[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why isn't anyone talking about this game I pirated it and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: helldivers-990x500.jpg (53 KB, 990x500) Image search: [Google]
helldivers-990x500.jpg
53 KB, 990x500
why isn't anyone talking about this game

I pirated it and it seems like it's a lot of fun online
>>
>>320542910
>pirating games

And people wonder why games are such shit.
>>
>>320544125

Not him but demos don't really exist these days.
>>
Helldivers is great for couch co-op. It's definitely a little confusing at the start but once you get the hang of things it's fantastic.

I've played online a bit too, the community seems really nice surprisingly. I was expecting a bunch of always-angry assholes but people were pretty friendly.
>>
It was a lot of fun online, especially with friends. It's pretty repetitive though, and you can easily unlock everything in a week or so.

Seems like the player count for the Steam version is already dwindling down.
>>
I wish they'd remove the fucking P2W flashlight. No reason to use any other gun.
>>
>>320545226
>P2W flashlight
what
>>
>>320545064
damn, and i was thinking of buying it

I'm already having trouble trying to clear the 'medium' difficulty alone.
>>
File: SANTA'S COMING TO TOWN.jpg (342 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
SANTA'S COMING TO TOWN.jpg
342 KB, 1920x1200
>tfw Jetpack
>Remotely detonated explosives
>Maxed out Sickle
>Cardio accelerator
>>
>>320544262
Reviews do.
Game play videos do.

If you pirate you are directly responsible for games being such shit now.
>>
I played it and loved it, but haven't played it in a few months. After beating helldives becomes a regular thing for you, it becomes repetitive fast.

There needs to be inside close quarters maps, like inside an alien hive or inside a cyborg space station. Even on the standard big field levels, there should be high ground and low ground. Swamps, volcanoes, and snow do add just a bit of flavor to each world, but overall every map is pretty cut and paste.
>>
>>320545804
>Reviews do.
>Game play videos do.

Not
The
Same

I'm not gonna buy a game just because someone else says they like it.
>>
>>320542910
I love it. I feel that it had a strong base, but it needa more. More mission types, new enemies, more cosmetic shit to grind for, ways to customize your ship. It needs more content, more variety. And a few higher difficulties.

I love it though. I might wait for the DLC to go on sale, because they're all sidegrades. The first assault rifle is one of the best.
>>
>>320546335
Then quit playing games faggot.
Get a job.
>>
>>320546426
I do have a job.

I'll pirate whatever the fuck I want too, stay mad kiddo
>>
I wonder how long this will be stuck on War 2.
>>
>>320546476
>lying on the internet

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>320546370
that sounds exactly like Warframe a few years ago
>>
>>320547024
Delicious projecting tears.
>>
>>320547024
being this mad kek
>>
>>320547114
>>320547569
samefagging
>>
>>320545804
Not trying to white night, but this anon is right

Pirating is probably a big reason the whole "minimal effort for full priced games" strategy came out. No point going big if pirates just kill the profits
>>
>>320542910
send that magnet link, yo.
>>
I pirated this game and then bought it after because it was good. Trusting reviewers is for literal chumps.
>>
>>320548383
MGSV sold well and a lot of people pirated it
Undertale sold well and a lot of people pirated it
R6 Siege sold well and a lot of people pirated it

Pirating is literally free marketing. If the game is good, people will tell others to buy it and eventually buy the game themselves.

Hell, I've been playing the pirated version on tunngle for a while now and I'm considering buying the game when it goes on sale, but only if it doesn't die off before then, at which point there would be no reason to buy it anymore.
>>
Is it crossplay?
>>
>>320548698
True, but it's also profit that isn't being made. If 15% of people pirate a game, then that's 15% less money being made. Enough to have gay devs put less time and effort into their games, while still making the same money.
>>
>>320548698
>R6 Siege sold well and a lot of people pirated it
how do you even pirate that game? I played a bit of the closed beta and had a lot of fun.
>>
>>320548485
Not him but here
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A0C17A129B474138C6406EA6D071523B69EAFB6A&dn=HELLDIVERS%e2%84%a2%20Digital%20Deluxe%20Edition%20%28Multi18%29%20-%20Lordw007&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce
>>
>>320549007
So the problem is not pirating, is gay devs and their feelings.
>>
>>320549007
I can't speak for everyone but if there is no way to try a game either through a legitimate demo or through pirating then I tend to ignore it. Maybe I miss a few games I might have enjoyed but I'll bet I've dodged more bullets this way.
>>
>>320549261
The fuck is this botnet, man?
>>
>>320548485
http://www.mpc-g.com/helldivers/
>>
>>320549007
That doesn't make sense.
1 pirated version does not equal to one version not sold.
If pirating would not exist the person would most likely not pay for the game either.
>>
>>320549007
>True, but it's also profit that isn't being made
They're not getting my money until it goes on sale anyways.

>If 15% of people pirate a game, then that's 15% less money being made
Like I said, if the game is good, the devs will get the profit they deserve. A shitload of games that are pirated to hell and back still get a lot of money nowadays. See: All Source games.

Pirating never hurt the industry as much as the publishers/developers themselves.

By the way, this >>320549556
>>
>>320549261
>botnet
ayy
>>
>>320542910
I plan on getting it this sale
>>
File: PlanetaryAnnihilationTITANS2.jpg (104 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
PlanetaryAnnihilationTITANS2.jpg
104 KB, 600x337
bought the 40$ deluxe edition. countless hours of fun with the steam link. It so fun it reminds of the time kylo ren killed his dad han solo
>>
>>320549596
>Please disable your AdBlock :(
>We work hard on this website, support our work.

Kekd hard
>>
are there 40k mods for this yet?
>>
>>320549638
It does.

>>320549667
>Stealing doesn't cause any damage to any industry
>the people who are being robbed do it

Well, maybe if you dumb faggots weren't robbing them, they would actually care.
>>
>>320550050
>Piracy is stealing

Nice b8 faggot.
>>
>>320550178
It is.
>>
>>320542910
It came out almost a year ago. What had to be said was said back then.

It's a pretty fun game. Never played online either.
>>
>DLC costs more than the game.
>DLC is actual content and not just cosmetics.
>DLC contains at least one straight upgrade and not jsut side grades.
>People defend this.

It's okay when a small, indie developer does it :^)
>>
>>320550050
>It does.
no it doesn't you retarded faggot. there are lots of games, that I would never buy, even when on sale, but I have pirated them. and some of those games I liked enough to even purchase a copy of after pirating, because I enjoyed it so much.
>>
Because I already played it months ago on PS4.

Great game, trying to solo hard planets is a rush.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.