[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Combat dumbed down from previous Souls games >No build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
>Combat dumbed down from previous Souls games
>No build variation
>unstable fps
>ridiculous load times
>sold less than splatoon
>No goty awards

what went so wrong
>>
File: impossiblysmugdog.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
impossiblysmugdog.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
Nothing. OP's a cuck
>>
They caught lighting in a bottle with Dark Souls and can't pull it off again.

The wow factor is gone and it's never coming back.
>>
>>320561660
It got sonyfied.
>>
>>320561660
Exclusivity with a 3 platform wide demographic

Splatoon did better because all its fans already had Nintendo
>>
The load times were patched shortly after release, weren't they?
>>
>>320561660
It's literally the best Souls game to date.
Now check my 5.
>>
Nothing, unless you're a DSII faggot who eats shitbbricks.
Bloodborne is from software redemption after the fucking disaster that DSII was
>>
>>320561660

as opposed to just circling enemies for backstabs in dark souls? the AI is trash in that game
>>
>>320561660
>combat dumbed down

honestly, i'd say the opposite. Dodging is faster, yes, but how criticals works was made much harder. you had to be able to either shoot at a pinpoint moment, or get a charged attack to an enemies back. Unlike parries, doing so cost a limited item as well.

They powered you up, yes, but also made it so there was a cost to being wasteful besides you just fucking up and being punished for it.
>>
>>320561795
what the fuck we can say cuck again?

HELLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAH NIGGA

since when?
>>
>>320562105
The gameplay in DS2 was an improvement over the first one. The story and area building is what was wrong.

A lot of it was fixed in scholar, but having to buy the game again just to have the right version, not to mention fracturing the userbase, was one of their worst decisions.
>>
>>320562432
baka desu senpai
>>
>>320562050
DkS was the best.

Deal with it.
>>
>>320562526
Scholar didn't fix shit
The solution isn't to spawn 100 enemies in the same area.
>>
>>320561660
Souls fans. The rest of the world is getting tired of them.
>>
>>320562526
DSII felt like a cheap, Chinese knockoff of Dark Souls. I hated it the instant you walk through the corridor at the end of Things Betwixt into Majula. I know I was supposed to be awestruck but I was super dissappointed in what the series had become.

Is the B-team meme real, /v/?
>>
File: Spongebob.jpg (67 KB, 441x705) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob.jpg
67 KB, 441x705
>>320562526
>The gameplay in DS2 was an improvement over the first one.
>>
>>320562681
No it wasn't.
>>
>>320562697
>scholar didn't fix shit

It made the enemy placements way better. For example, there are heide knights in heide's tower, rather than all over the fucking place.

It also made aldia's keep more interesting with the braziers that summon dark phantoms.
>>
>>320562526
Is not an improvement
>>shit level design
>>shit hotbox detection
>>shit enemy design
>>soulshitmemory
>>shit music

How the fuck is this an improvement?
>>
File: 1424966292328.png (6 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
1424966292328.png
6 KB, 319x319
>>320562526
>>
So why havent you signed, /v/?

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-do-not-release-bloodborne-for-pc
>>
>>320562973
aside from the hitbox complaint, nice opinions m8
>>
>>320562867
Giantdad. That is all.

>>320562973
level design and music fall under area design.

I said the gameplay, and hitboxes have always been something from is shit at. It was an issue in DS1. It was an issue in DS2. Its an issue in bloodborne sometimes. Don't be a fucking faggot.

Soul memory was indeed stupid though.
>>
File: 1356726717287.jpg (132 KB, 477x786) Image search: [Google]
1356726717287.jpg
132 KB, 477x786
>>320562867
it is, what the fuck? theres not a single thing that dark souls does better, from the way backstabs are implemented to how enemies actually have tracking, and tons of small stuff like lock on updates, camera updates, and shit like jumping. ds2 gameplay being better than dark souls is not an opinion, its a fact, you would have to be some brain dead nostalgia faggot to think otherwise.
>>
>>320561660
>combat dumbed down

Confirmed for angry pcuck who still hasnt played GOTY
>>
>>320561660

Literally wrong.
>>
>>320562895
Yes it was.
>>
>>320563578
Bloodborne didn't suffer from a huge drop in quality 10 hours in like Dark Souls does.
>>
>>320562432
cuck test
>>
>>320562236
Pkeks are just desperate
>>
>>320561660
>>ridiculous load times

Load times were fixed in a patch.
>>
>>320563638
>huge drop in quality

Like what?
>>
>>320563350
>begin Dark Souls II
>move character
Dead zone. This is all it took for me to realize that DS2's gameplay was shit, but I'll go on.
>swing Broadsword R2
>Recovery takes ages and you can't roll out of it or continue into an R1
>This is a persistent problem
>Roll
>roll has too much recovery and a lingering hitbox
>ADP
>Poise mechanic and balance is fucked up, turning the game into an R1fest
>Encounter design is shit
>Parrying is shit
>Backstabbing is shit
>No kick, instead you get a shove that takes forever to wind up just like everything else

Dark Souls 2 completely fucked up everything that Dark Souls had going for it, especially the now-disgusting controls. It's a swampy mess of imprecision and needless windup and recovery, only made worse by baffling shit like ADP. I don't know how you can stand it, except out of sheer ignorance. Dark Souls II is an objectively inferior game by every metric with which you can judge an action game.
>>
>>320563832
Everything after Anor Londo besides Duke Archives.
>>
>>320563940
Nothing wrong with the Catacombs.
Or Tomb of the Giants.
Or Crystal Caves.
Or New Londo.
Or Darkroot Garden + Basin.

As good as the first half? No, the first half has a purity to it, and the game suffers from a pacing issue so it climaxes in Anor Londo. But it's not BAD by any stretch of the imagination, and it's certainly better than Dark Souls II. This idea that the second half of Dark Souls is awful is quite literally a forced shitposting meme, and I hope that you feel bad for being swayed by it. You should hold yourself to a higher standard than that.
>>
>>320563940
You're fucking joking right
>>
>>320564341
The first half is up to Anor Lando.

I'm not sure how anyone could come to a pacing issue, the little you are told about the story leads you to realize that Anor Lando is where the journey really begins.
>>
>>320564341
>>320564341
I'll give you everything but the Tomb. That place was shit
>>
>>320564724
Shit because it was scary as fuck and hard?

Sure.

Shit as in bland and boring with no uniqueness? No.
>>
>>320564341
How about bosses?
Dark Souls is to full of gimmicky bosses, especially post O&S.
>>
>>320564361
He's right, to be honest.

