[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time. What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: DarkSouls.jpg (50 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls.jpg
50 KB, 403x403
Hey /v/, I'm playing Dark Souls for the first time. What class should I play as and why, what gift should I give myself, and what are some general pro tips?
>>
Go towards the graveyard as soon as the bird breaks you out.
There are nice items there.
>>
>>320559679
Thanks, I'll check it out.

How are bows in this game? Useful at all against bosses? Will I practically be survival-horroring it with how few arrows I have?

Also, I've heard sorcery/pyromancy is OP, but is it fun? my go-to RPG characters are archers and hot redheads that throw fireballs.
>>
File: 1433449803811.jpg (328 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
1433449803811.jpg
328 KB, 746x746
Generally do whatever you want.
>>
>>320559459

In the souls games stamina is more important than health so focus on that and have fun
>>
>>320559459
Anything but magic, magic is for gay little shits
>>
>>320559997
>How are bows in this game?

Honestly, they're pretty good for cheesing stronger enemies if they're out of range. Generally useless against bosses unless you're really patient. Arrow supply isn't a problem unless you do something dumb like kill the shopkeeper.
>>
>>320560348
Agree, good for sniping but absolute shit in regular combat.
>>
>>320559459
Wanderer, old witch ring, only weak pyromancy as in no chaos and no ascended flame

Have fun
>>
>>320560554
>magic

Sorry not a cheap fag
>>
>>320559679
>tfw I entered into DaS intentionally without any foreknowledge and ended up trying to kill my way through the graveyard
>I didn't get slaughtered but I couldn't make any headway
>"well, they did say this game was hard"
>then I figured it out
>>
>>320560661
>spend like a whole day beating Graveyard and Tomb of the Giants
>path to Nito is blocked
>>
>>320560626
>Pyromancy
>Magic

KEK

I bet you think it scales off of INT too
>>
Starting class doesn't matter much, pick the one that looks cool.

Starting gift, go for pendant if it's your first time.

Bows are good support but you'll need a reliable melee weapon. Almost any weapon in the game is viable besides ones that'll be pretty obvious, like broken sword hilts. Pick a thing you like, if you don't like it shop around. You'll want to get a favourite though. Be buddies with your weapons. Become the sword.

Also having a fireball or two to chuck won't hurt.
>>
>>320559459
put points in strength and dexterity for your first build so you can use (most) weapons to find out which movesets you like best
>>
OP here, decided to play as a thief. Can I still into magic? Also, Goddess's Blessing sounds too vanilla, so is Tiny Being's Ring any good? I feel like it'll be the next best thing, and I'd rather have passive health effects than active ones.
>>
>>320561715
>Can I still into magic?
Yes, anyone can

>Tiny Being's Ring
Crap, just pick anything other than master key ft your first playthrough unless you love exploring and breaking the progression order
>>
>>320561715
Classes don't mean shit, learn to dodge effectively and the game is ezpz
>>
>>320559459
Just go in totally blind, you'll have the best experience that way.
>>
>>320563516
This
>>
>>320559459
get the master key

any class is good except the last one in which you look almost naked, that is the hard mode.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.