[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
someone who has played dragon dogma on console >do you recommend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 22
someone who has played dragon dogma on console

>do you recommend it
>how is the gameplay
>is it actually an RPG (unlinke failout 4)
>should i wait for PC version or get it on ps3
>>
>Do you recommend it?
Yes.

>How is the game-play?
The best thing about the game.

>Is it actually an RPG?
Yes, in a sense. There's a role and you play it in a game.

>Should I wait for PC or get it on PS3?
PC. This isn't even a console-wars based answer, legitimately get it on PC. Holy shit.
>>
>>320585663
>do you recommend it
Yes
>how is the gameplay
Pretty good. The game is mostly an action game and the way you can interact with and fight enemies is pretty cool.
Define RPG to you. If you mean it has stats and you level up along with classes, sure.
Might as well wait at this point, provided you don't have an ancient toaster or something.
>>
>>320585913
>>320586082
>>
>>320585663

are you literally retarded? It's not even a month til PC release.
>>
>>320585663
why not watch a quick review..
>>
The start was really slow for me and it took me multiple months to get out of the first town. I reccomend enduring it during the first hours in case you feel like not playing.
>>
>>320585663

the worst thing about this game is it's performance on consoles so pc for sure
>>
>>320585663
This game was one of the few reasons why I kept my 360. The others being ODST, Fable 2 and Jet Set Radio Future.

I'm now one step closer from getting rid of it for good.
>>
>>320585663
Yes
Fucking Amazing
It is an honest to goodness RPG
Wait for PC
>>
>>320585663
I''m real salty this isn't getting a PS4 release.
>>
It tries to do a lot of things, some thing didn't work that well, others were absolutely amazing, its worth picking up.
>>
>>320585913
THAT MAKES EVERY GAME AN RPG YOU DUMBSHIT.
>>
YES(if the port doesn't suck).
combat is perfect, other mechanics are OK, might be a little cryptic or unforgiving in the beginning though.
I'd say it has enough RPG mechanics and class differences to be considered an RPG.
depends heavily if the port doesn't suck. and it looks like it won't, so get the PC version because the PS3 version is botched as fuck due to the weak console.
>>
i played up until the point where the duke asks you to travel somewhere for some important business, but

>do you recommend it
absolutely
>how is the gameplay
fluid and fun, with healthy doses of cuh-razy
definitely, tons of items for upgrading/combining, curatives, buffs, and of course armor and weapons
if you can get it for pc and run it, do it
>>
File: 1442605099423.gif (980 KB, 400x214) Image search: [Google]
1442605099423.gif
980 KB, 400x214
I would highly recommend it.
I'd say it's an RPG through and through, with lots of opportunities to create your own badass encounters.

If you've got the PC to run it at its fullest, I'd say go for that, but the console version was a wonderful experience.

One of my games of the last gen, that's for sure.
>>
>>320585663
The game itself is large, and has some of the best combat I've ever played.
It is an ACTION rpg. You're set in a fixed role with a fixed story line with limited choices for interaction. But a reasonable amount of flexibility when it comes to finishing quests.
It's worth getting on PS3 if you find it cheap. Otherwise wait for the PC release. The game has some issues in certain areas. Most noticably framerate when casting fucking TORNADO SPELLS.
>>
>do you recommend it
100%
Fantastic settings
Fantastic world building
Final boss is the tits
end-game blows your mind

>how is the gameplay
Depends on your class, going by base classes
- strider = shadow of the colossus with Zelda rolling
- sword and board hand 'n slashy fun
- mage = im a fucking wizard holy shit
How you make your character in the creator actually has an effect on your stats too.
You can be a ugly black lesbian midget and nobody gives a shit. You can be the little girl/boy and nobody gives a shit.

RPG mechanics is a whole lot of number crunching behind the scenes, party management is still a thing though.

PS3 is great if you can stomach the single digit frames and letterboxing.
>>
Holy fuck, I completely skipped this game, but judging from the comments I'm definitely buying the pc release... I've never seen a game so wholeheartedly praised on /v/, it must be something special.

