[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else have a problem with the way dodging in Smash
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Cereza_Bayonetta_2_render.png (1 MB, 892x1115) Image search: [Google]
Cereza_Bayonetta_2_render.png
1 MB, 892x1115
Does anyone else have a problem with the way dodging in Smash 4 works? It seems like every match devolves into the opponent and i dodging behind each other's backs through the whole stage, only for the opponent to smash attack me somehow.
>>
>>320558301
yes, smash4 is really defensive and 9 out of ten scenarios the best move is to wait until your opponent attacks

it's the game's second greatest flaw after blast zones being too far away
>>
>>320558301
then smash them first
>>
>only for the opponent to smash attack me somehow

Dodges can be punished when you come out of it.
>>
>>320559404
Duh. But every time I try to punish a dodge, the opponent ends up dodging again, like it was no big deal. I honestly can't tell what I'm doing wrong.
>>
>>320559883
try to GIT GUD, or just go back to Project Meme :^)
>>
>>320559883

Do faster moves, you generally can't punish dodges with smash attacks.
>>
walk up, wait for the forward roll, turn around and grab / jab / a fast tilt
>>
File: Smash 4.gif (1023 KB, 297x168) Image search: [Google]
Smash 4.gif
1023 KB, 297x168
>>
>>320558301
Time to get git gud. I've only ever had that problem with spot-dodging at the ledge while fighting CPUs, and even then I get out of there before they punish me.
>>
Op here. You know what I think the problem is. I can't find a lot of enjoyment with sm4sh so I don't care too much about progressing and gitting gud. If I found more amusement with this game, I might learn how to dodge and punish better, but the online in this game just makes it so not fun. Literally every character has a rinse and repeat tactic that is used over and over again. Even Cloud, who was released, what, like yesterday, has a typical combo everyone uses. (jump to forward aerial, down A on the ground, up aerial x3).
>>
>>320558301
Yeah, I can understand your issue with it.
The best way to fix the issue would be to make rolling grab vulnerable
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.