The last 3 areas just feel like they're hastily stitched to the main product.

Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith especially, with it's rehashed bosses/enemies and dragon arses.
>>
>>320564341
Darkroot Garden, Basin, and New Londo can all be done before Anor Londo though.
>>
>>320563864
>broadsword R2
Then use a different weapon. There are literally hundreds in the game. That isn't a persistant problem with all weapons, thats just a problem with a few of them.

>roll
Thats what ADP is for. Get it to 20 and you are essentially fine. It isn't baffling, you are just stupid. ADP and attunement both bring up whats called "Agility". It levels up best with both, but it isn't required. ADP also increases poise if its the lower of the two between endurance and itself.

>poise
I'll agree on this one. Small fast weapons can deal shitloads more poise damage than greatswords and the like with the stone ring on. That said, most greatswords also have some other type of stagger. For example, the "Greatsword" Can flatten a good deal of things it wouldn't normally stagger.

everything past that is opinions though.
>>
>>320563864
If you seriously think that backstabbing in 1 is better than in 2, you are probably one of the pvp'ers that would backstab fish every duel.
Backstabs in 1 are broken, and 2 fixed the issue of dead angles, made strength weapons viable, and introduced a counter to shield turtles.
>>
>>320565303
Did you ever play before the patch in DS1? Capra demon and Lost izalith were both MUCH harder.
>>
>>320564649
It doesn't matter what the intention was, a large majority agrees that the momentum built from the beginning of the game fizzles after Anor Lando.
>>
>>320565486
Yes, I've had the game since launch on PS3.

I still have PTSD flashbacks of pre-patch Izalith.

Twerking has never been scarier.
>>
>>320565640
Them asses would aggro from ages away man. Shit was terrifying
>>
>>320561660
>what went so wrong

With your post? It's filled with lies.

The combat and build variation are both great, the FPS is nearly perfect (relative to being at 30fps) and the load times are fantastic, especially compared to how they were at launch.

As for sales it's a pretty niche title, especially considering the PS4's userbase.
>>
>>320565267
I dislike Seath and the Demon's Ruins/Izalith bosses, but the rest are fine. The Darkroot ones are even great.

>>320565356
So can the Catacombs. But that's just a testament to the game's nonlinearity. In terms of progression, they are Post-AL areas.

>>320565383
Overlong recovery is a persistent problem.

>Thats what ADP is for.
No, that's what the roll button is for. Levelling ADP improves it a bit, but it's still significantly worse than DaS.

You've also glossed over my point about the dead zone, which is probably the single biggest detriment to the game's feel.

>>320565460
I'm not 'a PvPer' at all. Yes, I do some invasions and co-op now and then, and it's fun, but asking for the game's mechanics to service PvP is stupid.
>>
>>320562432
testing cuck.

testing baka desu senpai
>>
I fucking loved Bloodborne and honestly I think it's my favorite souls games.

All of your issues are overturned because of trick weapons

TRICK

FUCKING

WEAPONS
>>
if you actually played the game you would have know that the combat is actually more complex than the previous games
>>
>>320565949
More than half of the time I spent on bloodborne had me spamming L1.
The sound just feels so good
>>
>>320565780
>improves it a bit

Yeah, from a tenth of a second to half of one. Thats a fairly large gap for I-frames. It also increases the speed at which you use estus and lifegems

Also, if you get below 40% equip load you will "Fast roll" which increases the amount of I-frames and the speed of the dodge even further.
>>
>>320566130
Fan of the game, but it's not more complex.

Simply not defensive anymore, which is the best change they could have ever made.
>>
>>320562043
Yeah, they're only 10-20 seconds long with item descriptions.
>>
>>320566130
I wouldn't say that. It's nice, but there's far more "dodge their first attack and then R1 to death". Dark Souls has a lot of things to prevent that and make the game a bit more thoughtful. Bloodborne definitely has intensity going for it though.

>>320566172
And still, it's relatively sluggish. A game's responsiventess shouldn't be tied to a stat anyway.
>>
File: 1352315723170.jpg (11 KB, 265x297) Image search: [Google]
1352315723170.jpg
11 KB, 265x297
>>320566161
My friend is a huge souls fans (way before I ever got gud) and had bought a ps4 for bloodborne before I even considered purchasing one.

He let me play it for about 30 minutes last time I was in-town. My session went as follows:

>SCHICK
>schick
>SCHICK
>schick
>SCHICK
>schick

and I had the biggest fucking smirk on my face the whole way through.
>>
>>320566208
try swinging a weapon with r1 m8
it has at least 4 different moves

in previous ones its max 2
>>
Absolutely nothing, it's Miyazaki's best game.
>>
File: Get a load of this guy cam.png (56 KB, 327x285) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy cam.png
56 KB, 327x285
>>320561660
>combat dumbed dowm
>>
>>320562526
How was gameplay improved? All I recall is how people were complaining about DaS II and the hit detection and SHOCKWAVES!
>>
>>320565572
I felt that it only got stronger.
>>
>>320566390
That's not "complexity" though. That's just a combo attack. There is literally nothing complex about hitting a button multiple times without having to worry about proper timing.

If you were talked about the new parry mechanics, I might have agreed with you.
>>
>>320566336
>>320566161
>spamming l1 with the threaded cane

Forcefully spiking your cane into the ground is the greatest thing
>>
>>320562526
DS2 had a lot of neat concepts. Powerstance, weapons with offhand movesets, Weapons that required huge amount of stat investment, weapons with special attacks were improved. Unfortunately it's all downplayed when the game itself is not very good.
>>
>>320566532
It wasn't. If anything DaS2 was a little watered down thanks to the removal of the kick and giving into healing items and a regeneration ring in-addition to estus.

Combat is virtually the same except with the retarded invincibility frames being tied to adaptability.
>>
>>320566619
except that most of them dont chain at all
if ur using a silver sword you can intentionally whiff r1 2 times to aim the 3rd one that is a thrust attack
>>
>>320566309
In a game like DS, i don't see why it shouldn't.

Whats wrong with that? stats are a measure of your characters growth. You are saying its okay for it to determine output, how well you get staggered, how much you can cast, how many hits you can take, but not how fast they can roll? seems a bit backwards.

And also, if it feels "Sluggish" to you, thats just you being a nostalgia fag.

Seriously, at 110 AGI, you are already rolling as fast as a fast roll in DS1. And thats with ADP alone. Mix the two together and you can get EVEN FASTER. And this is before taking equip load into account.

With the 40 in both attunement and ADP, you can roll even faster than the dark wood grain in 1.