Is the game still fun after you finish the main quest?
>>
>>320585663
yes
godlike
yes but story is kinda clunky if not pretty awesome
wait for pc
>>
>>320593102
it gets MORE fun after you finish the main quest. No joke.
>>
>>320593102
The main quest is only half the game
>>
>>320593102
The game starts after you finish the main quest, that's when you should go to BBI

Tip: don't play on hard unless it's fixed from the original Dark Arisen version, it fucks up the difficulty curve of the game
>>
>>320585663
Ps3 version was fucking rough bro. Go for PC. I only played through it on ps3 because it was my only option.,
>>
>>320585663
it's pretty shitty to play at 25fps with drops to 15fps
would not recommend
>>
>>320593218
So play on normal?

And how does the game become more fun after the main quest?
>>
>>320585663

Get it on PS3

PC version:
>Japanese voice audio completely removed
>Berserk armor removed
>new DLC planned so they could jew you later

PS3 version(dark arisen):
>previously released DLC already included in game at no additional cost
>DUAL audio options
>>
>>320593374
Yeah, unless they fix it between now and release

Once you finish the main quest the game changes in a very noticable way, won't spoil. Bitterblack Isle is like your oldschool dungeon crawler, it's almost as deep as the main game and way more challenging than even the post-main quest areas
>>
File: Heresy.jpg (275 KB, 717x590) Image search: [Google]
Heresy.jpg
275 KB, 717x590
>>320593435
>Berserk armor removed
UNACCEPTABLE
>>
>>320593435
There's no new dlc
>>
>no
>slow and fps drops don't help . when you hit an enemy game just "pauses" for a few seconds
>no
>neither
>>
>>320593435
You forgot to mention the framerate.
>>
>>320585663
It's truly a lot of fun, especially in the beginning. In the end a lot of the initial atmosphere is ruined: you don't really care about the monsters anymore because you are so overpowered and pretty much know you can take everything. Then you'll go to the ending area and then the dlc and it will kinda get better, the monsters will be difficult again but it's just dungeon or two.

It's not an RPG, it's more of a JRPG where you just pick a class and then do boring secondary missions without any character development or choice. There is no one noteworthy, don't expect a great plot either.
What happened was that the devs ran out of money pretty much at half game and they had to rush things.

Nevertheless, the gameplay is glorious, the atmosphere for the whole first 10/20 hours is also great, it's truly a unique experience.
>>
File: Berserk.webm (2 MB, 752x568) Image search: [Google]
Berserk.webm
2 MB, 752x568
>>320593648
Yes, it's true. It was confirmed on the FAQ posted earlier.

>Q) Does the game include the Berserk armor and weapon set?
>A) Unfortunately, the Berserk gear is not included in the game due to licensing restrictions.

Full list if anyone cares
http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/
>>
>>320593814
> when you hit an enemy game just "pauses" for a few seconds
That's an exaggeration
>>
>>320591894
No, you can't roleplay if your character has a pre-defined past that establishes what kind of a character he is.
>>
>>320594695
no, you can't roleplay if the game doesn't let you and throw you on predetermined rails and you have no control whatsoever on the outcoming of quests

JRPG =/= RPG
>>
>>320594695
That is the complete opposite of what makes an RPG an RPG.
Defined character or no, the confrontation with varied decision that believeable influence the rest of the game are what makes an RPG, so W3 is an RPG while F4 is not.
>>
>>320585663
>recommend
must own
>gameplay
best gameplay i've ever experienced, very fun
>RPG
This is where it lacks, it was low budget so quests/factions/stats are pretty minimally emphasized.

>wait for the PC version?
Unless you enjoy 2 fps when firing a mystik cannon...yes
>>
>>320593526

BBI is only one part of the end-game, there's another dungeon that's just as extensive

fucking goddamn it i want to play it now
>>
>>320585663
It's good. Just in general, it's good. Combat is fluid and solid for all classes, of which there are 9. There's multiple ways to play, multiple quests that'll take you all over the place, a good theme and heavy atmosphere.

The major positives are the strong visual style and fantastic giant enemy fights, where you're climbing up Ogres and Giants or tackling Griffons out of the sky and shit, it's fun as hell.

