[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell went wrong /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: age_bg_tpp.jpg (277 KB, 1400x764) Image search: [Google]
age_bg_tpp.jpg
277 KB, 1400x764
What the hell went wrong /v/?
>>
>Muh story!!

Nothing.
>>
>>320585957
If they added the unfinished chapter, would you be pleased?

long shot but they patched (hotfix 1.6) to legitimately bring Quiet back after fans complained. the devs actually listened for once

feels good, man.
>>
>>320585863
open world
>>
>>320585957
m8, the level design was garbage and repetitive as fuck. And that's one of, if not the most important element in a stealth game.

The mission format and the open world was absolute trash.
>>
Fans that were too interested in the story and chronology of the series pressured Kojima to keep writing stories until one day he made us all feel a Phant
>>
Konami
>>
>>320588727
In this post: things that aren't true.
>>
File: 1446571646449.png (125 KB, 389x532) Image search: [Google]
1446571646449.png
125 KB, 389x532
>>320588941
In this post: denial.

Are you seriously going to defend the open world and the mission format?

Are you seriously going to pretend that the game doesn't make you revist the same areas over and over again?

Are you seriously going to pretend a bunch of copypasted huts with one room interiors are well-designed areas?

Are you seriously going to pretend that missions don't come with a whopping three different types of objectives (eliminate this, blow this up, save this hostage)?

Are you seriously going to pretend that being able to permanently dispose bodies (and even fucking vehicles) and be rewarded for it (Fulton) is good game design for a fucking stealth game?

Are you seriously going to pretend it didn't reduce the stealth from being about speed, timing and caution to being about crawling along the periphery of an area and running away into the vast, empty open world (alternatively: fucking murdering whoever saw in bullet time with a silenced weapon) if you happened to get caught?

Are you seriously going to pretend the game isn't totally bereft of any interesting boss fights?

Are you seriously going to pretend that having grinding in a fucking stealth game is a good thing?
>>
>>320589885
I want to kiss her so bad it causes me distress.
>>
Nothing, now let the meme die already.
>>
It was a glib fascmiles of the other MGS games.
>>
Kojima was too ambitious and konami were too restrictive
Both are to blame
>>
Kojima already said it's unfinished. Who cares, it's over. Be happy the game was good for 3 games and that you at least got to see a half finished version in current gen. Let go faggots.
>>
>>320585957
I still don't understand how people can consider the story of the final installment of the oldest story-heavy vidya series that bridges the gap between two timelines in order to bring a conclusion to it all and that remained directed by its very creator for all these years unimportant.

That's like learning guitar for years, starting a rock group and performing at a concert, only to get on stage and claim you never liked the sound of a guitar.

>inb4 it's a shit analogy
It's flawless faggot, unlike this game.
>>
>>320590014
She has ham legs bro
>>
>>320591496
nice
>>
>>320589885
There is literally nothing wrong with the mission format, and the open world allows for many different approaches, and I don't see that as a problem.

Even with all the 'revisiting' the game area is much larger than any precious game. Besides, there isn't that much revisiting (until chapter 2).

The copypasted huts were a bit shitty, but they aren't a big deal. There were still plenty of unique areas with unique layout and features.

Why not claim that the entire game is just 'shoot or sneak past these guys'. Hell, all the games. It's about the different situations and how you deal with them. Also there are a lot more objectives and sub-objectives (vehicle elimination, securing intelligence, sneak out with a hostage instead of just fultoning them, etc.)

Permanently disposing of enemies is kinda lame, I'll give you that.

You can turn off the bullet time and I never ran 'into the vast, empty open world' when I got caught. And crawling around the outside of the mission area doesn't get you to your objective. Sooner or later you'd need to sneak in.

Ok, I admit there aren't any boss fights, save for Sally.

Grinding is shit, but you don't have to do that much of it to finish the game. It's mostly needed for the crappy excuse for multiplayer.
>>
Peace Walker was better and is also the best MGS game besides 2 and 4
>>
>>320593324
PW is utter shit.
>>
File: file.png (11 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
file.png
11 KB, 500x294
>>320593373
>>
>>320585863

Well it was fucking boring for one thing...
>>
>>320585863
Nothing, FOB is great fun.
>>
>>320593373
Better than V
>>
New update, lots of new shit:

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/update201512.php5
>>
Just started this and did like 3 missions but is the whole map just full of tiny out posts? Is there a base as big as the one in GZ?
>>
>>320592549

Not him, but name one area in the whole game better than the Ground Zeroes map.

The only thing that comes close is the little village near the start of the game, that place is good since there's so many walls, buildings and obstacles that you have to mark people as you go and there could be somebody around a corner you missed.

I'd say the biggest problem is that with most outposts, you can basically see every single guard from one vantage point. No surprises.
>>
File: 1400107997497.gif (1 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1400107997497.gif
1 MB, 360x240
>>320599583
>>
>>320585863
The complete lack of Co-op, which was huge in PW

The story

Skullface

Obvious filler
>>
>>320600012
I wouldn't say better, a matter of opinion but different, OKB Zero, central afghan base camp, the africa airport and oil rig all have different interesting layouts.
>>
>>320590673
Metal Gear wasn't story heavy until MGS. The original MG actually has less story than an average NES game. Ninja Gaiden, Mario 3, and Zelda all have more of a story than Metal Gear.
>>
File: 60101014444.jpg (19 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
60101014444.jpg
19 KB, 426x304
>>320585863
Story, balance of weapons and lack of good missions.

Good 7/10. That's all. Why do you ask Anon?
>>
>>320600278

Those aren't too bad, but the best parts of those maps were the parts that weren't open.

The multistory tower at the airport, the area around the oil tanks and building at the oil rig, towards the end of OKB zero with all the rooms to weave in and out of etc.

The more open the area, the easier and less rewarding it was to sneak through. That's why GZ was so good, it was a sandbox, but there was no real wide open areas except the heliport which was a really easy place to get spotted due to clever guard placement.
>>
>>320599391
Who are even doing these updates anyways?

At least Konami is doing something like this, I guess, even though it isn't all that much and its clearly just to encourage long term interest so that they can swipe more of the consumers money.

I don't even know how the fuck it is even possible to get to level 9 tier weapons without being forced to pay for an FOB.
>>
>>320601174
>Who are even doing these updates anyways?
The janitor.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.