Its only sluggish because you chose to make it that way.
>>
File: Crazy Delivery.jpg (167 KB, 637x442) Image search: [Google]
Crazy Delivery.jpg
167 KB, 637x442
>>320565949
>Rakuyo's tricked mode
>all these fucking moves and combos
A team took the idea of powerstance and made it better in every possible way.
>>
>>320561660
>>Combat dumbed down from previous Souls games

Bloodborne LITERALLY has more button input combinations that Dark Souls.

Each weapon on it's own has 2 sets of attacks, plus 2 sprinting attacks, 2 backstep attacks, transformation attacks and two heavy attacks.
>>
File: 1448168507403.jpg (60 KB, 525x551) Image search: [Google]
1448168507403.jpg
60 KB, 525x551
>>320561892
This is the weakest excuse to run to to say it's a bad game.
>>
>>320565949
I just got the game last night and oh man transforming your weapons mid combos is fucking beautiful
>>
How comes shit respawns in bloodborne?

There was undeath everywhere and fucked up time flow in dark souls. Once you accepted the key ideas, enemies respawning didn't require that huge a suspension of disbelief. In bloodborne, there's nothing like that.
>>
>>320566805
Again, regardless of combo or chain or whatever, that's got nothing to do with complexity.

Fighting games are complex, because of the huge amount of options you're given for these games. Metal Gear is complex because of the weird control scheme. Xcom is complex due to the risk vs. reward strategy you need to approach with it.

Souls is a great action game, but its gameplay is not that complex. Merely hard.
>>
>>320566532
People have always complained about hit detection. In every game. We've gone over that.
>>
>>320566876
Nothing about the way a game's basic controls work should be tied to a stat, that's just poor design.

>Its only sluggish because you chose to make it that way.
Okay, chief.
>>
>>320566532

Haven't played DaSII in a while, but all I can remember are "quality of life" improvements:

>can use multiples of the same item at once
>cloth physics
>nicer item menu

I'd also add "actual, usable, viable whips", but they had to nerf them because people cried about the Spotted Whips.

I swear, they nerfed everything that was fun in that game and left shit like the Chaos Blade untouched.
>>
>>320567034
You are in a world that is tenuously between dream and reality. Is that any more believable than undead?

From the moment of the blood ministration, all sense of reality gets thrown out the window.
>>
>>320566309
Get good,
>>
>>320566876
Okay, I've got an idea. In Sonic, your speed is tied to your ring count! It's a great idea!
>>
>>320566949
dks
>r1 has 2 moves max

bloodborne
>r1 has 4 moves min

>>320567049
bloodborne is more complex than the souls games because it give you more option.

>Each weapon on it's own has 2 sets of attacks, plus 2 sprinting attacks, 2 backstep attacks, transformation attacks and two heavy attacks.
>>
>>320567034
Dreams, yo
>>
>>320567117
If everything about a character, from how many hits the take, to how many they can deal, how long they can run, EVERYTHING is already decided by stats, then your complaint is already invalid because they all are at their core the same thing.

If you wanna go fast, spec into it. If you wanna hit hard, spec into it. Its not like there's a soul level limit to dissuade you from doing so.
>>
i dont know about you guys but the one that that dks2 did right was having more stats to lvl up

yes even the adp

i fucking love upgrading stats
>>
>>320567034
It's a dream. No, seriously.
-When you die, you reawaken
-Hunter Marks let you reawaken without "losing echoes" (echoes=memory in blood)
-After you die, you lose those memories, and gotta go back to the stain that holds those memories
-Hunters that no longer dream don't respawn (blood-addled hunters that broke the oath and those who willingly did like Eileen and Djura)
The whole game takes place in multiple dreamscape layers.
>>
>>320561660
>all souls games a shit
>already shitty gameplay ruined by console hardware limitations
>blessedly limited audience, so it doesnt poison gaming as a whole.
>rightly not GOTY
>>
>>320567263
That's neat an all and it's cool you get more options but you seem to be ignoring the fact that more options =/= complexity.

The more complex a game is usually means that there's a higher skill foor, meaning it's harder to do well until you master certain parameters.

Dark Souls is a game about strategy, timing, and patience. It is NOT complex.
>>
>>320567206
apples to oranges mate.

What works in one genre wouldn't necessarily work in another.

Rolling is not inherently broken in DS2. They left it at a usable level, then allow you to make it even faster than in DS1. And its not like you can lose soul level once you have it.

That is the shittiest comparison ever.
>>
>>320567161
Naw, dude. Just because there's some freaky shit, the game doesn't get away with pulling unexplained shit. Fine, introduce me to insight, dream planes and blood ministration. We're injecting ourselves with blood that cures diseases, and gaining eldritch truth that lets us transcend reality and become great ones. Whatever. That doesn't explain fuckers coming back to life. The dream planes are alternate places of existence, and often people and entities can be spread across them. However, killing someone in a dream tends to be permanent. See: Micolash. But the average droogy you kill just comes right on back. Not to mention that a massive chunk of the game takes place in non-dream yharnam. It doesn't follow its own rules, and it's annoying.
>>
>>320567404
It's nice. The whole game had good grounds for interesting builds, with all the spells and weapons with high requirements. It would have made investing on stats a meaningful choice (or at least something to think about). It also means that the Soul Vessel is useless, which fuckign sucks.
>>
>>320567607
Can you guarantee that its not nondream yharnam though?
>>
Is there a way to go straight to the 'fun' level of a chalice dungeon? Getting through them is a fucking chore until I unlock the hard ones.
>>
>>320567570
>And its not like you can lose soul level once you have it.
You lose souls and progress when you die.

>That is the shittiest comparison ever.
It's an equally shitty idea though.
>>
>>320567348
What you're talking about is numbers, how MUCH of something you can do, which is perfectly fine to tie to a stat in an RPG. But tying the function your basic dodge to a stat in an Action RPG is stupid, especially when it makes your game a sluggish mess without investment.
>>
>>320567713
Even if it was dream yharnam, Micolash demonstrates that killing the majority of folks in a dream banishes them for good. Those regular folks certainly have no business respawning.
>>
File: 1438133794397.png (11 KB, 387x429) Image search: [Google]
1438133794397.png
11 KB, 387x429
>>320561660
I liked Splatoon AND Bloodborne.
>>
>>320567607
Micolash was dead to begin with. Did you not see his corpse?

Aside from that, the whole thing is a love letter to Lovecraft. It's about spiraling out of control in a world that seems impossible.