Negatives would mostly be that the story is a bit lacking and some quests/mechanics are "Guide-Dang-It" as fuck (every single person in the world has a reputation meter with you that is never discussed or shown, and bumping into people when you're running will actually lower it). Some quests will also not be able to be completed if you progress to far in the story, and others are absurdly hard to find without a guide, so that's not great.

Good news is too that while the world is quite large and running used to be a pain in the ass, the Dark Arisen copy made it so quick-travel crystals were quite cheap to purchase, letting you much better pop around the world, ESPECIALLY when you find more port-crystals.

HOWEVER, you're still going to be doing a fuckload of running in this game, so if the idea of long travel times puts you off, you might have some unhappiness.

Overall though, very solid game with at LEAST 50+ hours of value, so I'd recommend it fully at whatever price you think is reasonable for that kind of time.
>>
>>320594695
That's like the only kind of character you can roleplay. Do you have brain damage or something?
>>
File: 1398990756529.png (240 KB, 356x356) Image search: [Google]
1398990756529.png
240 KB, 356x356
>>320596372

>every single person in the world has a reputation meter with you
>bumping into people lowers it

I have never heard of this ever
>>
>>320585663
>do you recommend it
Yes.

>how is the gameplay
Mixed bag. Training pawns is shit, enemy variety is low, combat is enjoyable but melee classes get the shaft especially in BBI.

The game itself was largely unfinished.

Depends on your definition of RPG.

Cheaper on PS3 but lower framerates. That's about the main difference. At this point you might as well wait, though.
>>
It can be pretty great depending on what you're looking for. In general I would recommend it but it isn't for everyone.

Combat is really entertaining and customization is decent. Some of the quests are really cool and the Bitterblack Isle stuff is great, but other quests are really dull so it's a mixed bag. It has some interesting ideas overall, though not all of them are executed perfectly.

Not really, you mostly play Dragon's Dogma for the combat and shit. There's almost no role-playing involved, and what's there is a bit janky.

PC if you want it because it runs like shit on console.
>>
>>320588513
It'd be pretty cool but most people with a PS4 who are interested probably already played it to death. PC is a whole other market. I'd get it for PS4 but I have it for PS3 so it's meh. Still haven't gotten into it though. I just get really bored as soon as I go to make my first pawn.
>>
>>320585663
In fallout 4 you can upgrade your stats. In dogma certain stats increasing when you level certain professions. So, you can't even upgrade your stats manually.
>>
The game for the most part is solid, my one gripe is the pawn system.
Pawns are followers that are supposed to learn over time, problem is they will inevitably develop bad habits and when that happens you are FUCKED.
I had a mage pawn that all of a sudden decided to stop casting spells altogether, in combat all it would do is grind itself against enemies.
Now the came has some things that are supposed to help undo stuff like this, none of them work.
If you can overlook that though it is a fun game for the most part.
>>
>>320597538
That's just how the pawn system works, anon.
They try to copy you, no matter what class you are.
Are you a swordie/warrior/assassin/strider?
Doesn't matter if they're a mage, they'll try to hump the enemy as much as you do.
>>
>>320585663
>"WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS!"
>"THEY'RE MASTERWORKS ALL THEY CAN'T GO WRONG."

Aside from the atrocious pawn speech rate, NPC quotes, uninteresting sidequests and no fast travel, its actually one of my favorite games. WHY?

Jap dub > Eng dub
>>
File: skekington.jpg (43 KB, 500x541) Image search: [Google]
skekington.jpg
43 KB, 500x541
By now we all know that technically it's "Kos", but wouldn't everything be better if it was "Kosm" instead?
>>
File: yee.jpg (23 KB, 478x641) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
23 KB, 478x641
Do you make your own character from the ground up, and can you choose what kind of personality the character has based on the choices you make which impact the story?

Or is it a JRPG where nothing matters and the player having any input whatsoever would ruin the nip's perfect cinematic experience.
>>
>>320599793
>Do you make your own character from the ground up, and can you choose what kind of personality the character has based on the choices you make which impact the story?
It's an ARPG, you should know the answer. Still, best new action game in a while.
>>
>>320599864
Then you can fuck off with the "RPG" part. It's an action game.

