within
>>
I still don't understand what The Institute actually is

After beating the game they just feel like some retarded combination of House and The Think Tank with no actual depth other than the fact that they say they're trying to save people while doing FEV experiments and wiping out entire settlements
>>
>>320620395
My pal.

Here is a picture of me and my pal.
>>
>>320616406
Minutemen are boring moralfags with no flaws while the other 3 are just non-sensical
>>
>>320621945
>with no flaws

They're poorly armed and poorly educated redneck farmers who aren't actually able to do anything except fire artillery
>>
>>320621854
>BoS hate synths without distinction
>Nick and Curie are the best companions
>felt very conflicted when choosing sides

the story is meh, but the characters are well developed. some of them, at least.

>>320621874
they're pretty much the facebook guys that keep saying "i'm such a nurd lol" for figuring out they can use a cellphone battery to power a led
>>
>>320622182
Yet somehow they fight as well as career soldiers encased in four inches of steel, and superhuman cyborgs with literal computers for brains and built in stealth boys.
>>
File: ScreenShot159.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot159.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>320621874
Their leader was a fucking manchild. I seriously hope you told him you were massively dissappointed in him.

It's a shame the institute in itself had to be so batshit insane, but the world will be better off without them.
>>
>>320622182
Their lackluster arsenal doesn't matter if the mary sue protagonist sides with them, unlike the other factions they're just goodie-two-shoes with no ulterior motives

The Institute makes 0 sense, the Railroad are hypocrites and the Brotherhood are a bunch of dickheads trying to destroy technology instead of preserving it
>>
>>320622408
No they don't, they got shit on by pretty much every factions footsoldiers because they use pipe weapons and wear no armor

The only reason custom settlements are able to survive are because of you and turrets that are for some reason extremely easy to make
>>
>>320622481

There was a cut ending where you and Danse challenge Maxsons leadership as Elder, making you the new Elder of the BoS. I guess Beth didn't want another "You become leader of everything after 5 minutes". You know, minus the Institute and Minutemen.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.