[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any wow players having a hard time with archimonde HC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: IMG-20151216-WA0019.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151216-WA0019.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Any wow players having a hard time with archimonde HC
>>
>>320585992

>The only ones dead are damage dealers

Every time
>>
>>320585992
>still playing WoW
>>
>>320586516
As it should be. If healers are shit enough to let anyone die, at least they should have half a brain to prioritize keeping themselves and the tanks alive.
>>
Wait they brought back Archimonde too? They should really just give up.
>>
>>320585992
How'd they bring back Archimonde? Last time i checked his skeletal was on that one tree in Hyjal.
>>
>>320587065
They didn't "bring him back". They introduced an whole new alternative Burning Legion in its entirety.
>>
>>320587065
>>320587220

New lore is that demons can only be killed for good in the Twisting Nether. This is also the same Archimonde: apparently there's only one Legion across the multiverse.

In other words, MERELY A SETBACK
>>
>>320587065
>>320587220
>>320587315

High ranked demons don't die unless they are killed inside the twisting nether. So this is the same arch that we killed in Hyjal.

That ought to make for an awkward moment of revelation. Makes me wonder which version died first.
>>
File: mmel1nhI.gif (499 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mmel1nhI.gif
499 KB, 480x360
>>320587347
>>320587446
How the fuck would that even work?
WoD takes place in alternative timeline, yes, but ALSO in the past. At the time where WC1 starts in the main timeline.
Blizzard have wrote themselves into a corner.
>>
File: 1447378882554.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447378882554.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>taking a picture of your screen
>even for dank memes sake
>>
>>320585992
>havent yet killed archimonde hc

perhaps you should consider uninstalling the game and pick up something more in line with your ability
>>
>>320587626
https://twitter.com/Abrosiabi/status/607225634301952000

>Archimonde is a demon whose demon soul is anchored to the Nether. The Nether transcends all realities. That is all.

Twitter was the worst fucking thing to happen in video games. Devs can seriously retcon the fuck out of their lore, adn then type a 140-character "explanation" and just call it a day.
>>
My guild did our first clear on heroic Archie last night, we just had to prune some of the players with less raid awareness.

Our biggest issues were with shadowfel burst (the one that tosses a ranged upward) and with the living shadows that spawn from nether portals, but once we addressed those and got a new raid comp together we got him on our second try of the night.
>>
>>320587820
>That is all.
Fuck that loser.
>>
>>320585992
on farm at the moment
Don't have enough people to start mythic yet.
>>
>playing WoW
>>
File: 1447455455315.gif (2 MB, 360x202) Image search: [Google]
1447455455315.gif
2 MB, 360x202
>>320587626
Same way with the dreadlords. Once they 'die' they get sent back to the twisting nether and rest for a bit. The burning legion is considered a huge threat not because they're trying to invade our azeroth but all azeroth's, everywhere, for eternity.

The funny thing about this multi-dimensional invasion though is that the old gods sincerely don't care about any of it.
>>
>>320587626
>>320587446
>How the fuck would that even work?
>WoD takes place in alternative timeline, yes, but ALSO in the past.
whats the problem?
im not defending lore rape, but i dont see the issue here
>>
has they ever explained why the burning legion has to be summoned instead of just opening a portal to azeroth?
or just using a goddamn ship like the dranei did
>>
>>320588465
Because they're demons. They're so corrupted by fel magic they can't just drop on a planet. Well, maybe, just maybe they can, if they traverse the Great Dark, which WoW's equivalent of real world outer space.
But apparently they're lazy, and the Twisting Nether offers instantaneous travel between planets. You just need enough magical energy to transport your most powerful troops.
But lesser demons can just go in on their own, infiltrate the local societies and create cults of demonic worship to eventually summon the main invasion forces.
>>
>>320585992

why would you take a photo of your screen
>>
>>320588465
they're trying that in the new expansion. apparently the legion knows how to build intergalactic battleships now.
>>
>>320588798
that doesn't make any sense
the small demons can teleport across space as they please but the incredibly powerful super mega death demon cant? (but CAN blow up an entire planet using nothing but magic)
>>
>>320589189
How DOESN'T this make sense?
To teleport something super mega powerful you need to spend accordingly more energy.
>>
>>320589284
yeah but being super mega powerful also implies that you already HAVE a shitload of magical energy to muster at will for said teleport
>>
>>320589421
Sure, but you can't use it to summon yourself. You can only "get summoned", by whoever is at the destination place, using the energy they have there.
It's just the way it works in Warcraft universe.
>>
>>320589553
>You can only "get summoned", by whoever is at the destination place, using the energy they have there.
but the smaller demons can still teleport at will?