Not to mention you're dealing with elder gods who literally turn people into beasts for fun. You can't explain them, which is what made Lovecraft so fucking scary. They're these ancient species who we can't communicate with and are powerful beyond imagination.
>>
>>320567720
Bro-op. It's what the chalice dungeons were made for.
>>
>>320561660
>>Combat dumbed down from previous Souls games
>>No build variation
>>unstable fps
>>ridiculous load times
>>sold less than splatoon
>>No goty awards

I smell Salt from a PC

>ridiculous load times
and this was fixed
>>
>>320567730
>souls=progress
not really.

And its not like there aren't several ways to easily farm souls if you really need it.

>>320567760
So its fine to tie every other aspect to a stat, but not that one thing you would like not to be.

Honestly, i think the idea of the game getting progressively smoother as you play is rather interesting.

You not liking it doesn't make it an inherently flawed ideology. Especially not when its so fucking easy to get it to the same levels as DS1
>>
>>320561660

It's the same. Bloodborne's combat is arguably more difficult because parry timing is a lot more precise and it's a lot more fast-paced which makes it inherently more difficult.

>No build variation
True, but it kind of makes sense given the story of Bloodborne. It wouldn't really make sense for a Hunter to summon pillars of flames or some shit.

>Unstable fps
I've never run into framerate issues in my 100+ hours of playing.

>Ridiculous load times
Compared to Souls on PC, yes, but that's true for every game. Compared to Souls on consoles, it's about the same. They did improve load times with a patch earlier this year and they aren't that bad. You shouldn't be dying anyway because of how dumbed down the combat is though, right? :^)

>Sold less than Splatoon
Not by much, and Bloodborne wasn't shilled as hard as Splatoon. Bloodborne exceeded Sony's expectations so it's a success in their eyes.

>No goty awards
Who gives a shit? Awards are arbitrary.
>>
>>320568101
Actually it sorta would make sense for hunters to have an ability to summon flame, as they are more often than not hunters of beasts, which are weak to fire.
>>
>>320567607
Micolash was a mummy in the physical plane when he died. He thought he was just reawakening, but he had nothing to awake to, because he's not even alive.
>>
>>320568078
>So its fine to tie every other aspect to a stat, but not that one thing you would like not to be.
That's what we're talking about, yes. Welcome to the conversation.

>Honestly, i think the idea of the game getting progressively smoother as you play is rather interesting.
Well thank fuck you're not in game design then.

>Especially not when its so fucking easy to get it to the same levels as DS1
It cannot reach the level of DS1. Dark Souls is inherently more snappy and responsive than Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>320567950
I totally get the lovecraftian themes, and I appreciate the use of incomprehensibility so prominently in the game as a theme. It's mostly done well, though, with the incomprehensible being truly scary and intimidating, avoiding being merelly inconsistent. It's presented as grander than an annoyance that just doesn't make sense. So it annoys me when the re-spawning enemies undermine that a bit imo, when the game mechanically ties in to the game's themes, staying inconceivable but consistent in any immediate respect. To be honest, if they somehow connected the incomprehensible eldritch power and dreamlike nature to the respawning enemies, not explaining it or anything but just driving home that there's forces at play behind them rather than it just being a soulsy videogamey thing.
>>
File: 1406884657758.jpg (305 KB, 700x1581) Image search: [Google]
1406884657758.jpg
305 KB, 700x1581
<tfw i enjoyed Lords of the Fallen more than Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne

It feels so wrong and dirty but in the end I cannot lie to my self.
>>
>>320568078
>And its not like there aren't several ways to easily farm souls if you really need it.

You shouldn't have to farm souls if you are good at the game. And if you're good at the game you shouldn't have to invest into a stat that literally makes the game easier.

>So its fine to tie every other aspect to a stat, but not that one thing you would like not to be.
You see, when I invest in strength it doesn't change the hitboxes or chance of hitting.

> the idea of the game getting progressively smoother as you play is rather interesting.
That's already a feature in the souls games. It's called "getting good".

>You not liking it doesn't make it an inherently flawed ideology.
And you liking it doesn't make our opinion invalid.
>>
>>320568243
You are aware that with adaptability alone, and no attunement cost, you can get more I-frames than in 1, yes?

Also, never play monster hunter. You are casual as fuck.
>>
>>320561834
>muh nostalgia goggles
>>
>>320568101
>I've never run into framerate issues in my 100+ hours of playing.

Not that guy, but really? Anytime I summon anyone the framerate regularly fluctuates down to 20.
>>
>>320568182

But there isn't any pyro magic in the world of Bloodborne. The magic comes from the cosmo's or some shit which is why it's either arcane or blood magic.

I do agree build variation is lacking in Bloodborne, but I think the game is too fast paced to allow for slower builds, which you could get away with in the Souls series.
>>
>>320562704
This
>>
File: 1450379802688.jpg (232 KB, 592x533) Image search: [Google]
1450379802688.jpg
232 KB, 592x533
>>320561834
>dark souls babbies
>>
What's the most satisfying move set in Bloodborne?

Personally my top two are
>Saw Spear's transformation combo
>Being able to get through an entire Blades of Mercy dual wield R1 spam combo

They feel so GOOD
>>
>>320562526
Yeah scholar isn't going to completely revamp the impossible world design of DSII.

Dark souls 1s interconnected world was its strongest point and bloodborne does that just as well in its own way.

2 was just garbage.
>>
>play BB
>never use the gun

am i in for a bad time if i don't get used to it? i'm at the part where you face the boss with alfred. i usually just carry hunter's torch
>>
>>320568182

A better argument would have been:

>It wouldn't make sense for hunters to wear armor or move slowly because it has been proven many times in-game that that shit simply did not work against beasts and the like. Hunters adapted and opted for mobility over defense as a result.
>>
>>320568441
It's not just about the number of i-frames, it's about how responsive the game is to your input, how long the animation is, how the animation looks, how much windup and recovery the animation has, and where the i-frames fall during the animation.
>>
>>320568182
It's not magic, but you already have weapons and shit that spews fire to begin with, like a literal flamethrower and the Boom Hammer.
>>
>>320568519

I've done zero co-op and I've only PvP'd a few times. I really haven't noticed framerate drops though. Maybe I'm just retarded?
>>
Why did people start saying splatoon sold better and bloodborne was going to pc?
>>
>>320568356
> So it annoys me when the re-spawning enemies undermine that a bit imo, when the game mechanically ties in to the game's themes, staying inconceivable but consistent in any immediate respect.
So why can't it be a soulsy video game thing?

