[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played a Mass Effect game before and I just bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: mass-effect-1-writers.jpg (98 KB, 1000x467) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-1-writers.jpg
98 KB, 1000x467
I've never played a Mass Effect game before and I just bought the first one.
What am I in for?
Also Mass Effect thread I guess.
>>
Gets good about 2/3 through the game.
>>
>>320591180
if you pretend the other 2 dont exist then its a pretty damn good game, it made me discover the faunts so it has a special place in my heart
>>
Unimaginable disappointment after you play the sequels.
>>
>>320591180
A comfy RPG/TPS hybrid.
>>
>>320591180
Take your sweet ass time. It's literally the best sci fi rpg ever to be released. Everything from the atmosphere to the soundtrack is amazing. Combat could have been better but it does the job.

It's a shame it went downhill after 2, and I wouldn't even bother with 3.
>>
A terrible first few hours if you don't play soldier/infiltrator. Despite being equipped with all 4 guns most classes have yet to learn what a scope does or which and the killy bits come out of. those that have are still a bit shaky on the details until about 10 points into that gun's skill.
>>
>>320591817
as much as i loved it the untrained sniper sway was just fucking cartoony
>>
>>320591180
Mass Effect 2 was amazing. I couldn't put it down.

Still haven't been able to get into ME, will not play 3.
>>
>>320591817
Adept+Sniper Rifle (I think you can't get it until NG+ though) is the master race.
>>
Shit gameplay good world and characters ish.
>>
>>320591926
>starting a series from the middle
BioWare audience everyone.
>>
>>320591385
2 and 3 are not nearly as bad as everyone on this website says they are.

3 is the worst but specifically because of its ending more than anything else, which they have since made an effort to improve.

>>320591926
missing out, you should at least try it. the dialogue is in general well-done even if the story writing has gone to trash since the 1st one. i do believe however that the plot of the 3rd game is better than the 2nd. human reaper + cerberus was fucking stupid idea
>>
>>320591993
I was casual back then.

>>320592001
I have tried several times. I just can't get into. I'm going to try again soon.
>>
>>320592001
the second maybe not, but the third fucking definitely gets what it deserves, i dont even give a fuck about the ending, its just that the whole game felt like it was a babbies first game design project, the map where you help the turians repel the reapers near the beginning is so fucking scaled down that it looks your inside of the skybox
>>
>>320592083
You still are.
>>
>>320592130
I'm absolutely okay with that.
>>
File: me1.jpg (12 KB, 542x153) Image search: [Google]
me1.jpg
12 KB, 542x153
had to stop after 6 hours. incredibly clunky movement, shit combat and generally just boring as fuck. I hated it the second I stepped foot on the first planet during the tutorial but forced myself to keep playing. Quit in the elevator city.
>>
>>320592353
signs of a casual
>>
Out of the trilogy ME 1 was the one I have the fondest memories of as well as the one I replayed the most.
Imo it has the best writing in the series and feels more like an rpg with tps elements as opposed the the later iterations. One of the few games I 100%
>Dat sentinel
>dat mako
It was super comfy man.
I would rank the trilogy
1 > 2 > 3
>>
>>320591180
Play the trilogy back to back. Over 300 hours clocked on all games together.

ME1: ignore the driving bits with the god awful mako vehicle. you'll get used to just going to your objective point and getting out. i had friends who wanted to drop the game simply because of that and they almost missed out on the rest of the game
This one is the only one that has "classic rpg" elements with regard to gear actually having different stats but pay no attention to it because i never felt bogged down to get the perfect equips for my character class. the story is more of the draw for me.
>>
File: me1.png (42 KB, 210x93) Image search: [Google]
me1.png
42 KB, 210x93
>>320592353
sorry for shit quality image, im using remote desktop
I started with ME2, loved it, played all the dlc, then came back to ME1, at first it wasnt really enjoyable because of how much ME2s gameplay is improved but in the end I went in and did 2 full runs with different options

havent played the 3rd but i will at some point
>>
Be prepared to be upset at ME3's ending.
>>
I play through the series once a year every year now and every year after I beat 3 again. I stop and just think "where the fuck did life go so wrong?" I mean just how did they fuck up those last five hours of the game so badly?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.