>It's just the way it works in Warcraft universe.
fine
theoretically, couldn't sargeras just summon the entire planet into the twisting nether then?
>>
>>320587820
the way demons work in the wow universe isnt just something new for wod

demons cannot be killed, they can only be banished into the nether
>>
>>320589739
No. Otherwise he wouldn't get stuck between dimension like he did.
But that's pretty much what happened to Draenor. Ner'Zhul and other orc warlocks opened too many unstable portals it tore the planet apart, and the remains are now just floating in the Nether.
>>
>>320589854
I'm pretty sure that was originally just Dreadlords though, wasn't it? I know that's the case now, but I still think that's a fairly recent addendum.
>>
>>320589898
>No. Otherwise he wouldn't get stuck between dimension like he did.
what?
>>
>>320589854
It didn't use to be that way for all demons, that is why Kil'jaeden took over during BC. If they really did come back after a while and transcend all realities, then they would know they outcome of everything and never lose. Sargeras would already be back. And Archimonde would have never had to be replaced in the first place because he would have already recovered. None of it makes sense. As soon as you say "alternate timelines" you just can't fix it no matter what, it's fucked.
>>
>>320590072
I meant to say if he could just summon entire planets into the Nether, he wouldn't have to personally go out himself to destroy them.
Some tens thousand years ago, he almost got summoned to Azeroth via the Well of Eternity. But the ritual was sabotaged and now he is stuck somewhere in the hyperspace. Not in Azeroth yet, but already not in the Twisting Nether.

Or at least that's what the lore sued to be. They might have retconned it or something.
>>
>>320587626
how about this one for the demonology artifact

>Before the eredar served the titan Sargeras, one of their greatest leaders, Thal'kiel, had unprecedented skill with summoning and binding magics. Driven by ambition, he reached into the Void and was answered with knowledge of dark creatures unlike any the eredar had seen before. His audacious power grab infuriated the demon lord Archimonde, who struck him down, then had his skull gilded and placed on display as a warning. Today the dreadlord Mephistroth uses it to enhance his ability to summon and command demon armies for the Legion.

>Before the eredar served the titan Sargeras,
>demon lord Archimonde
>>
>>320590246
makes sense
im still not convinced though, what about summoning all the important persons on azeroth and killing them one by one until azeroth is weak enough to be defeated by a "regular" invasion using cultists
>>
>>320590461
wasn't eredar retconned into being corrupted dranei waaaay back?
>>
>>320590461
That's actually in line with vanilla WoW lore.
Sargeras was corrupted by the Eredar, not the other way around.
>>
>>320585992
>multi glad
>get invited to this a few hours ago
>they kill the boss in literally 4 minutes while i was standing still
>get loot

if you take pve seriously you are such a mouthbreathing retard it is pathetic.
>>
>>320590602
>>320590637
what? when?

Last I checked archimonde and kiljaeden were velens bros who got fel'd by sargeras

Eredar were the default dranei and velens ragtag group took the name dranei to differentiate themselves I thought
>>
>>320586516
Somebody post the jaded healer comic.
It's because of shit like that.
>>
>>320590757
It was on the old WoW site.
http://archive.is/no0Z9
>>
>>320590850
My best friends wife started raiding in wotlk during ToC, she couldnt pull 3k dps so they asked if she could heal and they barely managed to get passed jarraxus since she was doing like 1/3 of the other healers hps(was a fucking 10man normal so not like it was even mildy difficult) when they kicked her out of the raid roster my bro threw a big ass fit even though he could pull acceptable dps as a mage.
>>
>>320591239
>someone can't even dps
>assign them to do a more difficult job with more responsibility
Great guild management.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.