[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does /v/ prefer multiple protagonist or just one in a game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1423448498931.jpg (81 KB, 678x1000) Image search: [Google]
1423448498931.jpg
81 KB, 678x1000
does /v/ prefer multiple protagonist or just one in a game?
>>
>>320605705
The more convoluted and jam packed a storyline is the more I like it
>>
More protagonist Is only good If the devs know what they are doing.

You want the story to be well structured and both the protagonists to be fun to play (*cough* cough* dmc4)
It's fine as long as you don't get the ''I wanna play the other guy'' feel.

The best would be games where you get to choise who you play.
>>
Elder God Tier:
Protagonist with clearly superior rival that you can unlock and play as.

God Tier:
Large ensemble cast where, despite being one clear protagonist, the remaining members become party leaders briefly for their own conclusive story arcs.

Okay Tier:
Main protagonist with plucky sidekick, who despite being annoying is actually fun to play.

Shit Tier:
Shitty sidekicks and other characters haphazardly and arbitrarily become playable due to some obstacle facing MC.
>>
>>320605705
one and good

I hate shit like dmc 4 in which it suddenly forced me to change to then change it again when I got used to the new one
>>
>>320605705
I want Natalia to dominate me while wearing her iconic uniform
>>
File: pcsx2 2015-11-11 20-29-58-17.jpg (152 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2015-11-11 20-29-58-17.jpg
152 KB, 1440x1080
Game should have been all about him desu.
>>
Compare Hotline Miami 1 and 2

Theres your answer
>>
What are the good games that does multiple protags right?
I'm only remembering FF6.
>>
>>320607076
Dragon Quest IV does it pretty okay too. There's one main protag but there's different episodes where you play as the party members to understand their backstory and their motivation for joining your party.
>>
>>320606905
characters change in hotline miami 2 is amazin, it's the game itself that is poorly made under many aspects.

For example it should have had only "the fans" and get rid of all of that nihilistic hipster bullshit.

Just a fucking story about a group of weirdos mimicking Jacket, each with a different mask and skill.
>>
>>320607076
yakuza 4 and gta 5 are pretty well made
>>
>>320607484
>gta 5 multiple protagonist well made
I kekd
>>
>>320608235
2 edgy
>>
>>320606046
>"I wanna play the other guy" feel
Fucking Xenoblade repacing based Dunban with Shulk as the main character
Shulk should've stayed dead when he was killed and dunban and Fiora replaced him as MCs
>>
I do enjoy a game with two protagonists, even better when they are on different sides and they join forces later
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.