[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
What went wrong?
>>
Assigning staff unable to meet the demands of the project who also clearly didn't understand what made the predecessors good. It's clear they were just trying to work from a recipe without understanding the purpose behind why the previous games were designed the way they were and fucked up as a result.

Imitation without understanding.
>>
Casuals found it
>>
>>320537346
Development hell.

Even still it ended up a good game.
>>
>>320538956
Faggots with nostalgia goggles can't appreciate it.
>>
No vision.

DaS2 has no reason behind its design, they serve no greater purpose. Miyazaki says that his games being difficult was never the point, they were difficult because of the sort of experience he wanted to convey to the player.

DeS, DaS and BB are all games greater than the sum of their parts. DaS2 is "This is what people like about these games, I think."
>>
imo, having your max health reduced each time you die is stressful af, it's the only reason i stopped playing, i never felt safe, always in stress. why would i want to play something like that?
>>
>>320541864
I wasn't especially bothered by it but it just felt like a pointless and poorly implemented middle ground between Demon's Souls Soul/Body form and DaS hollowing. I don't think they know why they did it to be honest, that's how most of the decisions feel in DaS2.

Fucking Life Gems just show true retardation from the dev team.
>>
>>320537346

Nothing. It's just as good as the original, in my opinion.
>>
>>320540701

Did... did you just quote MatthewMatosis, word for word? If you didn't, you came pretty damn close.

I think you should try playing it yourself and forming your own opinion.
>>
>>320540701
>DeS, DaS and BB are all games greater than the sum of their parts.

So.. they're better than the whole their various parts form? I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 1018x794) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 1018x794
Played it before DS1 and I thought it was pretty great. Although after playing DS1, it felt more clunky than DS2 but the atmospheres, level design and overall encounters made me realize that DS1 is the better game. I still think DS2 is good though, and can't wait to see what DS3 has in store.

I thought DS1 was much harder than DS2
>>
>>320542861
>So.. they're better than the whole their various parts form? I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.

No, I am pretty sure that's the correct use of the phrase. When something is greater than the sum of its parts it implies that something forms a whole.
>>
I feel like this has been discussed to death but here goes.

Pros: Dark Souls 2 excels in the way it balances out the combat. Items don't just insta-heal you, blocking and rolling don't feel broken because of the massive improvement in the stamina system, less broken shit like backstabs and infinite stunlocks. I will take Dark Souls 2 PvP over Dark Souls 1 PvP anyday.

Cons: The general creativity. Level design is often boring, enemies are lackluster and samey, bosses are quantity over quality. The world is much bigger but does not interconnect in the same ways DS1 does.

Overall its still a fun game but its not as memorable as the DS1 world is.
>>
>>320542769
>Did... did you just quote MatthewMatosis, word for word? If you didn't, you came pretty damn close.

I have only seen some of his MGS reviews, it wouldn't surprise me if he said something like that, but those are my words.
>>
>>320537346
in short too much to live up to

honestly das 2 feels like it's something that would be made by modders if they had decent mod support
not bad but not true greatness either
it did some thing way better than das and i really hope they combine best of both worlds in 3
take rolling for example - i love the way 2 gives you more directional control yet it's all fucked by agility
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.