[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>less than 50,000 units sold in 4 weeks Pokemon killer, everyone.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: yokai-watch-boxart[1].png (1 MB, 1023x936) Image search: [Google]
yokai-watch-boxart[1].png
1 MB, 1023x936
>less than 50,000 units sold in 4 weeks
Pokemon killer, everyone.
>>
Haw haw!
>>
>>320561772
Still a gem though.
>>
YW's sales would be great if they were for something like Moco Moco Friends.

But after having television ads, mandatory demos, a 30-minute daily infomercial (the cartoon series) that was running for over a month before this game was released, a 2DS bundle and all that other promotion, its sales are stunningly mediocre.

"The Pokémon Killer" got its ass handed to it in the U.S. by Super Mystery Dungeon, which is a spin-off series that doesn't even sell all that well (compared to the mainline Pokémon games).
>>
>>320563072
And just how much did Moco Moco Friends sell?
>>
>>320563072
I think the demo turned people off by how passive the gameplay was.
>>
How angry do you have go and be to post threads like these?
>>
>>320561772
I like both Pokemon and Yo-Kai Watch.

Digimon sucks though.
>>
Noone actually believed this would be a Pokemon killer....
>>
Who gives a shit? I'm lovin' the game. It does things that I wish Gamefreak would do with Pogaymen, like, you know, actual fleshed out and detailed environments that aren't just towns with 3 houses.
>>
Did people honestly think this game was going to be the next Pokemon? In the West?
>>
>>320565465
I didnt think itd BOMB at least.
>>
File: RtX5Ck2.webm (252 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
RtX5Ck2.webm
252 KB, 480x270
>>
Of course it's not going to beat Pokemon, the monster designs are actually interesting and there's no furbait.
>>
>>320566936
>the monster designs are actually interesting
Yeah! Like the dog that has a human face, and another one that is literally an assface.
>>
>>320567318
So? Gen I had the same type of stuff. I'll admit YW's monsters are a little more ugly, but still.
>>
>>320561772
Its monsters are based on japanese folklore of course it won't appeal to anyone else
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.