[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when gaming journalists didn't defend censorship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Censorship in games.png (314 KB, 593x1086) Image search: [Google]
Censorship in games.png
314 KB, 593x1086
Remember when gaming journalists didn't defend censorship and actively attacked it and helped people get around it?

This article was just 14 year ago. How have we gone from defending our hobby from external criticism, to attacking it from within just to please the external critics?
>>
go back to reddit
>>
>>320573590

>Defending censorship

You go back.
>>
>>320573489
Content providers work too closely with "journalists" who are no longer actually journalists. Publisher says "Give our game a 9" and Polygon says "9.what?" Far too many people don't realize that the drivel most of these sites and outlets churn out isn't actually journalism anymore but rather thinly-veiled opinion pieces or corporate PR, too many young people don't know the difference and think this is normal.
>>
I dunno but I'm just gonna let them destroy it.
I'm tired of being mad about it and there are plenty of games I've never played to keep me busy until they move on to something else and video games come back.
>>
>>320573489
We became cucks.
>>
>>320573792

This explains all the good reviews the new Star Wars movie is getting. Real life is so depressing lately. Things keep getting worse.
>>
>>320574338
/pol/ here. The movie was good.
>>
>>320574726
That's not what most people are saying.
>>
This is why I just stick to 4chan. There are shills but often easy to avoid. The Internet's glory days are over. Now it's just a poor copy of reality.
>>
>>320574808
>>320574726
That isn't /pol/. Race Wars : The Cuck Awakens is more race mixing, European hating Jew shit
>>
>>320574726

Being a Jewish shitposter who spams cuck images with "How can white men even compete" all day does not make you /pol/ even if you are browsing and posting that on /pol/. It makes you a race baiting shitposting.

>>320573489

>mfw I just started playing Giant's: Citizen Kabuto the other day after the GOG free giveaway

It's alright but I thought it was an RTS hybrid though. I am only a few levels in but it's getting better now I have some AI buddies with me. For 2000 this game would have been impressive as fuck I can see.
>>
>>320574808
Source? The movie had its problems but overall it's fun, and engaging.
>>
>>320573590

Go back to neogaf with your censors you damn Gaffer.
>>
>>320575254
lol your leddit is leaking.
>>
>>320575191
Most people are saying it's just a remake of a new hope and/or the best star wars since empire. The former isn't good or bad, and the latter is the lowest praise possible.

The problem is most people are giving it 10/10 because it wasn't as bad as attack of the clon-

what the fuck this is /v/ god damnit
>>
>>320575191

Everyone who's seen it.

It's like Jurassic World. You are hyped as fuck watching it, and after you get out of the theaters you think fuck that was good, a worthy sequel to the originals. But a week later you think back and realize it was just shit with no lasting impact.

I fucking guarantee you in a weeks time Ep 7 will be regarded on the same levels as Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>320573590
Enjoy your ban.
>>
File: 433245345.jpg (154 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
433245345.jpg
154 KB, 637x424
>>320573489
Social Justice is the latest fad for rich white faggots to look good to each other with minimal effort

Games Journalists are adult white men primarily writing about games. They've almost all got massive chips on their shoulder because they're trash at the bottom of the barrel, no one brags about reporting on serious issues in fucking videogames.

Well-connected rich white kids in san fran are friends with all the mainstream press. Their crying about diversity and equal opportunity is hypocrisy considering the spoiled brats get special coverage for their pixelshit over every other indie dev.

Companies bribe journalists. Manchildren like polygon and kotaku's fags are delighted to live up the GDC parties and free shit they get, why would they care when you have nowhere to publish what they're doing wrong? CNN isn't going to report on Ben Kuchera defending pedophilia.

Demos>No commentary youtube playthroughs>>>>>ecelebs>>>>>twitch>>>>>>>>>>r9k convention>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>games journalists
>>
>>320575447
I saw it, was more excited to watch the originals and I came away having enjoyed the movie. I think I'll enjoy it the same in a week as I did today.

>>320575378
If you went to watch this movie and expected anything original from Abrams or Kasdan, you're an idiot. Everyone knew they were going to rehash the originals.
>>
>>320575843
>expect
Nah, just hope. I keep doing that. I need to stop.
>>
>>320575447
I wanted out of the theater during phantom menance and attack of the clones. Remaining in my seat was causing me physical pain. But I thought lucas was going somewhere.

Can't say the same for TFA.
>>
I just wished games evolved. I had hoped that as a maturing industry, with people becoming more open-minded to questionable or sexy material in games, companies having more money and by extension, were more open to alternative, possibly against-the-grain content, more pushed boundaries, and age that the issues of being overly offended, self-righteous, and, with a globalizing world market and growing acceptance of what's "foreign", would have been axed or severely limited but it's grown more powerful and dominating as it's ever been. All mediums change, developed, and challenge but games are regressing.

It's just so fucking sad to me.
>>
>>320573863
>Cuck is no longer filtered

Thank god.
>>
>>320573792
>Being actually mentally handicapped

Or maybe you're just 12 and a little slow.
>>
>>320574808
>contrarians on /tv/
>most people
>>
>>320576424

Social media has ruined humanity as a whole.

Now instead of cultural barriers allowing for differences to form and real diversity to pop up, we just have a global culture that is ruled by the loudest retards. Everyone must please a few faggots in San Fran now because their culture of being technophiles has lead to them appearing absolutely dominant online.

>>320576671

Quit projecting. He's right you faggot.
>>
>>320576830
So the answer to the problem is to nuke San Francisco
>>
>>320576930

>tfw rewatching 007: A View to a Kill and realizing Zorin's plan to flood Silicon Valley would have improved the world greatly

Goddamn it Roger Moore.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.