[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /v/irgins, I've played dota since beta, and tired
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 318x158) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 318x158
Alright /v/irgins,

I've played dota since beta, and tired of the lack of region lock. Also all my irl friends play, so I'm giving it a shot.

How bad is the transition?
Or should I be able to shit on everyone from the get go?
>>
>>320544548
hi op >>>/vg/ :)
>>
>>320544626
Like I want to go to that circle jerk shitstorm
>>
File: 1442118386228.jpg (64 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442118386228.jpg
64 KB, 640x640
>>320544626
>>
I know it's >lol moba but who cares if I like eating shit?
>>
>>320544548
The transition will be easy as fuck, you're going from the real game to the training wheels babby game.
You might have a lot of fun with it at first, but since you're used to dota you'll get bored of it very quickly. It's really mashy and spammy and there isn't a whole lot for powerful or interesting disables, and the game is really formulaic with a forced team comp and lane layout.

Also here's a hint: it being regionlocked doesn't mean you aren't still going to have to deal with taco niggers
>>
File: 1402513161916.jpg (149 KB, 500x478) Image search: [Google]
1402513161916.jpg
149 KB, 500x478
>people think dota is actually good.

o i am laffin.
>>
>>320544993
Don't forget about rune/mastery nonsense and having to earn the use of other champions.

If you do end up playing OP, buy very few low cost champs with your IP, save the rest for when you are allowed to buy t3 runes. Its basically required after that point or you are at a flat disadvantage against everyone.
>>
League is fun, ignore the hivemind.

The general game strat is a lot simpler than Dota, but the difficulty comes from having to know champs + how they're best utilised.

Literally; the more champs you try out and play, the better you'll be
>>
>>320545335
>what's an opinion
>>
If you think region-lock will save you from foreigners not speaking your language, you're wrong.
But yeah have fun OP, League is not even close to being as complex as Dota, but it's pretty fun indeed.
>>
>>320544548
you can't really transition from dota to league due to the level/currency grind.

I like both and prefer league but it's just a fact.
>>
I didn't make the transition from DotA 2 to League but I did from Allstars to League. Although the meta was definitely different back then there are still some common mentalities that need changing.

Laning is more or less a very gradual win. In Dota, when you commit, you basically give up your entire laning position to go in and attempt a gank which lends itself to harsher punishments as well. In League, it's way softer because the mana costs are so low and brush gives an easier way to escape.

Hyper-carries barely exist so don't expect to be able to carry most of the games on your own. If you can't deal with that, you're going to want to duo-queue most of your games or learn to lead with strong initiating heroes.

Depending on how good you were in DotA, I could see an equivalent MMR being just straight up +500 going to League as long as you understand the basic map and meta changes.
>>
File: pokemon snap.gif (2 MB, 350x261) Image search: [Google]
pokemon snap.gif
2 MB, 350x261
>>320546528
this is a good tip thank you
here's one of my favorite gifs
>>
>>320544548
>try to enjoy the game
just like in dota it takes a bit of time to learn about all the champs
>there is no denying
>items are a bit less impactfull than in dota
>farming is better than unsecure kills + death isnt as punishing
>>
>>320549586
so basically its gonna suck by myself

good thing im only playing with duo or more
>>
>>320550203
it doesnt need to suck by yourself, depending on your friends strangers might be better at the game than your friends
of course experience is key here

also league used to be better, at least in my opinion
>>
>>320550343
S1 jungle forever. Rest in peace sweet prince.
>>
>>320544548
knew some dota 1 players that transitioned to lol then to dota 2. They did fine. They had a better grasp of lol strategy, but never really helped in character select.

they also (gasp) played for fun and never took Lol or dota seriously.
>>
>>320544548
>Or should I be able to shit on everyone from the get go?
Bhahahahah, those dotailusions.
The only one who will be shit on is you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.