If you really want to nitpick at that level then you can apply that to nearly every non-linear game.
>>
>>320568641
I wouldnt say you're in for a bad time but you could have a much easier and honestly much funner time if you used it.

Getting parries is satisfying as fuck and visceral attacks destroy EVERYTHING.
>>
>>320561660
Here is your reply
>>
File: 1446063833389.png (191 KB, 844x676) Image search: [Google]
1446063833389.png
191 KB, 844x676
>not loving both Bloodborne and Splatoon
>>
>>320568734
You're probably just retarded. I get frame rate drops often.
>>
>>320568605

Church Pick for me. It's like the Burial Blade on thrust-y steroids.
>>
>>320568734
The game has some pretty massive framerate drops in coop, I really don't think From tested it that well.
>>
>>320568524
Who said there can't be? the old hunters bone gives you quickening, so why can't there be some hunter heirloom that lets you.... i dunno, set yourself on fire or something, sans the damage to yourself?

For people that use fire for their primary targets, the actual amount of fire based items in game are surprisingly lacking.
>>
>>320568524
The build variation is limited to make the weapons that are there more focused. You have to admit there's a lot of fat you could cut from the souls games when it came to weapons and armor sets. Not having to go through literally dozens of pages to find an armor set I like is wonderful.
>>
>>320568356
If you want to get technical, the other games never gave a reason for respawning enemies either, all you ever get is why you respawn (trapped in the Nexus, the Undead Curse, The Hunter's Oath).
>>
>>320568768
It just detracts, especially when it wasn't a video gamesy thing in previous releases because DaS's themes supported it so well. Yeah, you can apply it to a lot of games, but the previous souls games weren't an example of games that you could choose to do so, which is why I'm sad to see bledbern fall into the category of ones that you can. Very nitpicky, still an excellent game.
>>
>>320568605
>kirkhammer
>enemy approaching "swiggity swooty"
>Hold R2
>"Eyyy girl you lmao at the moon yet"
>BAM, PINNED TO THE GROUND
>"call amberlamps oh sweet c'thulu"
>PRESS R2 AGAIN
>SO LONG GAY BOWSER

I'm a simple man.
>>
>>320568641
The first part of the Blood Starved Beast fight is ludicrously easy if you use parries. When it comes to the last part just dodge around and molotov it when it's regenerating its poison.

But yeah, parrying can be very useful if you're fighting an enemy in an enclosed space. And certain bosses/enemy hunters.
>>
>>320568687
If you are seriously talking about a marginal degree of responsiveness as an issue, you have never played truly unresponsive games.

Seriously, play the original castlevania, then tell me about unresponsive.

And i stand by what i said about monster hunter. you'd hate it.
>>
>>320568782
What this anon said. Parries make the game a lot easier.
>>
Well I always felt like since a ton of the enemies you fight in dag sol 1 were undead too and THE FLOW OF TIME IN LORDRAN IS WARPED or whatever and that game was all about cycles, it felt more natural than in BB where it just kinda happens because it has to, not to reinforce its themes AND because it has to as with dag sol.
>>
>>320567206
They actually did that in one game, and that would actually be a decent idea since speed is generally a reward for doing well, so that would play into that mindset.
>>
>>320569089
I guess I'm confused now, even if you don't die in the souls games enemies respawn when you reach a bonfire. How is that not "gamey"?
>>
>>320569196
It's annoying that parry spamming often works. I was kinda annoyed when I'd panic, hit parry a bunch and get a visceral
>>
>>320569183
>you have never played truly unresponsive games.
I have, Dark Souls 2.

>And i stand by what i said about monster hunter. you'd hate it.
Okay?
>>
Bloodborne > DeS > DaS > shit > DaS2

The only people who rank DaS highest are the ones who started on it. It was good but it lacks the atmosphere that both BB and DeS, mostly Latria, fucking nail.
>>
>>320568605
Boom hammer leaping attack when charged
>>
>>320569259
And that game was fucking terrible. I remember playing it.
>>
>>320569297
see
>>320569229
Which I wrote without replying to >>320568990
by mistake.
>>
>>320568978

Yeah I don't mind the lack of build variation. It makes the weapons in the game a lot different instead of having a bunch of weapons classified under one category.

My only issue with the lack of build variety is that I have no reason to make a new character which was my favorite part of the Souls games.
>>
>>320568841
they should be GOTY
>>
>>320569298
Really? I always panic and never get them. It only works when I time it when calm.
>>
>>320568605
Chuch Pick's second Charged R2, and normal mode Charged R2.

finally I can pretend to be Papa Gas.
>>
>>320569330
man, if you think dark souls 2 is actually unresponsive. Thats a bunch of laughs.

I guess that makes it.... what? your second game ever played after DS1?
>>
File: 1380854970299.gif (2 MB, 308x214) Image search: [Google]
1380854970299.gif
2 MB, 308x214
>>320569338
>atmosphere

I wish more people understood.
>>
>>320565640
>I've had the game since launch on PS3.

>he didnt even wait for the PC release
Fucking impatient console faggots.
>>
>>320561834
>lightning in a bottle with demons souls, can't replicate it.

Fixed for you OP.
Dark souls was easy trash
>>
>>320569379
>>320569229
Then why don't bosses respawn? Why don't NPC's respawn after death? Do they not fall under the same rules?
>>
>9 months and tears still flow
LMFAO
>>
>>320568641
It is worth practicing. Some of the best things to practice on are the church guys near the cathedral with the canes. They have a pretty big opening for it so you can get used to using it. The brick faggots near Gascoinge are good as well.
>>
>>320568965

I just think adding traditional magic to Bloodborne would take away from the overall game. It's much more dark than the Souls games and having people throwing fireballs or manipulate the elements would be out of place.

I'm sure From thought of adding magic in and they decided against it, which I can at least respect.

Not sure why they still have an arcane stat though if they wanted the game to be less magic-focused.
>>
>>320569125
this post gave me cancer
>>
File: 1395027280643.jpg (61 KB, 622x404) Image search: [Google]
1395027280643.jpg
61 KB, 622x404
>>320562945
>There are heide knights in heide's tower, rather than all over the fucking place

This fucking bullshit right here is why I hate Scholar.

In the original Dark Souls II, Heide's Tower is fucked, and the only knights you can find are scattered around the globe simply resting. How did they get there? What happened to make them run so far away from their homeland?

Then Scholar came around and said "Oopsy poopsie, just throw all of them in there, who gives a rabbit shit?"

