[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
females in games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: videogames.jpg (82 KB, 550x330) Image search: [Google]
videogames.jpg
82 KB, 550x330
What are some games with realistic, relatable females?
If there aren't any/many why do you think that is?
Wouldn't you like to see some games like that? If nothing else, it would be something new.
>>
...The Sims?
>>
Persona had comfy friends

unless you mean like Tumblr relatable

like fat
>>
>>320563937
What are some games with realistic, relatable males?
>>
>>320564062
You're welcome to make your own thread about that, but this thread is about females.
>>
>>320564313
If there aren't any/many why do you think that is?
>>
>>320564057
>tumblr relatable

I don't know what you mean. there are tons of males on tumblr too btw. so I would categorize them as tumblr people rather than just singling out a gender.

I guess I personaly mean relatable as in, they go through shit actual women go through on a day to day basis. Or atleast something that could translate to that in a fantasy setting.

It doesn't have to be anything big. maybe we'll start with physical appearance. Bitches have to work to look flawless most of the time and they have to worry about things like the weather if it will ruin their facepaint or hairstyle.

Realistically, if it were in a battle setting, the chick wouldn't even be wearing makeup or heels or anything like that.
It really depends on how realistic you want it to be.
>>
File: mario_logo.png (17 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
mario_logo.png
17 KB, 150x150
>>320564062
You mean you can't relate to a deranged drug addict who runs around and murders a mans children because he's being cucked by his girlfriend and her bull?
>>
>>320564731
>/v/
>not relating to this

are you new here? Pretty sure /v/ has fantasies very close to this.
>>
>>320564731
>>320564940
mario is now a male power fantasy. nice.
>>
>>320564940
I wasn't being sarcastic.
>>
>>320564731
I've never seen so many bad memes in one post.

Stop watching those atrocious "parodies".
>>
Rapelay?
>>
I said this in a previous thread, but the first girl who comes to mind is Casca.

>keeps her hair short
>no makeup
>no heels
>has to deal with periods fucking her up in battle
>has to deal with her emotions even though she hates it
>"i didn't ask to be born a woman"
>still has a shy feminine side
>>
>>320563937
what are some games with realistic, relatable males?
Reality sucks bro, virtual will always be better than the real
>>
>>320564709
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>320563937
>relatable females?

What? That's not possible

I'm can't relate to a materialistic selfish piece of shit that hungers for big fat dicks all day

And obviously they wouldn't be able to make a video game about that either
>>
>>320565236
dont forget to like and subscribe
>>
I would love a game like this.

They either make the girls too sexual or too stoic and masculine.

There's nothing wrong with having these traits, but it's kind awkward when that's all they are. Someone with idiosyncrasies would be nice.
>>
>That friend who fell for the "50% of gamers are female" meme
>>
>>320563937
Fan service, and males make up a large sum of the console and PC market, they're the consumer and target audience for the AAA market.
>>
>>320564709
>anyone on tumblr
>Able to call themselves a man
>>
>>320564709
>I guess I personaly mean relatable as in, they go through shit actual women go through on a day to day basis.
Like Cooking Mama?
>>
>>320566526
>>320565961
Posts like this really makes me wonder what you think a relatable male is? Men have emotions too. I don't know why it's considered bad to show them. People who hide their emotions are more likely to have emotional issues imo.
>>
Just make a game where the main character is a mother and she has to juggle that with everything else in her life.
>>
I just want more games where I can be a badass chick, preferably without a male love interest.
>>
>>320566913
I don't mind having a male love interest. i think damsels in distress are shitty love interests though male of female. It's be funny to see the whole thing turned on it's head for once and for the female main character be the knight in shining armor but I'm looking for something a little more fair.

If there's going to be a love interest, I want them atleast to be useful and able to take care of themselves. We could save each other?
>>
I want a game where I can be an emotional piece of shit but still get shit done. because it's possible. People do it everyday.
>>
>>320567612
Final Fantasies 7,8 & 10?
>>
Can we have a game that acknowledges periods or even birth control?

They are actually important to let girls know about their health. Some people need birth control for health reasons not related to having sex. and if someone isn't having their period, they are either very sick or doing some strenuous activity.

Maybe a simple scene where the character mentions she hasn't had her period for awhile because of malnutrition or something.
>>
I don't know, if you're going to have tons of fanservice games at least be fair.