So now the question is, it is Dark Souls or Batman.
>>
Solid 7/10. Don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>320585663
>>is it actually an RPG (unlinke failout 4)
It's a RPG in the "jRPG" sense. There's a leveling and crafting system, as well as character creation, but that's as far as the RPG systems go. There's no actual role-playing, so if you're going in expecting cRPG tier of roleplaying with decisions that matter, be disappointed.
>>
>>320585663
fedora bioware fan fag detected
>>
>>320604179
>have never played a bioware game
lol
>>
>all these people who dont know the difference between ARPG and RPG
DD is an ARPG, that means its focuses less on story choices and more on combat based choices.
>>
>>320600005
Neither. It's Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>320600005
>>320599793
You have no grasp on gaming, do you.

I imagine you just jump from one thread to the next getting mad at everything without doing any research or putting any thought into anything.
>>
>do you recommend it
Absolutely, one of my favourite games last gen
>how is the gameplay
It's great, classes are unique and they're all fun to play
Action adventure RPG I would say, not a proper RPG
Wait, it runs like fucking shit on PS3 and it's only a month away
>>
Too bad it came so late.
There's hardly any talk about dragon's dogma on /vg/ now. I'm not sure if porting it to the PC will bring back lively threads about it. Sure, some of us will buy it again on the PC, myself included, but a lot of people wont want to buy the game they've already beaten again.
>>
File: 05-09-2014-powerpoint-logo.jpg (43 KB, 650x190) Image search: [Google]
05-09-2014-powerpoint-logo.jpg
43 KB, 650x190
>>320606958
There's been a thread about it daily since its announcement months ago. I'm pretty sure that it being not pic related is going to draw a lot of people back.
>>
File: suprised Renge.jpg (212 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
suprised Renge.jpg
212 KB, 1920x1080
My pawn was just hired for the first time just when I got to level 100. Feels good mang.
And I thought 360 DD was dead.
>43k Rift Crystals
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>320606958

I think the general will return, for a while anyway. As long as it lasts long enough for us to set up a new spreadsheet of pawns so we can help each other out with RC and know we are getting a pawn with good gear, skills, and proper inclinations, then it will have served its purpose.

I mean, people are still modifying their pawns listing on the ps3 and 360 spreadsheets, and new pawns are added on a fairly regular basis.
>>
>>320607163
I once got 120k RC when my pawn returned, felt nice. Got all 5 stars too.
>>
>>320607057
I hope you're right.
Half the fun of dragon's dogma was being in the threads, showing off your pawnfu and your character, renting out other anon's pawns.

It's the first non-multiplayer game that made me actually care about the community, strangely enough. I never got involved in elder scrolls threads, never cared about showing off characters or other peoples characters.
>>
You were fooled by /v/ the game is shit and I will explain why:

>No indication of where roads lead
>No hint to what enemies are weak to
>No hint of when enemies are alone or in groups
>No warning to avoid status effects
>No clue to which items are masterworks

I don't know how people defend this game.
>>
>>320593435
there IS dual audio in game moron, stop spreading false information
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5APdUy7_8&t=1m22s
>>
File: efa.png (178 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
efa.png
178 KB, 500x281
>>320607342
gj anon
http://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/
>>
>>320607163
>>320607209

Shit boyos, if you needed RC you just had to ask. Several people, myself included, would rent out pawns just for RC. I even made an alt just for that task, max strength ranger. Go farm death with blast arrows for 30 - 45 minutes, and send the pawn back with 500k - 1,000,000 RC, depending on the level gap.

If I still had my 360 I'd offer to farm for you when I got home.
>>
how fast is the ur dragon gonna die
i remember it taking from a few days up to a week
>>
>>320607474
But you won't feel as fuzzy as when someone random takes your pawn because he actually liked it
>>
Why is this game so praised around here with all the bullshit I hear about the console version? Is it still that enjoyable despite the framerate?
>>
>>320607572

True, but when it comes to the BBI gear grind, it was all about the rice chex.

On my MA it took me 117 weapon level 3's to get the blackwing bow. I farmed Daimon 2.0 for his chests and the occasional drop for a few weeks to get it. Quite a few people got tons of RC and armor/gear lvl 3's out of that nightmare.
>>
>>320607474
It's not like I need RC, I was just surprised that you get so much from a recruitment. It's a fourth of the amount I made throughout the whole game so far.
>>
File: who's the moron now.jpg (232 KB, 984x683) Image search: [Google]
who's the moron now.jpg
232 KB, 984x683
>>320607342
Nope.

