[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: tmp_8053-images-246793324.jpg (12 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8053-images-246793324.jpg
12 KB, 318x159
What's the /v/erdict
>>
It's alright. I finished it, but thought the story was pretty bad, and badly produced. Combat felt like FFXIV before its revision. Maybe it'll get better after I do the end game stuff, but I just don't feel like grinding for the Ares anymore.
>>
I love it
>>
File: qZbiLuY.jpg (391 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
qZbiLuY.jpg
391 KB, 1280x720
My game of the year personally. It's fairly different from Xenoblade Chronicles though.

A LOT of the story is in Affinity quests. The main story cinematics aren't the main focus, rather the exploration and combat are.
>>
kinda meh
specially compare to Xenoblade
>>
the story is garbage but the gameplay+exploration is fun as shit
>>
It's good. However, a jrpg is still a jrpg, so if you have a low tolerance for grinding quests or the occasional bullshit boss battle then stay away.
>>
>>320577559
Have 100 hours put into it

Story COULD have been good but the mission structure and create a character really bring it down. There are some great ideas in there but executed badly. Reminds me of MGSV in many aspects.

Gameplay is fun enough, lots of depth (some unnecessary) Haven't even touched 3 of the 6 classes.

Music is really fucking good except a few tracks that are really fucking bad.

World is amazing and when you first fly your skell it evokes a feeling i haven't felt since the burning crusade, grateful for that.

Cool aliens though, sucks 99% of playable characters are humans.

overall 8/10
>>
What's the best division(s)?
>>
>>320578420
>Reminds me of MGSV in many aspects
That is really dumb. The comparable aspect is in the story, although I would argue this story is much more interesting but that's completely subjective.

In terms of gameplay and world design it's the literal opposite of MGSV.

MGSV had the worst open-world level design I've seen in... possibly ever. Xenoblade X has the best world layout and design conversely. Everything actually feels well crafted.
>>
>>320578550
I was talking about the story m8
>>
>>320578614
Okay well you did say
>many aspects
I'd like to hear other aspects if you really think that. I can't really see any others.

For me, as somebody who also played MGSV the thing that struck me was how different this felt from it.
>>
>>320577559
The battle system is meh, but everything else is fantastic. 9/10. GOTY.
>>
>>320577559
Unplayable horse shit.

It's a JRPG, what else would you expect.
>>
>>320578550
If you think MGS V had the worst open world design ever, you've only played like two video games in your life. Or maybe you're just not very smart, anon.
>>
>>320578672
Many aspects of the story is what i meant.

Create a character that's mostly silent, story chopped up into missions you accept in a hub. No real urgency even though there should be.
>>
>>320578951
In terms of the terrain, I would stand by that.

What are your better examples?

Ever is probably hyperbole, but certainly in the past few years.

I played that game set in Chicago (can't even remember the name, the one that you can hack everything in).

It was a terrible game but even that world was better designed, just for example.

I'll wait on your answers.
>>
>tfw my ex has the same body shape as Elma and the same skin tone

I'm never gonna get pussy that good ever again...
>>
>>320579094
But not white hair
>>
File: 1447374445189.jpg (39 KB, 650x552) Image search: [Google]
1447374445189.jpg
39 KB, 650x552
>>320577559
It's pretty mediocre to bad. I honestly had a lot of issues with it, and as it stands, have little motive to actually finish it.

Its just so poorly designed and you see more and more of it as you progress through the game to the point it becomes a good experience to an obnoxious and bad one. It has barely anything going for it.
>>
>>320579230
:\
>>
>>320578478
The game tells you the ranking of the divisions.
>>
>>320577559
game is bloody great, no question about it.
After various screenshots posted in threads I expected localization to suck balls, but actually it's ok. Nothing write to home about, but not too terrible. It'll do for those who have no time or dedication to learn JP.
VA wise hit and miss. I actually like few, like Lin and H.B., dual audio would be way better tho. Most female avatar voices sucks balls tho
Gotta sink a lot of hours into this, that's for sure.
>>
So did they answer why the mims are still alive even though the HDDs were wiped? Just Mira magic?
>>
>>320580096
Mira Magic.
>>
>>320580096
I think it might be caught in temporal timeloop of some mumbo jumbo, because not even Doc can return to his timeline. Like A and B are existing at the same time, while not at the same time.
>>
Overrated shit
>>
Great environments, great music, great exploration. Combat is fun enough and has decent varieties with the class trees. Story seems pretty bland so far though (only on ch 5)
>>
>>320579254
Could you tell us about the issues you encounter? I mean you don't even list one at all. Saved the pic.
>>
>>320581130
Story gets a ton better after chapter 5.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.