[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good 3ds games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x450
Hey guys,

Driving to Canada with my family from East Coast region of Burgerstan after Christmas..

Figured I would buy this thing to hold me over the long drive.. My question is this

Besides Yo-Kai Watch which is the primary game I'm buying this shit for what are some other games you recommend for when I realize that Yo-Kai is just mediocre?
>>
>>320554670
As a shameless self bump,

I played smash which was alright but I feel that it will be kind of boring unless I am on wifi which I guess I could setup on my hotspot.

I like RPGs though. Any good ones that /v/ would recommend?
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 546x658) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 546x658
Please /v/irgins, you must help me
>>
Kid Icarus
Luigi's Mansion
>>
>>320556038
Would you recommend xenoblade or monster hunter? I saw another 3ds thread.

But thanks man, putting those on the list
>>
>>320556242
No idea. I've only played the 3DS MH and it felt like the game was a complete grindfest. Maybe you're into that.

Xenoblade doesn't seem remotely like my type of game, but most RPG fans love it and consider it to be one of the greats.

Sorry. The few RPGs that I have enjoyed on the 3DS were the SMT games.
>>
>>320556242
also, I've played the previous Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games and they were relaxing. you might like to play the newest one during your trip
>>
>>320557034
That sounds really nice thanks man
>>
File: 1440365977947.jpg (4 MB, 1497x5600) Image search: [Google]
1440365977947.jpg
4 MB, 1497x5600
try these
>>
>>320556242
You need the new 3ds for xenoblade.
>>
MH4U
Devil Survivor 1 & 2
SMT IV
Soul Hackers
Luigi's Mansion
>>
Link Between Worlds, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Sticker Star (it's actually pretty good, fuck the haters). Get ones you can play in short bursts so you dont get tired out.

Dont get Xenoblade or Monster Hunter, it gets boring as fuck especially on long trips.
>>
>>320554670
I recommend Kid Icarus: Uprising if you can get your hands on it and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Digital only in everywhere but Japan).
The World Ends With You is a good title for the original DS I can recommend too.
>>
>>320554670
Mario 3d World is really fun, the only real problem it has are the bosses, which are extremely easy and repetitive. I'd recommend that. Dk Country 3d is also really good, but again, the bosses suck. Kid Icarus is really good, and has great replay value.
>>
BRAVELY DEFAULT
>>
>>320554670
Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a great choice.
>>
>>320554945
Bravely Default and Rune Factory 4
>>
File: tetsucabra.jpg (291 KB, 600x421) Image search: [Google]
tetsucabra.jpg
291 KB, 600x421
Monster hunter 4u. Prepare to spend 200 hours and still not be at end game
>>
>>320554670

If you really want to waste a lot of time, get an R4 card, like supercard DS2. It emulates damn near every GBA, DS, and 3DS game.
>>
>>320554670
find out what firmware its on. if its 9.2 or below hack it and get free games
>>
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS

This site should really be stickied.
>>
>>320558095
Sounds about right got about 750 hrs, and I've been grinding Guild Quests for awhile.
>>
I got a $20 dollar eshop card for cloud and have $14 left. What's good on the eshop?
>>
File: Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Gameplay.jpg (79 KB, 630x315) Image search: [Google]
Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Gameplay.jpg
79 KB, 630x315
If you plan to use the system often I recommend MH4U. It's the most enjoyable grindfest on the 3ds for sure and it'll test your pattern recognition and reaction time. Watch a beginners tutorial if you aren't familiar with monhun.

If you're only going to use it on long trips try Kid Icarus Uprising. It's action heavy, has stages that can last about twenty minutes, and can be played for hours on end without running out of something novel to do. The dialogue happens mid-game and is a part of the experience so I'd recommend bringing headphones. Cradle the 3ds with your palm or set it on your lap, you get used to the controls after the first couple of missions.

If you like rhythm games and aren't worried about being seen playing one of the most embarrassingly japanese games on the system, grab Project Mirai DX. Lots of shit to do in that one, but it's pretty niche.
>>
>>320560479
Is 3DS emulation with the DS2 now possible? I got one back when I wanted to play DS games but I remember getting 3DS games to play on it was out of the question
>>
>>320561525
>buying dlc
>not pirating it

wew lad
>>
>>320554670
If the firmware is below 9.2, for the love of god don't update.

Get some CFW on that and pirate.
>>
>>320561582
why not just get a gateway card? you can play gba and probaly snes on the red card and the blue care is made for ds games
>>
>>320561525
Anything by Level 5 is good, if short. I liked Liberation Maiden, Crimson Shroud, and Weapon Shop de Omasse.
Way Forward is good too. Mighty Switch Force and Pirates Curse are the highlights.
>>
>>320561582

If you have an old one, no. Their newest one, DS2+, apparently has new software and hadware that allows it.

http://eng.supercard.sc/
>>
>>320554670
>Buying 3DS for Yokai Watch
Underage B&
>>
>>320561552
I also recommend Kid Icarus, but maybe not if you're left-handed

and MH4U wasn't for me but it has a crazy skill ceiling if that's what you like
>>
>>320561753
Can you play online with a modded 3ds? I already updated to most recent cause of Cloud but I'm gonna sell this one soonish
>>
>>320562243
Yeah. I have a hacked one and play Smash online constantly. even pirated cloud and other dlc
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.