Nice try though, faggot.

inb4 you claim you were only pretending to be a retard
>>
>>320607719
>Is it still that enjoyable despite the framerate?
To me it was. Once the game froze and shut down my console because the framerate went so low. Mystic Knight 4 lyf.
>>
>>320605502
What a shitty, pointless comment. You make this imageboard a worse place just by being on it.
Shoot yourself in the head, my man.
>>
>>320607779
>I was just surprised that you get so much from a recruitment
It depends how long the recruiter used your pawn, I think it's based on XP received
>>
>>320607342
>there IS dual audio in game moron, stop spreading false information

Devs confirmed that it only has English voice acting. Stop trolling.
>>
>>320605432
Another mindless Jap Dark Souls clone it is, then.
No thanks.
>>
>>320604102
its not a crafting system though....

its more like, kill mobs, they drop mats and you use those mats to upgrade gear you have.

the "Crafting" is mainly upgrading gear and combining certain things to make consumables.
>>
Fallout 4 is a better RPG than Dragon's Dogma. So you'll be pretty fucking disappointed if you expect spreadsheets and actual writing. If you want 3D Diablo, DD is for you.
>>
>>320585663
>>do you recommend it
Yes
>>how is the gameplay
Great
It's an Action-RPG
>>should i wait for PC version or get it on ps3
PC for sure
>>
>>320607719
Yes.
I played the Xbox version and it was pretty bad from time to time. But there is just something inherently fun about summoning a giant tornado that even shitty framerate can't spoil.
>>
>>320607942
kek
It's cool, we don't need pawns from people like you in the Rift.
>>
I'll have my new PC build by the time it's out, I'm so god damn excited
>>
File: 1412383236509.jpg (112 KB, 800x776) Image search: [Google]
1412383236509.jpg
112 KB, 800x776
>>320585663
Yes.
Yes.
In the way that you build a character and allot stats through gameplay, yes. Not so much choices. There's like two-three actually choices between A and B in the game. The rest is more like 'do you want to ignore this quest or not?'.
PC, it'll be out in like a month.
>>
>>320607816
>can finally play Mystic Knight AND have more than 10 frames
>remember that Mystic Knight shoves its shield back onto the Arisen's back when you aren't blocking

Sigh.
Guess I'm going to be fighter again and eventually shift into Assassin.
>>
>>320593648
This armor gets dumped for a better one right after you're able to buy it. Who the fuck cares?
>>
Should you throw any riftsluts you see into the ocean like old times?
>>
File: Joy_Ork.gif (75 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Joy_Ork.gif
75 KB, 1200x1200
>>320608316
>assassin
Every time.
>>
>>320608418
But you can't get badass fucking blocks with a fighter
>>
>>320608502
Yes, let the Brine have them.
>>
My gtx760 should be able to handle this game fine right? Have we heard anything about the optimization?
>>
>>320608418
>>remember that Mystic Knight shoves its shield back onto the Arisen's back when you aren't blocking
Can't you, just, I dunno, not use it?
>>
File: brain problems.jpg (27 KB, 350x446) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.jpg
27 KB, 350x446
>98% Sleep Resist
>>
>>320608502
You really need to question this?

I had forgotten all about that. I wish I still had my collection of brine .gifs and .jpgs from the generals

>>320608580
I know. I had this same problem the first time I played. I want to be a Mystic Knight so badly, but I can't get over the fact that the Arisen keeps the fucking shield on his back until he decides to block. Kills my autism.

I might be able to turn the autism off this time and enjoy it though. I have very, very, very vivid memories of the metal golem and being FILLED WITH FURY that I couldn't hit the weakspot above it because I had no form of ranged attack.
I think I actually changed to Assassin just to kill that thing, holy shit was I mad.
>>
File: 1445533131613.jpg (61 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1445533131613.jpg
61 KB, 400x400
>>320608502

Or send back a hoe as a gift.