I see all these games with girl jumping around in bikinis with jiggle physics, why can't girls have games filled with husbandos?

Like fuck, I played episode duscae and i got a screen full of ass tanlines from Cidney I better get a onsen scene with the boys flexing their muscles.
>>
>>320567283
But why not have a female knight save the princess, and then have them both rip and tear through hordes of baddies?
>>
>>320568909
Literally Hyrule warriors.
>>
>>320568909
That reminds me of Tenchu

I liked the relationship Ayame had with the princess. Except the princess died I think in the end. but yea that's not a bad idea.
I do think just giving a female physical strength only is a cheap way of making a strong female character though, so maybe instead the princess uses her wits to help you out. It makes sense, if she's royalty she would've had the best schooling and such.
>>
>>320569078
I need to play this then
>>
>>320569198
I've always been partial to sorceress/intellectual princesses with tough, loyal lady-knight companions. Thank god for books since games don't really provide this.
>>
Metal Gear
>>
What I don't understand is why female vidya characters have to have higher standards than males. Try putting a iconic character like Mario or Link through the plinkett test where you have to describe them without mentioning their appearance, job, or role in the story and it can't be done. While there are games that do have plots, that's not what we play games for, so I figure that so long as a female vidya character is capable without being lesser than or needing the help of a guy, then she's a passable female vidya character. And there are a bunch of those if you bothered to take the time to look.
>>
File: Luna_With_Niflheim_troops.jpg (509 KB, 676x1200) Image search: [Google]
Luna_With_Niflheim_troops.jpg
509 KB, 676x1200
>>320570840
You know, if it doesn't turn out to be shit, Luna/Gentiana from the upcoming FFXV could have what we are looking for except not much is known about Gentiana is that she will be important as well.
>>
>>320571119
main reason? because people asked for it.

If you want higher standards for men, then ask.
>>
>>320571159
Oh for real? Dope. I haven't played a FF game since ten, but if this next one gets some solid yuri (without another fucking bad end I swear to god I'm gonna fucking murder someone), I might have to pick it up.

>inb4 they're barely in the game or it's all subtext
>>
>>320571119
>plenty if you bother to look

and how many of those females are the main character?
>>
>>320571402
I just feel that since vidya should be about games over story, a character without a strong personality isn't a bad thing so long as the game is good. The character's gender shouldn't really matter.

>>320571640
That one is a bit tougher, I'm sure that there are still a good number of them, but you'd have to really spend time looking. I actually plan on doing just that sooner or later.
>>
>>320572072
I actually prefer gameplay over story myself, but I'm also very invested in good characterization and story secondly as well.

I can't have one without the other even though I do want gameplay to come first.

I think gender does matter depending on the situation. Sometimes males have to deal with different shit than females and vice versa.

The only example I can think of is Cloud not wanting Aerith to go alone to find Tifa because she could get raped and then him having to dress up as a girl because he's male. It could be something as simple as that.
>>
I just want relatable realistic characters period. I just love good characterization and I'd love playing as a guy just as much as playing as a girl if the character was good.
I just see the latter a whole lot less and that's an issue I have with games today.
>>
>>320565395
>Video games
>>
>>320572482
That's something that I can't deny, a character from a game that delivers on both will always be more memorable than a character from a game that only delivers good gameplay. If a game is going to bother with story at all then what you mentioned isn't something that can't be ignored. It's just that I don't feel a vidya character is a bad one just because the game focused on the game before the story.

For me a good female game character would be someone like Samus with the exception of other M of course. If I were to include that game then everything I've got to say about her is pretty much null and void Since even though she doesn't really have much of a personality, she's still a kick ass space bounty hunter that kills alien scum. She wouldn't compare to a game character that has a personality, but the lack of one doesn't make her a bad character since her games were never about that in the first place.

On the same note I'd consider Princess Zelda a bad female game character since she was never really capable of much other than getting captured unless she wasn't going under the name Zelda. She still got captured in the end in those games anyway too. The only Zelda game where she gets a chance to kick ass is hyrule warriors and that's a spinoff. Even Peach gets games where she is on the same level as Mario, so as far as I see it Zelda deserves the damsel in distress bad rep more than Peach does.
>>
>>320563937
>realistic
>relatable
>videogame
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.