Fuck this makes me so mad.
>>
>>320569395
>My only issue with the lack of build variety is that I have no reason to make a new character which was my favorite part of the Souls games.
That's not true at all though, with such strong weapons their usefullness is tied to certain stats. A strength build is gonna have a hard time with elemental weapons and any arcane or bloodtinge weapons, and vice versa.
>>
I did start with dark souls and I rank it top. I like to think I can reassess and take off the nostalgia goggles, but it's still top. In fairness, though, I haven't played lemon souls. I feel like DaS did have an atmosphere, but it was thinner and more subtle than bloodborne's. Don't get me wrong, I love bloodborne's, but it was nice to get a lot nice different flavours in dark souls 1 whilst still having a cohesive, singular experiences contained in a single less obvious but ultimately very effective atmosphere. BB was oppresive and dark as shit, but my favourite area visually ended up being the nightmare frontier because it was just as beautiful as the rest of the game but was also a breath of fresh air. It was BRIGHT OUTSIDE!

DaS1>BB>>>>>DaS2 (just didn't do it for me)
>>
>>320569338
i'm a huge sonyfag who played DeS first and i like DaS better
>>
>>320562432
This week you cuck

You can thank /pol/ for that
>>
File: 1416133773274.png (213 KB, 343x432) Image search: [Google]
1416133773274.png
213 KB, 343x432
>>320569646
The feel of completely fucking over the Watchers in the chalice dungeon was so goddamn satisfying, and you can do that exact same thing to most enemies in the game.

Like holy fuck it's not a great combo but it is so fucking satisfying
>>
>>320569338
Dark Souls' atmosphere is more subtle, that's all. It's still got it spades, it's just not as tense and oppressive as Bloodborne and DeS.
>>
>>320569589
I'm not saying it has to be traditional magic. You have beam shooting eldritch horrors for fucks sake.

Just make it something about someones rage incarnate, and viola, fire. I dunno. Maybe an aura or something that causes damage when things get close.

There is already magic in the game, sort of. Its just making use of that.
>>
>>320561660
Fastest it's ever been relying on skill and reflex rather than hiding behind shields.
>No build variation
Literally wrong.
>unstable fps
After the patch I haven't notices a single drop in fps.
>ridiculous load times
After the patch they're much shorter.
>sold less than splatoon
Oh well?
>No goty awards
goty awards are fucking retarded. Always have been always will be.

>what went so wrong

PC fats can't play it. Too hard for journalists.
>>
>>320569660
From did fuck up pretty bad with enemy placement in DS2. i';ll agree to that.
>>
>>320569710
Actually this is the most common thing, usually DeS and DaS are god tier games, then bloodborne is top tier, and DaSII is dogshit tier
>>
>>320569471
I'll refer you back to my first post where I point out that you could only call it an improvement out of ignorance. You still haven't addressed the dead zone issue, which is the main factor in its unresponsiveness.
>>
>>320563864
>OBJECTIVELY in my opinion

there's that phrase again
>>
>>320569545
Well the idea is, and I think the cyclic nature of the game's themes support this, is that there's this blurred quality of time in lordran, and whilst the chosen undead progresses, defeats bosses who stay dead, fucks up gwyn and links the fire, things are still always coming back to life, and eventually you get to ng+ and it all repeats itself. It's relative attempts to alter the cyclic nature of things versus the inevitable revolution of said cycle implanted right into the game mechanics, and I always loved that. I'm not saying that's 100% what it's there for and that's the canonnical truth or whatever, but it's way easier to accept that enemies respawn in DaS than in BB, which is all I'm saying really.
>>
>>320569674
>>320569395
Somewhere, I wish I knew where, Miyazaki said that for Bloodborne they wanted the weapons to take more of a center stage, rather than the character build. So you can have a wide number of characters with the same basic stats, but they all play wildly differently because they use different weapons.

That being said you have four basic build types:
Str build
Skl build
Arc build
Blt build

Out of those each has your general quality build of a 50/25 stat split. str and skl can also split with Arc for the split damage weapons (even if the damage sucks for skl ones) so in the end it can become something like 4-11 different "builds"
>>
>>320569125
Congrats on the most obnoxious post of all time.
>>
>>320569910
Why was DaS 2 so shitty? As someone who loved DaS 1 and didn't really care for 2, I still can't put my finger on what's so irksome about it for me. There's some things I can appreciate are worse, but I still feel like there's some huge flaw that's I'm still not accounting for.
>>
>>320569967
And yet I was responding to a post that used the exact same word with less facts to back it up.
>>
>>320569992
That is smaller, but honestly I like that. Every single build is good. You could easily be fucked in the souls games if you invested into the wrong stat (Resistance lol). Here you have a pretty good variety to choose from and it's easy to understand what to level up for which weapon.
>>
Which stats shouldn't I upgrade? I'm pretty early into the game
>>
File: 0564196456.jpg (109 KB, 301x312) Image search: [Google]
0564196456.jpg
109 KB, 301x312
>>
>>320570217
As per usual, level HP, stamina, and one damage stat of choice.
>>
File: 13592645371951.gif (166 KB, 390x339) Image search: [Google]
13592645371951.gif
166 KB, 390x339
>>320569975
Eh, I think you're stretching for meaning on a couple things, but w/e.

You're allowed to think whatever theory or lore you like best.

As long as you like Bloodborne, I ain't got a problem with ya.
>>
>>320570217
All points in endurance
>>
>>320569914
before i even argue this further, what do you mean by "Dead zone"?

And anyways, I-frames are retarded to start with, when you think about it. Why would moving in a particular fashion allow you to not be flattened?
>>
>>320570079
It is just a lot of little things that make it the weakest entry. Forgettable npcs, worse level boss and enemy design, adaptability and soul memory, odd enemy placement that they tried to improve but it is still awkward. I think they banked too hard on the "SO HARD" crowd and really missed what made all the other entries so great.

All that said, I think the game is still a solid 8/10 and a good game, it is just the weakest souls game.
>>
File: 1400445498957.png (487 KB, 571x538) Image search: [Google]
1400445498957.png
487 KB, 571x538
>>320570057
sorry you're so easily-irked?
>>
>>320570292
I might be giving DaS too much credit for having broad ass themes that can tie into everything without trying, but yeah.

It's nice to discuss things at reasonable depth without shouting, thank you for being cool
>>
>>320570079

The shitty game engine.
>>
If I was putting points into strength and then decided to go skill, am I fucked? I didn't realize I preferred the skill weapons to the strength weapons until about level 24
>>
>>320570436
No problem, Souls-threads made by fans are the best. Everyone loves the games and no PC memers to fuck it all up.