>Made modestly dressed Not-Casca sorc
>Generally liked, pretty standard skills with good inclinations
>Get her back from the rift
>Renter changed her armor, decide not to revert it to see what they used
>She is wearing the silk lingerie and trophy hunter chest piece, nothing else
>Gift was sent
>Pair of handcuffs
>5 star rating
>"How did I perform?"
>85k RC
>MFW
>>
>>320608730
Half the reason I wanted to play Mystic Knight was that I wanted to be a shield user, anon. I have a hardon for walking bastions of strength and glory, holding aloft mighty bulwarks, charging bravely into danger.

But seeing as how I remember there were small crawlspaces you could only get in if your Arisen was under a certain height, I might make a loli Arisen and big beefy black dude for my pawn.
>>
>>320608695
gtx 760 is literally mentioned under recommended specs.
>>
how many ugly braindead guardian/acquisitor healer pawns are gonna fill the rift?
>>
>>320609038
wat
u cant trade the trophy top
>>
>>320609038
>friend makes a male pawn on ps3
>looks alright, skills are spot on, proper inclinations etc etc
>hardly any hires

>I make a riftslut female loli pawn on 360
>joke skills, terribly optimized
>I get more hires than him

Eeeeyyyyyy.
My second playthrough was when I started sacrificing to the brine. I made my pawn a respectable, if well-endowed woman.
>>
File: britbongbabby.png (220 KB, 333x428) Image search: [Google]
britbongbabby.png
220 KB, 333x428
>>320587230

>took me multiple months to get out of the first town.

what....?
>>
>>320609272

Fuck, you're right. Trophy hunter is the silver one. They put her in the on that looked similar, but is brown.

Fuck, basic mistake.
>>
What kind of RPG is it? Is it more like Witcher where you do a lot of talking and decisions, Dark Souls where it's mostly about being good or like any JRPG where you grind to make your character good because your own skills don't mean shit?
>>
File: 1449327655086.png (2 MB, 1678x1067) Image search: [Google]
1449327655086.png
2 MB, 1678x1067
>>320585663
Yes. One of the best games I've ever played.

Very good. Lots of variety between classes, and then even more within classes. It's like
Monster Hunter but with far more skills, abilities, and moves. Also lots of fun agility stuff, like clinging onto monsters and throwing companions onto monsters.

Yep. Classes, skills, abilities, custom character. Also some decisions but nothing huge.

Wait for PC. It'll only be better then, community will be resurrected too.
>>
>>320609586
>is it comparisons
got you covered
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dragon%27s+Dogma+gameplay+
>>
>>320609641
>Watch a bit of gameplay of a game that's likely to be tens of hours long
What a great idea, will surely give am accurate impression of the game.

Is it choices, skill, or grinding?
>>
You should get it
I cannot fucking wait to be able to play this beast in 60fps, even consistent 30 would be great since it runs like shit on consoles
>>
>>320609752
because surely words describe a game better than looking at the game
>>
>>320609752
It's much more skill focused; grinding comes in at the end.
And you do get a couple of choices that impact certain npcs, but that's it.
>>
File: 1444286549046.jpg (24 KB, 226x218) Image search: [Google]
1444286549046.jpg
24 KB, 226x218
>dragons dogma thread no longer going to be comfy
>inevitable PC shitheads shitposting
Been a good run
>>
>>320610116
To be honest, it's mostly "PC shitheads" that are excited about this, since they already played it on PS3
>>
>>320596495

Pretty sure he meant that you can't role-play if the character has a back story assigned by someone else. Like, you can't role-play in Halo because master-chief already has a back story, you can't create your own.
>>
>>320610116
PCucks ruin everything. There's no surprise there.
>>
>>320610116
It's probably also going to be ruined by bitter people like you.
>>
>>320610936
This
More so, too
>>
>>320609302
>Women aren't respectable if they have large breasts
The misogyny is real.

>>320610116
Self-fulfilling prophecy especially when you have shitposters like >>320610487 >>320610848 and yourself
DDO is on PC yet no shitposts about it not being on Xbone and whatnot. You just want to shitpost
>>
>>320585663
everyone's saying that you need to train your pawn by using the same class as it.

