[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone identify this game? Looks like my kind of a game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault nice game.jpg (890 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault nice game.jpg
890 KB, 1920x1080
Can someone identify this game?
Looks like my kind of a game but i don't recognise it.
found the screen randomly
>>
>>320593398
Pretty sure its Pillars of Eternity
>>
Pillars of Eternity, right?
>>
>>320593456
This anon is right. Pretty good game if you like the genre.
>>
>>320593398
>Can someone identify this game?
Yes.
>>
I am absolutely certain it's Pillars of Eternity. And it's a decent RPG. I liked it a lot, even if a bunch of people here seemed to dislike it.
>>
>>320593505
It's a masterpiece
>>
Looks like Pillars of Eternity
>>
>>320593582
>bunch of people here seemed to dislike it

And there is a good reason for it.

Shit writing, shit combat and no fun allowed.
Balance was outta place too.
>>
>>320593602
fuck off baiting shithead.

PoE is mediocre on all fronts.
>>
Pillars of Eternity had the most reatarded stat mechanics I have ever seen in an RPG.
>>
>>320593582
>a bunch of people here seemed to dislike it.
I have only recently realized that they hate these games mostly because they can´t manage to hit spacebar enough and control 6 characters simultaneously(hence so many solo runs).
I have a few friends who for years have told me that they don´t like those, and when we discussed it in detail, everyone confessed that they can´t manage to make combat controllable.
>>
>>320593731
The combat was grating and the balance was off but I really didn't have any issues with the writing. Nothing about it stood out to me as being particularly bad.
>>
Thank you guys. (op here)
The looks of the game reminded me of baldurs gate. So i thought i might try this game.
>>
>>320593902
>PoE is mediocre on all fronts.

fuck off baiting shithead.
>>
It's Pillars of Eternity and if you like them kind isometric pen and paper games it's as close as a 10/10 your gonna get
>>
>>320593398
was just boring, everything about it was boring
>>
>>320593927
Just don´t expect
BG2, or its pacing, it is definitely more laid back.
>>
>>320593915
it's certainly not due to the poor writing, poor combat rules, poor stat system and shitty gameplay overall, no, if you dislike the game it's because you're bad at it.

Fuck off Obsidian shit.
>>
Things that are good about PoE:
Absolutely fucking everything (until you beat the game)

Things that suck about PoE:
Zero post-game
Zero replayability
>>
>>320594093
What about the writing is poor, exactly? I see this complaint come up whenever someone doesn't like the game and it's rarely justified.
>>
>>320593915

I honestly hate those kind of controls myself. For me it's mostly that it feels so weird to ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL over characters you otherwise can't control. A lot of good games use it, and from a tactical gameplay point of view it's interesting.

However, it feels much more immersive to me when you control just the character you created (or characters, in stuff like Divinity: OS) and other characters fight on their own, maybe with some command inputs. So to me it's not really about how hard or easy one playstyle is over another, it's just that it feels awkward.
>>
That's Pillars of Eternity, I liked it a lot. The expansion is very cozy.
>>
>>320594234
>The first act is a mess of different motivations for your character that changes every 2 minutes.
>Main villain doesn't do anything obviously villainous until mid-act two, but you have to chase him before then anyway.
>Purple prose & lots of words doesn't equal good writing.
>Grieving Mother a shit
>>
>>320593582
>>320594093
Well, always remember, anon: it's never Obsidian's fault.
>>
>>320594674
>Game tries to tell you your character is going insane but all you actually get is super powers and the occasional spooky ghost. Maerwald's insanity is clearly the result of his specifically fucked up past lives.
>>
File: Opinion Discarded.jpg (171 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Opinion Discarded.jpg
171 KB, 800x800
>>320594674
>Main villain doesn't do anything obviously villainous until mid-act two, but you have to chase him before then anyway.
So? He's a mysterious figure that you recognize from a past life, you follow after him because you have no fucking clue what the fuck is going on, and he literally has a sacrifice that kills two of your friends at the very start of the game, nigger.

>Grieving Mother a shit
Pic related.
>>
>>320593398

darude sandstorm
>>
>>320594234
1. An old advanced civilization finds out that there are not god.

2. They are stupid, they sacrifice themselves to create their own because they don't know that people evolve.

3. The main villain get the job to spread the word of the new gods and creates a organization for it.

4. One of the member finds out that gods are not real and threw a fit about it.

5. Get's her soul imprisoned until you find her after a hundreds years later and then she tells that the artificial gods are bad for some reason.

This shit happens in the last act, while the first 2 are just a cat and mouse game between you and the main villain.

The story pacing in the game was ridiculous.
This would be not an issue if the game itself was good, but too bad the combat sucked too.

Not to mention loading screens every 5 min.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.