Same reason most specific nintendo game threads are so great. Only fans are there.
>>
I really hated enemies despawning in DaS2 if you killed them enough. They completely missed the fukken point. Also that shitty, linear level design.
>>
>>320565780
>asking for the game mechanics to service the apparently most popular and well liked feature of the game is stupid

Do you live in a barrel by any chance?
>>
File: Dead Zones.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Dead Zones.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>320570319
"Dead zone" is a reference to your ability to precisely control your character. In Dark Souls 1 you can spin in a circle, while in Dark Souls 2 when you try to do that your character walks around in a circle, leaving a small area (dead zone) that you can't reach without walking away and coming back again from a different angle. It's the definition of imprecise control.
>>
>>320570379
Not to mention they completely favor magic users and made boss fights way more tedious for no other reason than "lol you wanted it to be hard right"
>>
>>320570645
>the apparently most popular and well liked feature of the game
I don't live in a barrel, but you apparently live in a hugbox. PvPfags are the laughing stock of the community. The point of the Souls games online portion is providing a unique experience, not "balance" or a "fair fight".
>>
do i just ring the bell when i see another player walking around?
>>
>>320570510
Don't worry, level stats aren't what make you good at souls games. It simply multiplies the attack of your weapons.

Level 24 is still pretty close to the beginning of the game, I'd say it's only too late once levels cost 15k each.
>>
>>320570848
Ringing the bell is like placing a soul sign basically. For summoning others in, just ring it near the fog door and you will find someone quickly.
>>
File: 1350608710299.png (240 KB, 320x409) Image search: [Google]
1350608710299.png
240 KB, 320x409
>>320570685
holy fuck that can't be real
>>
>>320570685
I didn't realise it was that bad. Sheit. Turning on a dime in dark souls/bb feels so good
>>
>>320566309
>dodge their first attack then R1 to death

how is "no need to dodge due to most normal enemies having no tracking and backstab chaining them to death" better?
>>
>>320570848
Ringing a bell opens your world for summons. If another player rings their bell, hey might connect with you. It's wholly passive.
>>
>>320561834
but demon's souls was better than dark souls you fucking NIGGER
>>
>>320570848
sort of.
Bells are like the soap signs, except no one ever has to select you, and it follows you around. The bell is proximity based, so the other player has to be near the same area as you are in order for the two of you to connect.
>>
>>320570685
I see.

Honestly, i think they might have fixed that in scholar. I don't think i've seen anything like that in scholar as of yet, and i have just sat spinning in a circle before.
>>
>>320562526
i actually preferred vanilla DSII over scholar...
although i like some new additions and lore pieces but... wtf is up with the enemy placements? it's not about the game being hard... its fucking stupid
>>
File: 1419235836163.jpg (48 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1419235836163.jpg
48 KB, 600x800
>tfw souls games are some of the best games in the past fifteen years
>>
File: 1433695568520.jpg (15 KB, 419x424) Image search: [Google]
1433695568520.jpg
15 KB, 419x424
>>320571053
All of the souls games are great though, preferences are personal.

Except DaS2.

Fuck DaS2.
>>
>>320570136
Sorry but it wasn't
>>
>>320571131
Wait, i saw that wrong, nevermind.

Well, i must say there is a deadzone. Not sure how from dropped the ball on that, but i'm also not sure how its that big an issue.
>>
File: dessertsorceress.png (314 KB, 600x556) Image search: [Google]
dessertsorceress.png
314 KB, 600x556
Anyone care to defend BBs pvp system? It seems pretty tacked on compared to the the rest of the Souls games and the combat seems pretty spam friendly against another player, like everyone has dwgr, 20 grass and a gun to parry that can't be punished.
>>
>>320561660
The only non-retarded complaint in your list is the loading times.
>>
>>320568605

I'm becoming increasingly fond of the Bowblade's scissor move to blade mode. Looks fantastic and hits like a truck.

And the ground slam transformation from the Beast Cutter.

Unf.
>>
>>320570956
>>320570967
It's unbelievable, isn't it? I don't know how they could think that was okay. I've been trying to wrap my mind around it for nearly two years and I just can't.

>>320571009
Backstabbing most enemies like that isn't as easy as you make it sound. Dark Souls' stamina management, attack speed, and poise system just generally make the combat less about stunlocking and spamming light attack, and more about finding your window and adapting your strategy for the enemy. It's not a perfect system, but it's more thoughtful than Bloodborne.
>>
>>320570824
Here you go again, telling us the game should be made for you and only you
>>
>>320569424
I personally found Witcher 3 really boring. Sucks Bloodborne hasn't gotten many awards, but at least Splatoon has.
>>
>>320571307
>the beast cutter in general

FTFY
>>
>>320571267
One thing I like about it is that the game actively gives you practice for pvp encounters early on in forms of fights against enemy hunters.
>>
>>320571358
Just not for PvPfags is fine by me.
>>
>>320571338
>backstabbing most enemies like that isn't as easy as you make it sound

But it is, you literally just walk behind them and press r1
>>
>>320571479
So long as there isn't shit like giantdad. I'm fine with anything but giantdad.
>>
I don't really understand the hate for DaS2. I started on DaS1 and really loved it. It's pretty much my favorite game I've played in a while. DaS2 feels like an extension of DaS1. The only downside is that they got a bit lazy and instead of badass shortcuts due to connecting different areas they let you bonfire warp from the beginning.

But other than that, it feels almost like an expansion pack for DaS1. Maybe that's a bad thing? I really don't see that much of a difference in game play. I first played DaS1 this past year, and just got DaS2 a couple weeks ago so there's no nostalgia goggles or anything like that clouding my judgement.
>>
>>320571672
It takes more than walking to maneuver behind enemies.
>>
>>320571267
PvP in bloodborne is fucked, it just doesn't work because of how the game is designed. Fights are 90 percent of the time spamfests of r1s and healing. On top of that the whole bell maiden thing is just fucking dumb and means that you will only ever invade groups of people or new players in two areas of the game. Love Bllodborne in general, but the PvP is a pretty big disappointment.
>>
>>320561834
you're one of the cucks who got in with prepare to die on pc and are mad that you can't play bloodborne, aren't you.
>>
>>320571769
...you do realize that the entire joke of giantdad was that it was shit, right?
>>
>>320571372

It always gets shit on by people but I love the shit out of the Beast Cutter. I was a dork and got the DLC at level like 15 and ran to get all the weapons and armor I could find before dying and I got the Beast Cutter and I fell in love with it.