What if I wanna play a strider have a mage pawn right from the start, would that fuck my pawn up?
>>
>>320610116
The only people that are going to ruin the threads are retards "IT'S MY GAME YOU CAN'T HAVE IT" like you.
>>
>>320610116
Man I just got instakilled by a giant ogre that's 20 times my size!
ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY
>>
>>320611181
Inclinations are important. With full beast and foe knowledge stars, and a proper set of inclinations your mage will be fine.
The only "trained" mage I found worth a damn was howcometil's Lilith.
>>
>>320611101
>putting words in other peoples mouth
>LE MUHSORGENY ROFL

You don't have to kill yourself, but please don't reproduce, or have anything to do with raising a child. We don't need your stupid carrying on.
>>
>>320585913
What this anon said.

The console version drops down to 20 fps and lower in lots of parts. The PC version is gonna really have to be shit to be as bad as the console version.
>>
File: FUCKING ARCHERS REEEE.png (1 MB, 800x3176) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING ARCHERS REEEE.png
1 MB, 800x3176
>usually prefer Shadowblade /Battlemage archetypes to straight magic users
>hate shields, and Mystic Knight is focused on shields
>no proper Shadowblade vocation, it's just some piece of shit magical archer
Help, my autism is already flaring up. Will I fuck myself over if I just skip shields and roll with Mystic Knight /Sorcerer?
>>
>>320611101

>Respectable, if well endowed
>Women aren't respectable if they have large breasts

Really? You really think that's what that means. Take an English literacy course.
>>
Do you guys think the modding capability will be good enough to allow spawn changing? The game is great but knowing where every encounter is going to take place every time sucks.>>320611582
>>
>>320611757
Well, no, not exactly.
Magic Knight can use staves, for example.
But really, the Magic Knight's shield skills are pretty good. You'd be doing yourself a disservice, but you wouldn't be fucking yourself over.

You could go Magic Archer and use daggers, however.
>>
>>320607869
I'd ask you to do the same, but you being a cancerous dicksplasher will take care of itself.
>>
File: 1444466526830.jpg (79 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1444466526830.jpg
79 KB, 600x450
>played this game to death on ps3 and 360
>had a well known pawn who I loved fucking with, and trying to understand and make better
>I realize PC would be a huge help for that in particular
>it's literally my favorite game of all time
>I don't have a PC, and although I could probably get one, I just feel like some of the magic I had on those playthroughs is gone

Help me, anons. Remind me why this game is the gem that it is. Post your fucking pawns and tell stories.
>>
>>320612004
Fuck, I hope so. I would actually be ok with straight randomization.
>suddenly black knights on the roads to gran soren, and surprise griffins in the spoopy woods
>>
>>320612004

That's what makes BBI 2.0 so good but even that gets a bit static after a while.
>>
>>320612696
>had a well known pawn
Was it Uncle Dante
>>
File: 743346422.jpg (51 KB, 1137x640) Image search: [Google]
743346422.jpg
51 KB, 1137x640
>>320613568
Yes
There are/were so many good pawns out there though. The community was a blast.
>>
>>320614630
You'd better be there Effin, Brotato isn't coming to PC either.
>>
>>320608501
b-but muh Guts
>>
>>320610116
Fuck off, faggot. I just want to enjoy a nice game that I missed out on.

Most of this shit posts are from people who don't even have an interest in the game. Do you believe all those yellow faces are genuine?
>>
>>320614881

He said the only thing that may make him reconsider is if they fix the grand brontide ring.
>>
>>320612029
>You could go Magic Archer and use daggers
That seems even worse than Mystic Knight without a shield though. But yeah, I guess it's an option.
>>
Dragon's Dogma is absolutely 100% worth it.

But keep in mind that this is a jap game so there is going to be some segments of hilariously horrible game design where the devs magically expected you to just know shit without ever bothering to explain anything to you.
>>
>>320615209
>there is going to be some segments of hilariously horrible game design where the devs magically expected you to just know shit without ever bothering to explain anything to you
Like? This never happened to me. Unless you're referring to missable quests.
>>
>>320615036

What's broken about it?
>>
I read this game doesnt have japanese voices, is this true?
>>
>>320615621
Yes
>>320594046
>>
>>320615621
Just the pc release, licensing issues
>>
>>320615563
IIRC, it just doesn't work in it's entirety; the pawn won't ever cast it.
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.