I was going for a STR/ARC build, obviously for the Moonlight Greatsword, but I still have the Beast Cutter on standby because it's just so satisfying to use.
>>
>>320572137
You are aware giantdad only became a joke after the woodgrain ring nerf right?
>>
>>320571783

For me it feels like a really good knockoff. There are just a lot of small (well, a few large) things that are just off enough to be noticeable, and they begin to add up.

I played it quite a bit and enjoyed it, but I honestly don't remember nearly as much about it as I do Demon's Souls, Dark Souls or Bloodborne. I'm not unhappy with my purchase and I had fun, but I have no desire to revisit it while I still will occasionally put in Demon's or Dark Souls and just have a relaxing play.
>>
>>320572156
I just love how it goes through walls and shit. That one part in upper cathedral with the 3 beasts? its so fucking fun getting them stuck in the door and knocking the shit out of them.

My only gripe is that i don't have the stats for it. I went Full skill. Well, with some Vit and arcane.
>>
>>320572451

It has some nasty range for how heavy it hits. The second R2 hit is murder, and it has a slam effect; it's also really good against big bosses because the arc is so high you're hitting heads all the time.

And, yes, I love crowd control with it. I'd go back and fuck around in the opening area of the DLC to play with the little lychans lol.
>>
>>320561660
> Combat dumbed down from previous Souls Games

Subjective, some mechanics were removed, some were added. Enemies in general react differently so there's more dynamics to consider.

> No build variation

There are some, str, str/blood, skill, skill/blood, str/arcande, skill/arcane.

After 150 it kind of just becomes a bit of everything, but that's always been an issue in all of the souls games.

> unstable fps

eh, lot better than launch. A stable 30fps is pretty common now, not good, but it's not unstable.

> Ridiculous load times

eh, there like 10 seconds now.

> sold less than splatoon

really grabbing at points now?

> No goty awards

I guess all the game that didn't get awards are absolutely trash to every single person.
>>
Chalice dungeons were a mistake.

I'm glad I (hopefully) won't have to grind for the best shit again in DaS3.
>>
>>320572704
It was honestly the way i beat amygdala. Since its overhead has such a high range, i just kept using it to hit that sweet spot on her arm.

It was fucking glorious.

It just feels so right.
>>
>>320571831
Did I forget to lock on?

m8 back stabbing in dark souls is easy
>>
>>320570685
kek
Dark Souls 2 threads are always full of people bitching about non-issues but this one is new at least, you get points for originality.
>>
>>320572885
So is just attacking the enemy. Backstabbing is just another useful tool in DS1.
>>
>>320572983
>Game 1 has precise controls
>Game 2 does not
>This is a "non-issue"

Congratulations, you're the cancer killing everything.
>>
>>320573240
I played Dark Souls 1 and 2 extensively, both in PvE and PvP and I have never ever found myself in a situation in which I couldn't position myself where I wanted in either of them.
>>
>>320573374
Ignorance is bliss, I suppose.
>>
>>320573240
If it was actually something that stopped me from playing the game effectively i'd care, but in actual gameplay that small deadzone will almost never mean anything. More often than not you are moving sideways to start with.

Its a matter of degree's. Lets say Das1 is 100% responsive. It isn't, but for the sake of argument lets say it is.

That issue you have? rather, all of them you've had? they are a matter of maybe 1% or 2% loss in responsiveness mid combat. They impact the game so little that i'm going to call you a whiny bitch.

Also, seriously, go play monster hunter. I take back what i said. If you think that slight difference is "Unresponsive", you are in for a treat.

Monster hunter does everything you've complained about. Its "unresponsive", how your character move is directly tied to active skills, its literally everything you've complained about.
>>
>>320567404
Yeah, and you faced no repercussions for leveling your stats up willy nilly, soul memory made it so there was basically no build variety when you could just level every fucking stay up and still be in a bracket with lvl 100 character.
>>
>>320569125
Holy shit this post
>>
>>320573747
>That issue you have? rather, all of them you've had? they are a matter of maybe 1% or 2% loss in responsiveness mid combat. They impact the game so little that i'm going to call you a whiny bitch.
You can't boil down a dozen or so little things at the core of the gameplay and call it "one or two percent", that's just ridiculous. Dark Souls 2 feels like ass to play. The game just does not respond well to your inputs. It's something that's very delicate, and they fucked it up entirely. Go into the game with a shield equipped and hold down L1 so you have your shield up. Then rapidly release and tap L1 repeatedly. In Dark Souls 1 you go from the "shield raised" position to the neutral position immediately. It's so snappy and satisfying! Then do it in Dark Souls 2. You do not move. The game does not respond to your input. Slow down your taps and you'll see a slight start to the movement, and you can actually watch how painfully sluggish the game is. It's gross.

>Monster hunter does everything you've complained about. Its "unresponsive", how your character move is directly tied to active skills, its literally everything you've complained about.
Sounds like Monster Hunter is shit then.
>>
>>320574253
No, it sounds like you are a casual faggot complaining about something that literally does not affect the actual gameplay at all. You are complaining about something that will never be your focus when actually doing things. That deadzone literally doesn't matter. When actually fighting, you turn on a dime. You are moving sideways. You will never hit that dead zone unless you are actually trying to.

YOU ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT NON-ISSUES.

Did they drop the ball on it? yeah, a bit. Enough to call the game shit? not at all.

You know what i think? i think you algernon'd your ability to play games at some point. And i'm gonna call you a faggot for it.
>>
File: 1450237934124.jpg (232 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450237934124.jpg
232 KB, 768x1024
>>320561660
>Bloodborne will never be on the PC

This is the only thing that matters
>>
>>320563864
Almost all of these are improvements. They actually fix the broken bullshit in 1.
>>
>>320574660
>That deadzone literally doesn't matter.
Okay anon. That's your defense. We'll leave it at that.
>>
>>320574660
Yeah, lets just ignore it and enjoy DaS2's redeeming factors.

Oh wait.
>>
>>320574883
Hey, i am not saying DS 2 is perfect. I'm saying he's complaining about the wrong shit.
>>
>>320574883
It does have one redeeming factor. It made dual-wielding legitimately viable.
>>
>>320575112
The only Souls game with good duel wielding is Bloodborne's Blades of Mercy. Powerstancing is fucking gay.
>>
>>320574863
I guess it matters when you are a jaded cunt who is no longer able to enjoy games.
Show me a situation in actual gameplay in which it affects you.
You can't.
But complaining about being unable to reach that zone in a demonstration completely outside of context is enough to make it a big issue I suppose.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.